Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5: The Order of the Silver Wolf OOC--Great Revival  (Read 28849 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5: The Order of the Silver Wolf
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2014, 12:39:31 am »

I just didn't want to have to look up some esoteric sourcebook every time I forget what some feat or spell does. :(
We also have a 3.5 noob on the premises.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2014, 12:41:00 am »

I know, I just don't understand it. D&D Tools has everything, also for free.

Isn't that illegal or something?

Edit: So... will my name be added to the list up yonder or... Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse about this I'm just wondering if my character still isn't up to snuff.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2014, 12:44:12 am »

I think that WotC stopped making 3.5 books a while back. The site is big enough that they'd be arrested by now if they were going to be.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2014, 12:45:12 am »

Eh, works for me.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2014, 12:46:44 am »

As far as I can tell, nope. It hasn't been taken down, at least. The only thing there is this:
Disclaimer

If you, by any chance, wonder on a page from a rulebook you do not OWN (the source material is always referred both in url and in page contents), please, leave that page, buy the book and then return.
And let's be honest, who actually follows this.
You do, don't you.
Just my luck.

Edit: I'm not really sure if my question has been answered.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2014, 12:49:29 am »

Nerjin, I'll add your name to the list tomorrow.

What question, Immaterial?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2014, 12:53:09 am »

Oh.

The "SRD only" was in reference to Flying Dice's statement. The thing at the top of Page 4 is in response to your statement.

There's also the DnDTools disclaimer, considering the fact that I have no 3.5 splatbooks.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2014, 12:54:57 am »

Shrug. I'll be back with a character.
I wonder if a psiwarogue would be possible?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2014, 12:58:13 am »

It's all SRD materials. AKA the stuff you can disseminate for free.

Quote from: Tawarochir
SRD only
SRD only
SRD only
SRD only
SRD only
I meant that.

Was that in reference to me? Because if you're going to disallow the Complete series, I might honestly just not play. They're practically required if you're going to do literally anything interesting, especially in terms of feats. They're about as far from obscure as you can get without being the PHB or DMG, and everything in them is about two seconds away thanks to d20SRD and the wonders of google. You don't even have to look them up; just ask and we can post links. :|

I can drop the Silverbrow, of course, but that's Dragon Magic, which is, like RoTD... pretty much also required if you're going to do literally anything involving dragons in the campaign. But since you probably won't allow multiclassing into Chameleon, it doesn't matter much and since the campaign hasn't started I can lose it and tune up my mental backstory.

At any rate, completed sheet. Human warlock, not even trying to do stuff with glaivelock/clawlock shenanigans. Take it or leave it, because I'm really not interested in the sort of snorefest that'll come of a campaign with nothing but nerfed Druids/Clerics/Sorcs and core-only Rogues/Fighters/Barbs. It'd take god-tier face-to-face roleplay to save the combat from that, TBH.

e: Here's literally everything I used that isn't in PHB/DMG:

Warlock
Silverbrow Human
Fey Heritage
Fey Power
Fey Skin

I mean, I understand not wanting to throw in stuff from Faerun or Stormwrack/Lords of Madness/whatever, but when there's stuff that's incredibly basic, provides massive quality of life improvements, and is available free and legally, I don't see why...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2014, 01:00:56 am »

I just didn't want to have to look up some esoteric sourcebook every time I forget what some feat or spell does. :(
I'm sorry, but this is sort of a flimsy excuse...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2014, 01:20:54 am »

I'm sorry, but this is sort of a flimsy excuse...
Technically speaking, I'm also a 3.5 noob. I've never played a full campaign. Hell, the farthest I've gotten in a 3.5 campaign is whichever of the currently running ones here (among those I'm a player in) is the farthest along, so probably around the second encounter. It's an incredibly flimsy excuse; you don't learn about the system by screwing your eyes shut and sticking your fingers in your ears whenever someone mentions splatbooks, you dive head-first into the really arcane (in the non-magical sense) stuff and asking all the questions you can. I pretty much self-taught myself by ramming my face into PDFs, the SRD, and more experienced players until stuff stuck. It's often unintuitive, but that's where the magic of the internet comes in; I literally have a folder full of hundreds of 3.5-related bookmarks that I reference all the time when in game threads. :P

It's not the experience you have, it's the willingness to research, learn, and explore -- I can't speak for anyone else, but learning how things work is at least as much fun as playing the game. But maybe I'm a bit off from normal in the research side, considering the direction I'm taking with my academic work is pretty much pure research.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2014, 02:03:32 am »

That's pretty much my story too. When I played my first game on here, I had almost no idea what was going on. If I didn't know what I was doing, I googled it. And I found stuff ten times as cool as anything the PHB, the MM, the DMG, or anything in the SRD.
As a DM: I've had to. Many people on the forums know all the different systems, and I've been reduced to pulling out Pathfinder and really obscure content as challenges to create a sense of mystery in my games.

But as a player: The feat selection on the SRD is TERRIBLE. Core has nothing interesting for anyone, except the most bland fighters and barbarians. And that's not interesting.

Since LA +0 races are cool:
Spoiler: Changeling (click to show/hide)
I'm also considering taking the following Alternate Class Feature to be a social rogue:
Spoiler: Social Intuition (Ex) (click to show/hide)

Here's what I have so far.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:05:18 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2014, 03:08:44 am »

Next is class-fixing.
-Tier 1 classes are banned unless otherwise noted. Meaning no wizards. Also meaning that the only wizards are basically old guys locked up in towers who can't be bothered to come out into the world and are only good if you need a 9th level spell cast or something.
-Tier 2 classes are only available under the condition that you sacrifice a single point modifier in a skill of your choice. So sorcerers and psions are weaker in one skill of their choice, likely Strength.
-Clerics are OK, but we are using the Spontaneous Divine Casters variant from Unearthed Arcana for them and the Bard's spells per day table.
-Druids are cool if you use the Bard's spells per day table. They don't have to use the Spontaneous Casters rule.
Quote from: Tawarochir
SRD only
SRD only
SRD only
SRD only
SRD only
I meant that.
This whole campaign... Hahahaha... Oh wow, this is too hilarious to be true.

Ok, Taw, I'll bite. Making a character, if there are any spaces left.

OGL.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:12:04 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2014, 10:57:43 am »

Ok, Taw, I'll bite. Making a character, if there are any spaces left.
Sorry, we're out. I got you waitlisted.

As for the discussion on the page about non-SRD stuff, I guess that if you insist I'll allow the Complete books for classes and feats. ONLY classes and feats.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16