Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Conquest: Westeros  (Read 12611 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest: Westeros
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2014, 05:39:04 am »

[newly  raised units] cannot spawn in border territories.
What does that mean in relation to vassals?

move 1 unit from 300 to 285
move 3 units from 289 to 286
Raise 2 units in 300

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2014, 05:40:39 am »

Do I find out if the nods agreed or not this turn? It's still basically a negotiation.

Next turn.

Also, I'd like to add to the NPC Logic topic, that although they are influenced by logic and numbers, I will personally assess any "Different/Creative" diplomatic resolutions you may offer, based on their situation and individual desires/plans.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2014, 05:46:17 am »

Thanks.

Send spies to 91 and 54
Move all armies from 94 and 92 to 99. Ask them to be my vassals. Attack if they refuse.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:04:24 am by Noel.se »

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2014, 05:53:26 am »

Ask them to be my vassals. Attack if they refuse.

FYI: These sort of actions combined are processed as diplomatic threats before unit movement.

Edit; Also, you need to designate the unit split.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2014, 06:04:10 am »

Ask them to be my vassals. Attack if they refuse.

FYI: These sort of actions combined are processed as diplomatic threats before unit movement.

Edit; Also, you need to designate the unit split.

Ah, okay

If possible, i revoke my earlier orders and:
Send a spy to 99 only
Ask 91 and 54 f they want to become my vassals.

After that, my turn is done.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:55:53 am by Noel.se »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2014, 06:07:05 am »

My turns done with that request, I can't do anything with the money.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2014, 06:49:20 am »

So... can you raise troops in territories that only border vassal nations?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2014, 06:59:09 am »

So... can you raise troops in territories that only border vassal nations?

Good question. Sorry, I must have missed it. You can raise them bordering vassals, but not allies, neutral, enemy, war, NAP, MDP, etc...
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2014, 08:07:45 am »

By "Felwood", I meant the brown NPC in control of 64 and 70, not the new Bronzegate-Haystack NPC that was TarthPlus territory last turn. But I'll take the casus belli, anyway. :P
Can the declaration of war be retroactively extended to Bronzegate-Haystack?

Is diplomacy with non-neighbors not allowed? I tried to vassalize Massey's Hook, too.

And was this not accurate? (Well, it'd be 6 gold/turn, now.)
My income and expenditures according to the spreadsheet are incorrect, I think. Base 2 gold + 3 Territories + 5 economy levels = 18 Gold/turn, and -7 Gold/turn for defense levels + -3 Gold/turn for my units = -10 Gold/turn. So I should be getting 8 Gold/turn, not 3?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2014, 08:23:52 am »

it's (2 for being awesome)+2*(economy levels)+/- (tribute).

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2014, 08:32:14 am »

By "Felwood", I meant the brown NPC in control of 64 and 70, not the new Bronzegate-Haystack NPC that was TarthPlus territory last turn. But I'll take the casus belli, anyway. :P
Can the declaration of war be retroactively extended to Bronzegate-Haystack?

Is diplomacy with non-neighbors not allowed? I tried to vassalize Massey's Hook, too.

And was this not accurate? (Well, it'd be 6 gold/turn, now.)
My income and expenditures according to the spreadsheet are incorrect, I think. Base 2 gold + 3 Territories + 5 economy levels = 18 Gold/turn, and -7 Gold/turn for defense levels + -3 Gold/turn for my units = -10 Gold/turn. So I should be getting 8 Gold/turn, not 3?

This is why I need you to give territory numbers, not names. :P

Income is two per player, not per territory, plus two per economy and 0.5 per vassal territory + 0.5 per vassal economy points.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2014, 08:47:03 am »

BTW, defense is hugely expensive. And, except for border provinces, not worth it.
I would like to suggest we amend it to the following:
"territory has current_defense and max_defense,
upgrading a territory at max_defnse by 1 point costs the price listed in the first post (and raises both max_defense and current).
upgrading a territory below max_defense by 1 point costs the same amount of gold as the new current_defense.
(you can upgrade multiple times)
at the end of the turn you may choose to pay any amount of upkeep at or below the current_defense, and that becomes the final current_defense for the turn."
example:
Brandon the Builder has a 2/4 fort on territory 1 and a 3/4 fort on territory 2.
He expects to be attacked on territory 1, so he decides to upgrade it 3 times for (3+4+60)=67 gold. He also decides that 2 is safe and decreases it's defense to 1. He pays a total of (5+1)=6 upkeep on his defenses and ends his turn with a 5/5 fort on territory 1 and a 1/4 fort on territory 2

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2014, 08:51:23 am »

I dont think the problem is the cost. It that some of us have like one income per turn ......
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2014, 08:54:36 am »

Salsa is the only one with income below 10, and he more or less brought that on himself by specifically choosing a 2-territory state. The problem, trust me, is the upkeep (troops, ships and defenses).

edit: if we do the defense overhaul, I'd like to propose another special place: Harrenhal (111). There's a massive castle there, but it's been in ruins for generations. So all costs to raise max_defense are halved. On the other hand, it shouldn't be 5 defense right off the bat- the place is described in the books as being totally decrepit and barely lived in.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:06:39 am by a1s »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2014, 09:20:17 am »

I dunno I kinda like it expensive, it rewards people for making trade deals and working on economy and hurts warmongers who focus to much on armies and fleets.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13