Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116912 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Out Now!
« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2015, 07:00:33 am »

Also, I love how the pathways link up seamlessly with ones from parks and buildings.

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2015, 07:01:57 am »

Implemented this. Poop Lake generates about 64MW of power, which is pretty dang impressive.

So i made a water reactor in skylines. It is stupidly overengineered, breaks conservation of energy and involves daily mass casualties. Just like your garden variety fortress. Comes with a steady and endless flow of useless eaters immigrants.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 13, 2015, 07:09:48 am »

Ok, I've figured out what my problem with getting this to runis. Basically, I missed the line in the spec where it requires a 64 bit windows install. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 13, 2015, 09:02:53 am »

Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2015, 09:21:18 am »

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:22:55 am by dennislp3 »

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2015, 09:24:02 am »

Nah, that's Dave, definitely. He's taking over the world!

(see Penguins of Madagascar if you haven't done so yet)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2015, 09:25:39 am »

it requires a 64 bit windows install

on one hand I'm sorry you lost money and time. on the other hand, FINALLY, the soner 32bit dies the faster game can drop that and end the endless problem of mods only working for either version of windows.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2015, 09:30:04 am »

yesterday I tried to run this game yesterday, but my computer would suddenly turn off.

I suspected it to be overheating, so I lowered settings, but nope.
placing the case in a less enclosed place, nope.

What finally worked was opening the side of the case, which let the game run. with GPU at a temperature of 95 °C, according to the program I downloaded to monitor it.

Shall I take that as a cue to finally clean the fans?
( by the way, sticking my hand inside, it all felt quite cool. is it normal to not feel any heat from the fans, with such an high reported temperature?)

Back to the game.... I must say it feels great. Only problem I have is that to change zoning, you must first remove it then place the new one. which is a nice safety , but it makes upgrading some residential areas to high density a bit of a pain.

Also, advanced wind turbines are awesome, if you have windy water spots. 20MW of energy, cheaper than coal. I am building nothing else. ( well, I built a dam, but all it did was flood the highway downstream and half my funds)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 13, 2015, 09:33:01 am »

So...  Landfills don't automatically empty out into the Incinerator, unless you specifically have the Landfill emptied out.  (Pretty annoying.)

I think it is the same deal with Crematoriums and Graveyards.  ...  I think the Crematorium actually went out to collect bodies... so maybe I can replace them Graveyards with Crematoriums wholesale.  Same with the Incinerators if they do work the same.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2015, 09:41:26 am »

yesterday I tried to run this game yesterday, but my computer would suddenly turn off.

I suspected it to be overheating, so I lowered settings, but nope.
placing the case in a less enclosed place, nope.

What finally worked was opening the side of the case, which let the game run. with GPU at a temperature of 95 °C, according to the program I downloaded to monitor it.

Shall I take that as a cue to finally clean the fans?
( by the way, sticking my hand inside, it all felt quite cool. is it normal to not feel any heat from the fans, with such an high reported temperature?)

Back to the game.... I must say it feels great. Only problem I have is that to change zoning, you must first remove it then place the new one. which is a nice safety , but it makes upgrading some residential areas to high density a bit of a pain.

Also, advanced wind turbines are awesome, if you have windy water spots. 20MW of energy, cheaper than coal. I am building nothing else. ( well, I built a dam, but all it did was flood the highway downstream and half my funds)

That temperature is just the temperature of the actual chips on the CPU and GPU so no you wont feel it most likely.

If you have to open your case...and especially if you are hitting 95 degrees then yes you need to clean that really bad. A PC CPU/GPU should never really go above about 80 or 85 degrees at most. At 95 degrees you are shortening the life of your computer drastically

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #281 on: March 13, 2015, 09:45:38 am »

I haven't had this problem. How does it make it difficult?

I pause the game, use the drag-select tool to unzone or the paint tool if it's a complex combined area then rezone.

So...  Landfills don't automatically empty out into the Incinerator, unless you specifically have the Landfill emptied out.  (Pretty annoying.)

I think it is the same deal with Crematoriums and Graveyards.  ...  I think the Crematorium actually went out to collect bodies... so maybe I can replace them Graveyards with Crematoriums wholesale.  Same with the Incinerators if they do work the same.
It is by design as you don't get incinerators or crematoriums until later on. Once the graveyard/landfill is empty you can demolish them as the incinerator and crematorium have the same amount of service vehicles. The only gotya there is that landfills can take any amount of trash up to its max fill while incinerators can only process a certain amount each week so you need to have enough to handle the supply (which is artificially increased while you're emptying landfills).

Landfills on empty will use their own trucks to haul the garbage off to incinerators so you won't be interrupting garbage collection.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 13, 2015, 09:49:01 am »

Also crematoriums make pollution while graveyards don't (and I think incinerators make more pollution than landfills), so if you're sticking graveyards in the middle of your residential areas then you'll have health problems.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #283 on: March 13, 2015, 09:50:29 am »

Also crematoriums make pollution while graveyards don't (and I think incinerators make more pollution than landfills), so if you're sticking graveyards in the middle of your residential areas then you'll have health problems.
I don't think landfills make pollution, they just depress land value.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 13, 2015, 09:53:43 am »

If you have to open your case...and especially if you are hitting 95 degrees then yes you need to clean that really bad. A PC CPU/GPU should never really go above about 80 or 85 degrees at most. At 95 degrees you are shortening the life of your computer drastically

eww, thanks.

I haven't had this problem. How does it make it difficult?

not quite difficult, but sometimes old houses take a while to disappear, sometimes they won't disappear ( generally because I missed a tile). so I resort to bulldozing. But since I didn't build with that in mind, I need to zoom in and check if I am bulldozing an house or the only hospital in the area.
A patience/city design problem, mostly. I am still playing like I play sim city 4. I suppose in a few days cities will look much different.

Landfills pollute the ground, they don't just lower value.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51