Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5e] Mysteries of Chyron - IC: In the jungle, the mighty jungle...  (Read 35494 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5e] Mysteries of Chyron - IC
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 10:52:52 am »

((*Shrug* Since the PCs are uninterested and the NPCs apparently have no feedback...))
Take 10 on Perform (Act) (+6 modifier), with whatever a +1 Sleight of Hand modifier and a +5 Handle Animal modifier with a raven, a lizard and a weasel (up his sleeve) can add to that.
The crowd cheers from his act, throwing silver pieces at him. He earns 10 SP, the crowd clapping. Children are laughing and others are smiling.

Anderson heads north and sneaks towards the goblin camp, making sure to keep himself hidden. He wants to know how many there are and how well they are equipped.
Anderson moves silently through the bushes. He peeks once as he notices a small encampment a hundred feet away. There are three tents and three goblins are sitting around a fire, roasting what appears to be a deer. They have morningstars laid on the ground beside them.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 11:04:51 am »

((*Shrug* Since the PCs are uninterested and the NPCs apparently have no feedback...))
Take 10 on Perform (Act) (+6 modifier), with whatever a +1 Sleight of Hand modifier and a +5 Handle Animal modifier with a raven, a lizard and a weasel (up his sleeve) can add to that.
The crowd cheers from his act, throwing silver pieces at him. He earns 10 SP, the crowd clapping. Children are laughing and others are smiling.
Jadel was unimpressed by the show. Throw beer mug at Merathul.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 11:07:12 am »

Anderson calls out in goblin:
"I'm a friend, okay? Don't attack me."

He then emerges from his hiding place and moves forwards, stopping when the distance between them gets to be around 50 feet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 11:12:03 am »

[9] VS [AC 14]
The beer mug narrowly misses Merathul.

((You can do your own attack rolls + damage. Just use that one site where you can track a roll.))

Anderson calls out in goblin:
"I'm a friend, okay? Don't attack me."

He then emerges from his hiding place and moves forwards, stopping when the distance between them gets to be around 50 feet.
A goblin stands up and looks at Anderson. He gestures to his companions and they stand up beside him.
 "I'll handle this," the goblin says to his two friends. They both nod and the one goblin steps forward to Anderson.

"What do you want?" he asks with his morningstar in hand.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 11:14:19 am »

"Thank you, thank you. It fills me with joy that I have the opportunity to bring you all such merriment."
Making a last bow, Merathul collects his stuff and -
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[9] VS [AC 1410]
The beer mug narrowly misses Merathul.
-narrowly avoids a beer mug that flies through the space where his head was.
((Not armoured for the performance))
No stranger to having things thrown at him by drunken audiences, Merathul drops down off the stage, taking cover behind a table.
"Oh, joy, a drunken lout. What a surprise."
"Bouncer please!"
Edit: Seeing that the drunken fool does not follow up with more violence, pass on this.

Oh, joy, ninjas. Editing.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:25:43 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 11:16:51 am »

Still in goblin, of course:
"I think it's time you moved on. The people in that village are growing weary of being attacked, and have placed a bounty on your heads. When the local yokels get themselves killed, they will send soldiers or professional mercenaries. Now would be an excellent time to pack up and go to some other village. I'll even give you 50 gold to do it."

Ta_veren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 11:21:07 am »

Glad in her decision to not express interest in the goblin campaign, Faile catches a new conversation and pays attention to the performer who is now talking to the bartender. If he was interested in making some money he might be more keen in accepting some help than the man in a trench coat was.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2014, 11:23:38 am »

"Thank you, thank you. It fills me with joy that I have the opportunity to bring you all such merriment."
Making a last bow, Merathul collects his stuff and narrowly avoids a beer mug that flies through the space where his head was.
((Not armoured for the performance))
No stranger to having things thrown at him by drunken audiences, Merathul drops down off the stage, taking cover behind a table.
"Oh, joy, a drunken lout. What a surprise."

Jadel stumbled over and claps Merathul on the shoulder. "He! Now that was a show! Why 'ont you do more acrobatics mate?"
My Area

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2014, 11:24:25 am »

Making a last bow, Merathul collects his stuff and moves over to the job board, scanning it for anything of interest.

