Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quick noob questions  (Read 1101 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Quick noob questions
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 05:13:55 pm »

Try a new world when I am trying to make something work, I will go through a dozen worlds sometimes before I get it to work, just to short history pocket stuff for testing :).
Did just that, no results. I could try adding it to the entity, but knapping isn't entity-locked and I tried to copy it as much as possible.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 06:33:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now a word of warning, if you ask an idiot a question you are liable to get a useless answer :)).

That out of the way, I don't think you need product dimension, and I would make sure your text file is named appropriately to your header there.

I personally had trouble with reagents with spaces in the names, I don't know if that was ultimately what was wrong with my reactions as I messed quite a few things up each time :P.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 10:20:43 pm »

I removed the product dimension. Does anyone have an idea about why this isn't working?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:16:54 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 02:07:57 am »

QUestion 2: How do I make a reaction produce logs?
GM of Trespassers V2.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 02:53:42 am »

QUestion 2: How do I make a reaction produce logs?

The item token in the product is WOOD:NONE
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Item_token

So, something like this should work
[PRODUCT:100:1:WOOD:NONE:PLANT_MAT:FUNGIWOOD:WOOD]

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 03:36:54 am »

Awesome. Elf Mode v0.01.00 should be right around the corner.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 01:17:09 am »

Can one increase the popcap for rocs? Or would I have to define them as non-megabeasts? For that matter, will a non-civilized non-megabeast attack on a trigger?
GM of Trespassers V2.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 08:48:20 am »

WAIT! You don't need to do all of this reaction and making a new material stuff to make an adventure interaction to give someone a syndrome!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was going for something completeley different from just adding in a syndrome to the user, but thats what I got. You could even take all manual input out to streamline it. Just stick it into an interaction file, add in a [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MAGIC_USE] token token token, to the elves, and test it in arena if you feel.
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something
Pages: 1 [2]