Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Cabal! OOC and Recruitment.  (Read 6115 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cabal! OOC and Recruitment.
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 09:06:24 pm »

I'm not surprised to realize that most of the characters will be mages of some sort.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 09:08:20 pm »

I was going to go non magic but then once you can control souls I'd be kinda redundant.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 09:09:08 pm »

Also i'm starting to wonder why I bothered putting anything other than Legendary goals.
I could see the appeal. You don't have to be out conquering the world to do really neat things in your lab.

That said, like most people I measure my worth as a person by how frequently someone asks me "What have you done? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" and that tends to be easier when the entire city is alight with whispering violet fire.

Well, I edited my post to say that I will focs on necromancy. But mainly soul manipulation. Because there is nothing than can beat that in evilness.
I'll recruit personnel, organize them to do jobs, carry out negotiations and generally work to further whatever goal's the rest of you come up with. Manipulating minds will be useful though and I can work it in as an innate gift he's unaware of to explain why he's talented in persuasion and manipulation and he can develop it properly at some later stage.
I'm going to Be A Noble (tm). Expect scheming, plotting, maneuvering, providing poisonous counsel, and training some renegade hero on us over some worthless grudge against people I'm not even willing to acknowledge as such.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 09:13:55 pm »

Well, consider me as the recruiter of expendable ethereal fodder. I don't know if ghosts would qualify as fodder, though.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 09:18:07 pm »

Heh that's fine. I'll pick up people for more permanent roles, people we need to be fully functional and non zombie like.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 09:20:37 pm »

Oh don't worry. I have every faith in you people to crank up the Atrocity Meter almost every act.
Note. Act could mean action, or Act could mean every major chunk of the story.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 09:29:00 pm »

Hey now not all of us are psychopaths. I'm just an ordinary magical mind fucking enhanced asshole.
Caine's law.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 06:02:14 am »

Terenos, can Helfd make a return as a Mimir Character? Or for that matter would it be possible to play an already undead Skull/Gravehaunt/Particular intelligent skeleton?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 07:27:33 am »

Time frame
4 Rise
1 Apex
Fall

Goals of the Cabal
Modest
Grand
5 Legendary

Location of the players
3 The Capital
1 The Interior
1 The Outskirts
1The Wild Borderlands

Headquarters
1Defensible Position
3 Unknown Location
1 Multiple Exits
3 Room for Expansion
2 A Certain History (Do detail this!)
Untapped Resources
1 Special Fauna
Is this correct

Sorlig Bloodshadow( Likes being called Sorlig the Dark King)
Race: Wood Elf
Appearenhce: Sorlig is far taller than most men. His frame is thin but muscular, and his hair is like molten silver. His eyes, though, are like black, souless pits where many things reside in the depths. His face is sharp and angular, and a long scar arches from the corner of each eye to his mouth.
Bachstory: Sorlig was born to an ancient and mighty elvish tribe. His parents were both mages, and he inherited their power. He was taken to the elders, as was the custom, and declared Arugai for his eyes. He was outcast, into the wilds, and left to die. Anothere exile, this one for dark magic, found him and raised him.This exile taught him hunting, magic, and many other skills. In time, this man was killed by a group of human knights and Sorlig fled to the Cabal. On the way, dwarves attacked when he sheltered in one of their mines, giving him his scars when they tried to put his eyes out. As a result, he vowed vengance on all races.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:57:34 am by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 11:44:16 am »

Time frame
5 Rise
1 Apex
Fall

Goals of the Cabal
Modest
Grand
6 Legendary

Location of the players
3 The Capital
1 The Interior
1 The Outskirts
2The Wild Borderlands

Headquarters
1Defensible Position
4 Unknown Location
1 Multiple Exits
4 Room for Expansion
2 A Certain History (Do detail this!)
Untapped Resources
1 Special Fauna
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 11:51:08 am »

Name:Ron Bones
Race:Abyss Giant
Appearance: Under his armor, he is 9 feet tall, and very muscled, with ritual scarring glowing umbral from his albino skin. He has red serpent eyes, scales mostly on his arms along other parts, and small horns budding along his bald head. He is completely covered in armor, which is white plate with glowing umbral detailing. It has red spikes along the shoulders, helmet, elbows, knees, hands, and feet. He wears a cloth coat-of arms over it, which covers the chestplate, has coat tails which go to the ground, along with a cape, and a hood which goes over his helmet, it is umbral with white detailing, with a red outline. He carries a battle ax, which is made of white steel, and is barbed with umbral along the cutting edge. it has symbols etched in red along the sides.
Background: He is unknown, other than one day emerging from a portal, and wreaking havoc amongst all he faces. He wields a twisted ax in one hand, destruction in the other, and vicious devils under his feet.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:28:19 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 12:13:34 pm »

I am the OVERLORD
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:29:00 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 12:38:00 pm »

Taking lessons learned from Dark Magi, You Are King, Inquisition, and a few other sources I present to you, The Cabal. A fairly open-ended game about being the Bad Guys, seizing control, and in the end well...We'll see what happens eh?

Hee hee.

Rise of the Cabal

Legendary Goals

The Capital

HQ: Unknown Location, Defensible Position

Name: Dame Esmerelda Aldershot (nee Bedham)

Race: Human, female, elderly.