Help wanted with goblins - see Rurda in the Waystone Inn

Help wanted with giant bees - see Orfold in 1421 Juniper St.

Help wanted with Kobold camp in northern forest - See Cpt. Turnai.
"Kobolds, eh, interesting... And giant bees, those sound quite promising indeed! Goblins in the area, though, that could be problematic..."
He heads over to the bartender.
"Good sir, if I might trouble you for a moment, I note that the job board lists several issues in need of solving in the local area; could you be so kind as to shed some light as to the state of security in the nearby area?"

The bartender nonchalantly looks up to him. He's a human of average height, brown eyes and short blonde hair. He sets a dirty mug down.
 "Security in Rhudas has always been terrible - the dominion doesn't send enough damn troops here, so we have so much to deal with on our own."

A woman sitting beside Merathul sets her mug of ale down. She appears to be human as well, dressed in common clothing. Her eyes are aquamarine and her hair is long and dressed in a ponytai.
 "That's why Rhudas is called 'The City of Adventure'. We need other people to do our work for us. People came and set up shops for adventurers passing through, so it attracts much business as well."

Still in goblin, of course:
"I think it's time you moved on. The people in that village are growing weary of being attacked, and have placed a bounty on your heads. When the local yokels get themselves killed, they will send soldiers or professional mercenaries. Now would be an excellent time to pack up and go to some other village. I'll even give you 50 gold to do it."
[3]
The goblin frowns.
 "No. This is where we live and this is where we hunt - we won't go!" the goblin yells. The other two raise their weapons and yell out.

Glad in her decision to not express interest in the goblin campaign, Faile catches a new conversation and pays attention to the performer who is now talking to the bartender. If he was interested in making some money he might be more keen in accepting some help than the man in a trench coat was.
A dwarven man with a fluffy black beard glances over at Faile.
 "Eh, we don't get many avians round' here... usually they're goin' on them crusades, in the Skywrath order..." he says to a dwarf woman beside him.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2014, 11:30:29 am »

"Then you choose to die here. I will not attempt to help you again."

He shakes his head, then turns around and heads back to the village.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2014, 11:47:56 am »

Jadel stumbled over and claps Merathul on the shoulder. "He! Now that was a show! Why 'ont you do more acrobatics mate?"

"Anyone can be an acrobat," Izalith says following Jadel. He seemed like an easy enough mark. "So really where's the fun in that? No stage magician is more fun, more so if you can't jump or run. Though I must say I was impressed, were those the tricks that you do best?"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2014, 11:58:11 am »

Ronnoc heads the general direction of the goblins too, slightly drunk.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2014, 12:43:13 pm »

Merathul gives Jadel a tight smile, irritation supressed beneath a practiced facade of pleasantness, as Mischief skitters sideways on his shoulder, hissing at the dwarf.
"Too much time sitting down, and I'm not as young as I used to be. Rolling around is murder on my knees. Best leave the tumbling to those who can do it."

"Anyone can be an acrobat," Izalith says following Jadel. He seemed like an easy enough mark. "So really where's the fun in that? No stage magician is more fun, more so if you can't jump or run. Though I must say I was impressed, were those the tricks that you do best?"
Eying Izalith warily, though keeping the practised smile in place, Merathul responds.
"That rather depends on what you consider best. I have interests in many fields; most of them are less entertaining, though useful."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2014, 12:47:55 pm »

Merathul gives Jadel a tight smile, irritation supressed beneath a practiced facade of pleasantness, as Mischief skitters sideways on his shoulder, hissing at the dwarf.
"Too much time sitting down, and I'm not as young as I used to be. Rolling around is murder on my knees. Best leave the tumbling to those who can do it."

Eying Izalith warily, though keeping the practised smile in place, Merathul responds.
"That rather depends on what you consider best. I have interests in many fields; most of them are less entertaining, though useful."
"Practical eh? Whaddya mean by that?"
My Area

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2014, 01:07:07 pm »

((Turn comes when I get on my comp, since I have to load the battlemap.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35