Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

More features... poll will be open till end of August.

Kobold Arena-like summonings of hostile creature to defeat for rewards.
Alchemy makes potions that give permanent boosts to the hermit.
A vampirism transformation that forces you to kill regularily, or die.
A werebeast transformation that is triggered in combat, like Kobold Druids.
AoE explosive/poisonous trap-components and catapult ammo.
Spawn/Summon pets like squirrels, niths, mountain gnomes, pixies.
A custom "cooked-meal" system, which has you prepare real meals. No more "eat one seed, not hungry anymore"
Massive AoE spell like fire-rain or evil-clouds as a way to ged rid of too large sieges.
Metal transmutation, alchemy based.
Hardcore mode, without all the boni like nopain, custom bone template, free skills, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode  (Read 76147 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode - NEW! FEEDBACK NEEDED! :P
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2014, 11:34:15 pm »

Will necromancer be the only route to immortality?

Hermits will not die of old age regardless of route choice. NO_AGING is a necessary tag to keep undead and other opposed-to-life creatures from being hostile to the hermit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2014, 05:51:35 am »

zach: If you learn conjuration, souls for pets is a thing.

not convinced on jock vs nerd thing, of course I can do different castes, but it would be way too much work to link industries and buildings to them.

augmenting: sure, you can train skills, attributes and spells. I thought about potions that have lasting effect as well.

blackflyme: I thought NO_AGING also stops people from dying of max age?

Samarkand: I mentioned earlier, there will be other ways. Alchemy could be one (philosophers stone), religion, or other magic. I am still undecided if I shouldnt give him no maxage in the first place.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2014, 06:45:35 am »

A thousand years old hermit, slashing orcs to pieces since year 50 ^^
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2014, 06:45:57 am »

I was thinking maybe a Tom Bombadil vibe.  Not really any clearly defined species but just some immortal guy in the woods who develops in one of many possible ways.

Oh, and how about this: no attribute cap (or an absurdly high one).  Start out normal, but if you survive long enough and train hard enough that one guy can become strong enough to fight off an army of war elephants unarmed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2014, 07:16:48 am »

no attribute cap
I thought that was fixed? 5000 max?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2014, 07:32:51 am »

I like the idea, that eventually you become an unkillable god! That seems like a good "You Win!" goal.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2014, 07:55:51 am »

So will we be able to play the hermit out of all the other races?
then again with a lil dfhacking one could just do a roaming hermit playstyle where you play a wandering hermit then switch over to fort mode if they found a good camp site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2014, 08:33:06 am »

Samarkand: I mentioned earlier, there will be other ways. Alchemy could be one (philosophers stone), religion, or other magic. I am still undecided if I shouldnt give him no maxage in the first place.
I had thought so, but I was confused by the NO_AGING tag. I'm not really raw savvy. I just want to make sure that every combination of choices has a way to become immortal, even if some are easier than others (if you make tech development a choice based system, or add other such choices).
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2014, 08:52:13 am »

Not sure if I should write too much buildings and reactions for this... I dont think that many people will play the ultra-hardcoded single-unit fortress mode. ;)

I added female sheeps, cows and chickens, for those that want them. But not their male partner, so its really only for wool, milk and eggs. That makes 6 pets, dog, cat, hawk, sheep, cow, chicken.

I finished the three magic altars.
Conjurers can summon succubus pets from raw materials and souls. Nahashes, Orthi, Devilkin and more.

Necromancers do not age and are friendly to undeads, great for evil regions. They raise any dead around them, and can build black monoliths, which also raise dead. They can turn souls into soul wisps, which act like suicide units that paralyze invaders.

Mages automatically learn a free ranged attack, the magic missile. They can learn one spell of each element. Wind Gust blinds the enemy, Icicle adds a second ranged attack, Petrify takes out one invader instantly and Incinerate kills the unit, but might destroy its equipment and/or start fires.

I added the gnomish excavation site, your hermit can "sense" the rock around him, so you know where to dig. Its a 1 tile workshop with a free reaction, and if there is something near it, it will say "there is gem X south of here" and "there is a gold vein north east of here". I thought a lone hermit miner would have to do way too much work to find stuff otherwise.

I added the imaginary friend and the interactions, but it works a bit differently now: If your hermit dies, bob tries to resurrect him, but instead the hermits spirit disappears and Bob becomes real. They have a last talk, and Bob has to bury the body of the hermit, and becomes the new hermit.

That way you still have your second chance, but get punished. The hermit has all those high natural skills and might have learned magic... Bob cant do that.

I am uploading a test version :)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2014, 09:17:11 am »

I am uploading a test version :)
* Does happy dance!! (in this case its samba)
My Area

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode - TEST VERSION ONLINE!
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2014, 09:19:01 am »

Why would a city in Usbekistan dance samba?

<<<TEST VERSION>>> I will leave this online for 2 days, and give you guys time for feedback, and if nothing horribly is broken, I will do a release with it as is, on the 12th. :)

(In case you wonder where that extra 25mb come from, turn on the sound/background music. I forgot about that... there is a custom song in there)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:53:46 am by Meph »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2014, 09:26:55 am »

Why would a city in Usbekistan dance samba?

<<<TEST VERSION>>>

(In case you wonder where that extra 25mb come from, turn on the sound/background music. I forgot about that... there is a custom song in there)
Because despite my username I have no connection to the city, and I only know partner dances, so no Ferghana, Bukhara, or Khorezm. Sorry to disappoint!
My Area

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2014, 09:44:55 am »

But that is a picture of its mosque, no?

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2014, 10:07:46 am »

But that is a picture of its mosque, no?
Yup! ;) Name is a connection to a book I enjoyed as a child, avatar is because I was lazy and so I just took a random image of the city. I'm sure I'll replace it sooner or later.

On topic, have a hermit fort started. Dog already picked a fight with some wildlife and died. :P

EDIT: Is there any archaeology with the hermit? Found three chests. Wouldn't want as large of rewards as in dwarf; I'd be happy for a trinket or two.

EDIT2: After 5 shovels of exploratory mining and no metals, I did a dfhack reveal. I have tools, fossils, and chests galore, but no metal till you get down to the iron levels... Not a hermit's ideal location.

EDIT3: Do we have a means of getting an anvil? Need one for a stable pick.

EDIT4: Can make an anvil, through smelting. However, slag is bad! No way to get rid of it with hermit, but you still produce it...

EDIT5: Some items are surviving migrant magmafication. So far only quivers.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:40:31 am by Samarkand »
My Area

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2014, 10:40:48 am »

Slag and Archeology. Got it.

exploratory mining and no metals, I did a dfhack reveal.
You tried the excavation site before resorting to cheats? :P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23