Background: Long, long ago, Esmerelda Bedham was a captain in the King's army, a soldier who developed a reputation for her daring raids, brutal tactics and insatiable bloodlust.  She was a brilliant tactician and fighter, and a complete sociopath who cared more for the kill than the preservation of her men.  While responsible for many victories, she was on the verge of a court martial when the war ended, so she was given several medals, a mandatory honourable discharge and married off by her father (Lord Bedham) to a fairly docile gentleman by the name of Lord Aldershot.  Esmerelda's viciousness was safely channelled into petty victories against the social elite, who because of her rank could not entirely exclude her.

Forty years on, the widow Dame Aldershot is supposed by many to be slowly declining into a comfortable senility.  She spends her time at various social gatherings, mumping free tea and scones and subtly mocking young debutantes who can't bring themselves to get rid of her, living off the income from her late husband's estates.  She is generally considered to be slightly irritating, but this is put down to her age and forgiven.  Besides, there is a certain social honour in surviving a dinner with Dame Aldershot unscathed, just as there is a certain martial honour in wrestling a wild boar to the ground with your bare hands.

She is also bored.  She is so bored that instead of taking up knitting like any other elderly woman, she decided to sponsor an evil cult because it seemed like it would be fun.  Dame Aldershot's contributions to the cabal come in her social connections, the provision of a secret hideout they can use for their ill intents, and a refreshing lack of morals, compunctions or empathy for the suffering of other human beings.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 01:48:09 pm »

Lessee.

Rise of the Cabal

Legendary Goals

The Capital

Unknown Location, Room for Expansion

Name: Amon Morian, Lord of the Black Trident

Race: Ocean Elf

Description: Tall and lithe even by Elvish standards, Amon peers down at his inferiors - which include all of the lesser races as well as the landbound Elves - with eyes of radiant green. Cheekbones sharp enough to cut with frame a narrow face of crooked, aquiline features and a thin mouth. When Amon smiles, it brings to mind a knife's edge. Uneven black hair, adorned with golden rings, cascades down to his shoulders, the seemingly haphazard cut appearing more like that of a barbarian than an Elf - though it is only common among his people. Stuck on land as he is, Amon has forsaken the loose clothes of shipboard life for fine, well-cut clothing fit for any noble, often red or black embroidered with gold. He still retains the long, curved sidarn dagger of his people, worn openly in a scabbard of gold and jewels.

Background:

Amon is a High Kin of the Great Expanse, an Ocean Elf, the fierce, undisputed masters of ships. Though uninterested in the affairs of humans, and caring little more for their land-bound kin, the Ocean Elves of Amon's bloodline see regular business with humans of Verania. Few others can craft such vessels as they, capable of crossing any length of sea and with speed beyond even the hope of men. Amon is the scion of the Black Trident, a House and fleet of the Ocean Elves who sometimes roam the coastal waters of Madrigan's Reach, a region to the north of Verania. Sometimes, rarely, they can be convinced to transport or trade; usually, they raid, burning coastal towns and ships, enslaving those they capture. In the north, any sign of black sails on the horizon is rightfully feared.

Verania has the power to repel them, though in the borderlands it rarely exercises that power. More than that, they are interested in using the Elves ships for trade and alliance, though the Elves themselves care nothing for such things of men. Yet they have sent out their noble sons as diplomats. This would seem strange, but it is a role of no significance; a distraction, for the Trident has no interest in a binding agreement with Verania. Their diplomat may talk, promising little and delaying any decision, while the Trident does as it pleases.

Amon is the latest of these honored diplomats - at least, that is his surface role. In reality, he has come to dedicate himself to the Cabal. There was no need for them to approach him; he is rotten to the core, sworn to darkness before he grew into adulthood. So far, petty cruelties and atrocities against the humans of Madrigan's coast have satisfied him, but the youth has higher ambitions. In Verania, he sees an opportunity and a realm to carve out for himself, whether with others or commanding them. Should any of the fine lords and ladies of the Capital see inside the Elf's mind, they would find plans to turn their blessed kingdom into a nightmare realm on earth - a playground for Amon and his kind. He excels in manipulation, seduction and torment of the court, using his Elvish 'beauty' and grace to blind the eyes of the weak-willed to his real intentions. Torture is Amon's real love, mental or physical and usually both, using his blade to real effect. Of course, it is tricky to hide such acts in the Capital, but perhaps the Cabal will offer him a chance to use his talents more often, now...

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 02:15:05 pm »

The Time: Rise of the Cabal

The Needs: Modest Goals ("some food, some warmth, maybe a house or something... that's all I'm askin' for!")

The Place: The Capital

The Headquarters: Untapped Resources, Special Fauna, oh my... wait, you mean the sewers, don't you?

And the good fellow to champion this cause would be none other than Tom "Farmer Tom" Farmer, a minor baron among the city's immense unionized hierarchy of beggars, languishing under the rule of the insidious schemer Marquis de Merde and the one who is the Marquis' liege lord in turn, Screaming Bob of the Back Alley, the Grand Duke of Beggary, vassal to the king himself, as he purports in his screaming rants followed by extreme violence toward doubting souls. Farmer Tom used to be a farmer before breaking his poor left leg in seventeen places, at which point they sawed his leg off and called it a day. His wife left him right afterward, and his farm got repossessed by his lord, and so he moved to the Capital, hoping to find his fortune there. You may freely guess how that turned out, judging from his current state, such as the fact he's missing both of his pinky fingers. Right now he just wants to turn his abominable luck around, and the Cabal seems to offer the chance to do just that, vile witchcraft or no! Way he sees it, witchcraft's probably responsible for his current station, so witchcraft will obviously be the thing to get him out!

People probably don't pick things other than legendary goals mostly because, well, they're dead set on playing awful people. And you're not truly an awful person without an incredibly silly goal to go for.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:23:57 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6