Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

More features... poll will be open till end of August.

Kobold Arena-like summonings of hostile creature to defeat for rewards.
Alchemy makes potions that give permanent boosts to the hermit.
A vampirism transformation that forces you to kill regularily, or die.
A werebeast transformation that is triggered in combat, like Kobold Druids.
AoE explosive/poisonous trap-components and catapult ammo.
Spawn/Summon pets like squirrels, niths, mountain gnomes, pixies.
A custom "cooked-meal" system, which has you prepare real meals. No more "eat one seed, not hungry anymore"
Massive AoE spell like fire-rain or evil-clouds as a way to ged rid of too large sieges.
Metal transmutation, alchemy based.
Hardcore mode, without all the boni like nopain, custom bone template, free skills, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode  (Read 76187 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode - TEST VERSION ONLINE!
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2014, 10:43:47 am »

Slag and Archeology. Got it.

exploratory mining and no metals, I did a dfhack reveal.
You tried the excavation site before resorting to cheats? :P
"nothing unusual in this area" or something similar.

For archaeology, a cool lategame thing would be if you could construct certain buildings whose reagents could only be found through restoring relics and fossils and whatnot. Like an ancient shrine or something.

EDIT: Another cool hermit pasttimy thing would be if there was some sort of fishing goal, though I don't know how possible that is. Just seems hermity.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:46:27 am by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2014, 10:47:49 am »

You build lots of them... in your mining shafts.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2014, 10:50:20 am »

You build lots of them... in your mining shafts.

Ah! Well, I'll definitely do that in the future. Though I still would have resorted to dfhack reveal. I was burning through picks far too quickly. What's the range on one of those?

EDIT: Second migrant wave just came. More quivers being spared. One migrant was not killed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:59:04 am by Samarkand »
My Area

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2014, 11:00:22 am »

One migrant was not killed.
???

Can you please check his caste in the therapist, or upload the save?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2014, 11:03:22 am »

One migrant was not killed.
???

Can you please check his caste in the therapist, or upload the save?
Sorry, I sorta toasted him myself... However, I got the combat message saying that the migrant realized everyone was a hallucination and that it was good to get rid of the past, and bury the demons. So I guess it thought he was the original hermit? If I get it again I'll upload it and therapist and stuff, rather than killing him right away.

EDIT: Tried to release an animal into the wild. Have a cat, a dog, a puppy, and a kitten. All of them are stray. but it gave the message I couldn't find a stray animal to release. Do they need to be pastured near it?

EDIT2: Need a mortar and pestle, but can't craft them by themselves at craftsdwarf.

EDIT3: In reference to edit the first, I got a kitten to be released, but my relationship with nature dropped from 149 to 129. Why would it drop? Doesn't nature like kittens?

EDIT4: It may have dropped from plant harvesting in between. After gathering more plants I checked relationship, immediately released a dog, and checked again. Went up from 99 to 129. I'm not sure I like it if gathering plants is whats tanking my relationship with the wilds. Picking berries to eat sounds like a very nature friendly hermit thing to do.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:16:52 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2014, 12:21:29 pm »

Plants shouldnt matter. And yes, the migrant waves will annilihate each other, till one if left, as soon as he gets close to the hermit, he will be a hallucination as well.

Slag and Archeology, mortar, pestle...

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2014, 12:22:55 pm »

Plants shouldnt matter. And yes, the migrant waves will annilihate each other, till one if left, as soon as he gets close to the hermit, he will be a hallucination as well.

Slag and Archeology, mortar, pestle...
Ah, so I just needed to bring my hermit over. Looks like dfhack isn't always assigning the same value to taking care of animals. Sometimes my dog is +30, sometimes its +60. Any idea what's up?

EDIT: Also, what is "make an offering" looking for?

EDIT2: Killed off my hermit! Was too busy messing around trying to figure out what all the new features do to bother getting cage traps set up and whatnot. Three yetis came in, and he killed two but the third took him down. Trying to decide if next hermit will use the easy starting set and go straight to the caverns, or the hard one.

EDIT3: I really appreciate the 2x2 buildings. They fit into caves really easily, so I haven't even had to mine yet.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:31:34 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2014, 01:35:40 pm »

Make an offering to the wild => in theory it calls curious_beasts to your site, like monkey and badgers.

No idea about the other values, its IndigoFenix script. Just noticed that the hermit manual says "You can also send off a troublesome or superfluous gnome to live in the wild. "... fixed that. ^^

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2014, 01:39:35 pm »

Make an offering to the wild => in theory it calls curious_beasts to your site, like monkey and badgers.

No idea about the other values, its IndigoFenix script. Just noticed that the hermit manual says "You can also send off a troublesome or superfluous gnome to live in the wild. "... fixed that. ^^
Could we get non-stone ways to make mechanisms? I've got a sweet no-dig embark going. I'm in a cave and I'm making most everything from wicker.

EDIT: Have another surviving migrant. Caste is hermit. So now for my mandatory stupid question of the day: How/where do I upload my save?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:46:50 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2014, 02:25:56 pm »

You don't technically lose points for releasing baby animals, but you get double points for taking care of them, while the amount you get for releasing them is only their baseline value, so your total merit will drop.  (For adults, the opposite is true).  You aren't supposed to turn babies away into the wild before they are old enough to take care of themselves, see?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2014, 02:53:30 pm »

wood mechanisms could be done.

I am not sure why you have surviving migrants, but I changed the reactions slightly. It might have been that they turn immune to the hallucination transformation after 2500 ingame ticks, but they should be long dead by then.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2014, 03:38:40 pm »

wood mechanisms could be done.

I am not sure why you have surviving migrants, but I changed the reactions slightly. It might have been that they turn immune to the hallucination transformation after 2500 ingame ticks, but they should be long dead by then.
The one took a long while to get into my fort, and my guy was on break so I couldn't convince him to go meet the hallucination. What I'll do next time is make sure to have a meeting hall for them to come to immediately.
My Area

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2014, 03:43:46 pm »

I changed it to 12500 ticks. That should work better. As long as no new migrants arrive within the first 2,5 weeks it should be fine. I am testing right now, the first wave of migrants is gone completely, no survivors.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode - NEW! FEEDBACK NEEDED! :P
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2014, 04:44:43 pm »

no attribute cap
I thought that was fixed? 5000 max?

You can raise the cap percs and attributes can go over 2,000,000,000, AFAIK.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2014, 07:38:35 pm »

Is it just me, or can I not Render Fat into Tallow at the kitchen?

Edit: I don't believe I can make use of this Raw Mithril or Stable Warpstone, either. Unless I can do so at the Alchemy Workbench, but that requires mortars and pestles, which can't be manufactured.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:51:31 pm by moseythepirate »
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23