Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Cabal! OOC and Recruitment.  (Read 6103 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cabal! OOC and Recruitment.
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 07:24:26 pm »

The Time: Rise of the Cabal

The Needs: Legendary Goals (Assuming that this is group-wide, rather than individual)

The Place: The Interior

The Headquarters: Untapped Resources, Room for Expansion.

Who am I:
- My Name: Milos Daljulan

- My Appearance: The most prominent feature one can readily see upon my form would be my pale green scales, far tougher than the skin of mammals yet still soft enough that armour is beneficial. Then there's the eyes, the colour of them akin to that of a lapis lazuli polished as if to sheen like a light was pointed at them. Physique-wise, I'm mostly what's expected when you think of a warrior; plenty of muscle, all evenly places across my body.

- My Story: As for how I came to be within the cabal, a rather long story I shall cut down to the sake of brevity. In my youth, I wasn't much different from any of my kin. We wallowed in the swamps, mucking about in the marshlands and in general one with them. And as blissful as such times are, there soon comes a time when one has their eyes opened to the truth, no matter how painful it is. After one eventful trip out of the bogs, and stumbling what I later found out was a human farming village. I spent a few hours examining it before I returned, telling the tribe at large about it.

The resultant argument left me cast out, on my own initiative mind you, and cut off from the "tribe". The shamans were too traditional and the tribesmen too stupid, thus, I left. It was a little disorientating, but it is an experience I am glad to have had as it was enlightening. No longer was I bound to the petty whims of some 'gods', nor was I further confined to the foetid swamps that we had stagnated in. The shock of having to deal with money for the first time in my life was confusing at first, and had me embroiled in violence. But the two came together pretty well, and I found that through violence, once could make a decent living and self-improve at the same time.

Thus for the better part of my adult life, I have been a sellsword plying my services throughout the realms in exchange for wealth, board and wanderlust. A rather simple, subsistent existence if anything. When the Cabal recruited me, it was merely for somewhat intelligent muscle that could leader the 'dumb' muscle, mages being as obsessive and unhealthy as they are, seemingly baulking at the thought on actually working the other half of their existence. It took time, but I managed to learn a few tricks of my own here and there, some from them, some from elsewhere, in regards to the black arts.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 08:13:32 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 01:14:01 am »

Just so everyone knows. I'm working on a thing. Spoiler: Its a treatise for smuggling marmalade. Iituem knows what I'm talkin bout.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 02:37:51 am »

Is this an intentional joke?

That depends on what you believe the joke is.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 05:41:28 am »

Just so everyone knows. I'm working on a thing. Spoiler: Its a treatise for smuggling marmalade. Iituem knows what I'm talkin bout.

Given prior events, it will probably end up dissolving two kingdoms and starting a major war, all under the original mandate of negotiating a trade treaty.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 05:43:00 am »

Is this an intentional joke?

That depends on what you believe the joke is.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 06:24:54 am »

Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2014, 03:47:39 pm »

First turn is about to go up.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 03:54:39 pm »

Awesome.  I shall play vicariously from the sidelines by egging the various cabalists on.  :D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 04:12:37 pm »

Can we get some more information on necromancy? Mostly I want to know what sorts of things I know how to cast right now and how hard they are to cast.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 04:20:27 pm »

Incidentally as a note, you can find me lurking on IRC quite often. Adams.freenode.net, channel #Yak4

The school of necromancy governs life, its ebb and flow. You can use it to give a twisted mockery of life to the dead, or possibly save others from death/revive them in time.

Basic spells, raising the dead as zombies or skeletons would be within your capabilities. You may also be able to sap life from others to heal yourself.

Notes on the Familiarity system. As you grow in power, you'll gain familiarity with different spheres of magic. This will allow you to undertake greater magics. Also this will govern your ability with rituals. For example, a ritual designed to raise zombies (many zombies at a time), would likely take at least Familiarity with necromancy, and possibly more. It would be a reliable way of raising zombies.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2014, 04:28:22 pm »

Is there a wait list?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2014, 04:37:02 pm »

There is. However stuff like yours Salsa may be difficult to work into the story, as this is the Rise the Cabal is not really summoning strange beasts yet. And may never. We'll see.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 05:15:09 pm »

I'd like to reiterate Nirur's question, though for elemental magic instead.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 05:56:33 pm »

The school of Elemental magic is the use of the elements for various purposes. Fire, Air, Earth and Water (though mostly in the form of ice.). Fireballs, cone of cold, levitation and farsight, so forth. Elemental magic is often used for combat purposes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6