Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 368189 times)

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1425 on: July 08, 2015, 03:11:10 am »

Some more news about the beta, no date yet (un)fortunately but Josh has mentioned some things on how the beta release/normal release schedule would work.

Quote from: 'Josh'
Up until every Old One and Agent is rolled out we'll be testing the North Burns and its supplemental scenarios. Once those are signed off we're going to release those maps to the regular backers and the Beta Backers will move onto the Twilight Empire and its supplemental scenarios.

This should mean that the the normal backers won't have to wait as long to play the game and once they are able to play the other scenarios should only be in beta for a much shorter while.

The upcoming update should also be rather large, as it will cover the entire military system. According to Josh it would be out in the next couple of days (posted on the 6th) and according to the more reliant Fenicks it should be out over the weekend. It's actually quite fun to see how the devs bicker about dates and what "right after the 4th" actually means  :D

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 08, 2015, 04:10:09 pm »

Hoping for another update soon, they are the little breed crumps that keep the hype train going. Oh and they need to have a Dig Deeper event or some such...

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 14, 2015, 09:36:00 am »

The dinos changed over to a new update model where they post more frequent but smaller updates so we'll have something to look at at least once a week. Finally here is the first part of the Warfare update. It's looking pretty good so far. This is how the main battle screen looks:

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 14, 2015, 06:17:45 pm »

I know I probably shouldn't be asking this... but nvm,

So,
is there a "When" for this ?
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 14, 2015, 06:36:01 pm »

So,
is there a "When" for this ?

Soontm.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 11, 2015, 04:37:20 pm »

Hasn't been a lot of noise about this, but Project Update 29 just came out. Not much new information, but the logistics and strategy stuff is interesting enough. I haven't been reading their forums, so I don't know if there's more stuff there.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 11, 2015, 04:40:05 pm »

Yeah, there's a fair bit on the forums - they're doing running updates now moreso than big ones, so I imagine less is trickling thru to kickstarter. Definitely worth having a look if you're a backer.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 11, 2015, 06:44:32 pm »

We also got this sexy pic of the combat system.  Dunno if you'll be able to see this if you're not a backer, but there you go.

It's vertical now, with the agent and minions at the top and heroes at the bottom.  The old blocking system is gone, instead heroes are divided into groups and the front line protects the back, note the forward-set character.  You still have to do enough damage to hurt the front line to attack the back, but you can also use abilities to isolate characters and break up their groups.  Characters alone in a group gain new options like hiding while ability mechanics change and new abilities become available to attack them  I'm guessing stuff like the Baron's Dark Laurel that possesses a hero and turns him into a minion will only be available against isolated opponents now. 
Shoes...

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 12, 2015, 02:28:14 am »

Furthermore, KDG have exhausted all topics they wanted to show us and next on their list was actual playthroughs. Josh is taking a road trip this week for 5 days, so I hope we'll see some actual gameplay next week.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 12, 2015, 04:54:20 am »

PTW and I guess I can add another game to the hypetrain.

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: September 01, 2015, 02:40:13 am »

News update:
Mod Tools will be released this weekend and should contain the ability to mod everything except AI, Events and Challenges. These are the last things the dino's are working on for the actual Beta release which is also getting quite near. The tools should also provide a lot of spoiler information, as we'll be able to see all the Old One abilities etc.

The updates have been rather scarce, as Josh was really "in the zone" with fixing the tools and preparing the last few things for the Beta. But we've got lots of info on races and other stuff during the last week. It's quite a wall of text, so if anybody wants extra info on the elves, dwarves or lizardmen let me know and I'll post it.

Funny Beta testing anecdode:
Quote from: Josh
Beta - Had some interesting issues when implementing the advanced Fealty and Loyalty events, since we broke apart the race-specific governments we hadn't restored these AI actions and apparently in opening up the system we removed an implicit restriction on considering who to serve.
Within 30-40 turns one particularly charismatic Elf had acquired a retinue of orcs, humans, dwarves, lizardmen, ogres, gnomes, and even a Demon Prince. His reputation plummeted with the elves, but with the sheer force of his loyal followers he managed to maintain in power for 4 turns after he was "ousted" before finally being killed. The entire coterie immediately went over and joined some human Baron, and history repeated.
Fortunately we managed to mostly patch this up this week - making sure that those seeking lords are almost always looking for reasonable lieges and also making sure lieges can "push back" and deny unwanted servitors. I'm going to spend a couple of days fleshing this out a bit as it does have some merit, adding in a "prove your worth" series of events as well as a "I won't give up" if the claimant truly wishes to serve that individual, both leading perhaps to quests that instead inherit from the worth of the liege as opposed to the quest-or. On the other hand I want to work with some of the traits to see at what point a person should be pushed outside their comfort zone to look for more exotic lieges, and also what traits will conversely allow some odd servants (probably handling this through increasing a max allowed negative to relation due to vassals/servants).

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: September 01, 2015, 06:18:46 am »

I say beta @ 13th of september or some such. OR hope for that at least.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 01, 2015, 09:46:33 am »

I'm gonna be a negative Nancy and say October 4.

As for the tools, I'm guessing "this weekend" will end up being 5 AM Monday morning.
Shoes...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1438 on: September 01, 2015, 04:16:03 pm »

Game is looking good. Can't wait to pick it up on release.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 07:31:48 am by forsaken1111 »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 05, 2015, 04:03:41 am »

Another delay, over some last minor issues.

[img]http://rubbercat.net/simpsons/ralph_wiggum_in_thought.jpg[/url]

Dunno man.  I honestly feel like they should go ahead and release the mod tools in their current state and patch them next week.  I'm hyped as fuck still and I don't think the game's vaporware, but it's really killing the vibe.  I can see how people like Vordrak would get salty, we still have nothing in our hands but some art and we're closing in on the one year mark for the kickstarter.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 210