Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Zoegate, AKA the fall of Video Game Media.  (Read 27030 times)

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Zoegate, AKA the fall of Video Game Media.
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2014, 09:23:00 am »

What lawn?
* Darvi walks away with an empty petrol tank.

Anyways, this is dumb, an not in an "amusing to watch" kinda easy.
Fair enough, maybe only funny to me right now because this is just keep happening to a beat and I wish people would learn from the last time they did this to her ABOUT THE SAME THING WITH THE SAME GAME AND HOLY SHIT THE FAR CRY 3 AND METAL GEAR JOKE ARE KILLING ME

Looking at all the Reddit Gold people are giving each other while circlejerking over this, I'm pretty sure Reddit has made more money off this controversy than she has at this point.
I thought her game was free, meaning she was probably hoping for attention/popularity rather than money.

I think she may have won :P
You bet she won with the amount of shit started by people who had no clue that they had done for her  :P

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2014, 09:24:18 am »

Most game studios have ran out of ideas, EA pay major gaming outlets, practically no one except toady had one fresh idea in the last ten years, but a game called "depression quest" is causing the fall of videogames because it got great reviews?

First explain me how you can possibly fooled by "depression quest". You know right from the start that it's a pretentious hypster game about depression, right? What else can it be? How can a game reviewer fool you about this? They made you think this game was the future of RTS?

Now this scream "manufactured shitstorm", we've seen this a lot in the past, but you're the fool for buying into it. It's like "tropes vs women" all over again : generate hype for a product that will interest sjw's, manufacture a shitstorm for pity points, rake in the cash. A fool and his money (and now clicks) ...
Achron. Google it.
._.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2014, 09:29:53 am »

[snip]
hate machine
[snip] slut shame [snip]
Not sure if trolling.

Also, her Paetron spiked through the roof after this shitstorm was publicized, and her "game" also spiked in popularity on Kickstarter after she whined about nonexistent harassment (yes, burden of proof is still on the one making the statement, or, to quote the classics, "Pics or it didn't happen.").
So, yes. She is making money off this, despite the game being ostensibly free.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2014, 09:32:18 am »

I haven't read the whole thread, but I read the OP and I know the story.

Werty, your first post assumes that video game "journalism" hasn't been corrupt for years. In fact, almost none of the people in video game "journalism" have anything resembling journalistic experience, or a degree in journalism (let alone journalistic integrity). Also, it's been a well known fact for a few years that certain review outlets take kickbacks from publishers, and are "incentivized" not to publish stories criticizing their games. Does anyone remember that little shitstorm with that guy who formed GB and the "undeserved" bad review he wrote of Kane and Lynch 2 back when he was at GS?

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2014, 09:33:15 am »

[snip]
hate machine
[snip] slut shame [snip]
Not sure if trolling.

Also, her Paetron spiked through the roof after this shitstorm was publicized, and her "game" also spiked in popularity on Kickstarter after she whined about nonexistent harassment (yes, burden of proof is still on the one making the statement, or, to quote the classics, "Pics or it didn't happen.").
*Cough*

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2014, 09:34:55 am »

I come only to watch the stupidity! And the inevitable Toad purge that this is bound to derail into
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2014, 09:36:07 am »

I come only to watch the stupidity! And the inevitable Toad purge that this is bound to derail into
True

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2014, 09:39:19 am »

[snip]
hate machine
[snip] slut shame [snip]
Not sure if trolling.

*Cough*
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2014, 09:40:43 am »

>Implying that video game journalism wasn't already corrupt

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2014, 09:41:02 am »

http://crowdlogs.com/project/zoe

Jan 24 - August 19 - reached 1017$ a month.
August 19 - August 20 - reached 2014$ a month.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2014, 09:43:36 am »

Q.E.D.
Not making money from free games, my tail.

>Implying that video game journalism wasn't already corrupt
That's not even the problem anymore; the issue is all these arguabily reputable outlets furiously curbing any mention of the mess.
Hell, now TB is credited for inadvertently creating the greatest post graveyard on Reddit, with tens of thousands of purged posts.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2014, 09:47:23 am »

Thank you burning, guess as much from the last time this has happen in which she got alot of support from people  :D

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2014, 10:00:05 am »

[snip]
hate machine
[snip] slut shame [snip]
Not sure if trolling.
Are you? Reddit especially has a finely honed hate machine/harassment mob among their subs that seems to exist solely to get outraged at people, usually for nonexistent slights, especially women. It's mostly made of rascists, sexists, entitled pricks and general purpose bigots, but there are plenty of people involved who just really like harassing folks in general and the seething rage makes a convenient excuse to be horrible human beings.

And it's fun to see them sputter, so I'm probably got give some money to this lady solely for that reason alone. :V

U mad though Something Evil? Are you part of the hate machine and now you've found something new to get mad about?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2014, 10:01:13 am »

I love some of the logic involved.

"Aha! She's trying to get attention to make money from the attention she gets from all the harassment directed at her!"

Zoe's plots and control go so deep... the haters are themselves puppets of her nefarious schemes. It's too late. She already controls the world.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2014, 10:05:13 am »

Although it's sorta legitimate thing that happens. Baiting people to be angry for more attention. At this level honestly I feel that, Morally, it's okay to profit off people who that obviously just really awful terrible people. Even if you do it on purpose.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11