Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 368206 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1410 on: June 28, 2015, 02:17:46 pm »

Gah, I want this so bad. And there's no sort of replacement good for it right now, it's so unique to what it does. I may have to go fiddle in the map maker to get any fix.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 28, 2015, 02:38:43 pm »

Ex.: Basic units have no attributes or anything -> " Basic soldiers are effectively the hit points of an army" [not even racial mods??]
That's not quite right, they mentioned somewhere (I think one of the modding videos) that racial health determines the HP of the basic units and I assume that Will and Attack will also influence the basic soldiers so an Orcish army without Elite Units should still be stronger than a gnomish army.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 29, 2015, 09:53:30 am »

Ex.: Basic units have no attributes or anything -> " Basic soldiers are effectively the hit points of an army" [not even racial mods??]
That's not quite right, they mentioned somewhere (I think one of the modding videos) that racial health determines the HP of the basic units and I assume that Will and Attack will also influence the basic soldiers so an Orcish army without Elite Units should still be stronger than a gnomish army.

That sounds better. :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 29, 2015, 10:01:07 am »

Magic system sounds great. Thank freaking god they've thought harder about it than "Fire, Ice, Lightning" blah video game magic theory.

Those systems would be fine too... If they thought about them other then Damage over time, slowing things down, and lots of instant damage.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 29, 2015, 10:15:44 am »

Magic system sounds great. Thank freaking god they've thought harder about it than "Fire, Ice, Lightning" blah video game magic theory.

Those systems would be fine too... If they thought about them other then Damage over time, slowing things down, and lots of instant damage.

Nope. Still the laziest design in just about any fantasy-based video game today.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 29, 2015, 12:52:30 pm »

Has he mentioned a beta date yet? I know the mod tools are coming out soon.

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: June 29, 2015, 01:45:28 pm »

Has he mentioned a beta date yet? I know the mod tools are coming out soon.

His partner Fenicks has sworn an oath to give Josh a good kick every time he mentions a date  :) So we don't really know. As far as we Beta Backers know there are three steps left:
1: GUI: The battle screen is not quite right, this has mostly been finished and should be the focus of next weeks update
2: Mod Tools: Previously a mess due to problems with the internal database, this has now been fixed and they should be released soon according to official word.
3: The AI, there are still some things the AI need to relearn due to the many changes with the map, more types of AI entities and expanded Gods&Religion. This is the final and greatest hurdle. I have asked Josh to keep us informed about hilarious AI mistakes he runs across.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 29, 2015, 03:08:08 pm »

I said it before, I say it again - delaying the beta for Mod Tools seems suboptimal, given its nature as a modular and seperate tool to the main game.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 29, 2015, 03:13:17 pm »

Its meant to allow people to tweak with the game at its very core to find obscure and important bugs. Think of it more as playing with dev mode on

ventuswings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 29, 2015, 04:23:32 pm »

I've actually forgot if the developers intend to preserve $50 beta deal after it has officially been released, or it's limited time offer.

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: June 30, 2015, 02:57:12 am »

I've actually forgot if the developers intend to preserve $50 beta deal after it has officially been released, or it's limited time offer.
They originally mentioned that the Beta-buy-in would end once Beta released, but that has been so long ago that it's probably no longer indicative of the current policy. I know that there are still new people entering beta at the moment.

I said it before, I say it again - delaying the beta for Mod Tools seems suboptimal, given its nature as a modular and seperate tool to the main game.
Even we people with mod tools access find it a bit odd, but a large amount of the time spend on the tools has actually been spent on the game's databases and structure. Presumably the general idea is that modders will find odd things that normal beta backers won't be able to find.

Dyslexia96

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: July 01, 2015, 11:57:46 am »

I'm pretty sure the Beta deal will exist throughout the first half or so of the Beta, so there's no need to jump in now.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: July 01, 2015, 12:13:15 pm »

Good points for the mod-tools have been made and clearly waiting a little longer for something worth the wait should do the trick. Maybe I'm just to used to more frequent updates (i. e. Prison Architect, Factorio or DF) to a existing game.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: July 01, 2015, 05:30:44 pm »

Fenicks has said the beta package will still be available after beta.  He actually suggested you wait until beta to get it.  Given all the delays they don't want to give the impression that they're asking for money before the beta's out.
Shoes...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: July 01, 2015, 06:23:06 pm »

Fenicks has said the beta package will still be available after beta.  He actually suggested you wait until beta to get it.  Given all the delays they don't want to give the impression that they're asking for money before the beta's out.

Considering the way things usually go today, that's mighty good of them.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 210