Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 136

Author Topic: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.  (Read 203341 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.
« Reply #330 on: September 10, 2014, 06:44:38 am »

Well, it's not like anyone is recognizing the other Caliph either.

Anyway, I'm declaring my own Caliphate. With coke, whiskey, blackjack and hookers*. All hail the new Shebinad Caliphate!

* Yeah, technically some of those things are haram, but so is blowing mosque and massacring christians, and it didn't stop the other ones from having a Caliphate.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.
« Reply #331 on: September 10, 2014, 07:15:31 am »

One of the Caliphates major goals will have to be destroying any other caliphates, that followed by destruction of rival jihadist groups, then the other Muslim sects, then the world, I suppose.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 10, 2014, 07:52:00 am »

One of the Caliphates major goals will have to be destroying any other caliphates, that followed by destruction of rival jihadist groups, then the other Muslim sects, then the world, I suppose.
You are forgetting Life, the Universe, and everything.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 10, 2014, 08:23:03 am »

Apparently Boko Haram decided they wanted to be a caliphate too.
Cue the hipster jihadi who wanted to be a Caliphate back before it became a thing.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 10, 2014, 09:24:36 am »

Look rad as hell. I wish my caliphate was a sexy. Anyway, I just celebrated my accession to the Caliphate in the time-honoured tradition of changing my avatar.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 10, 2014, 09:30:36 am »

Look rad as hell. I wish my caliphate was a sexy. Anyway, I just celebrated my accession to the Caliphate in the time-honoured tradition of changing my avatar.

Man I wish my avatar had that level of islamic sexy

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 10, 2014, 09:51:54 am »

Here you go. You can be my vizir.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 10, 2014, 09:54:18 am »

Needs more beard. WAY more beard.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 10, 2014, 10:02:47 am »

How about this?

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 10, 2014, 11:27:29 am »

* Yeah, technically some of those things are haram, but so is blowing mosque and massacring christians, and it didn't stop the other ones from having a Caliphate.

Where does it say that massacring christians is haram?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 10, 2014, 11:32:50 am »

Yeah, Islaam, like most religions to a certain degree, is all about slaughtering the non believers in one way or another (even if most have technically left that behaviour behind). A pertinent verse from the Qu'ran that leaps to mind states that "Idolatry is worse than carnage". The same verse then proscribes violence at a Mosque, so go fish.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 11:45:39 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 10, 2014, 12:18:58 pm »

My bad, I though it was in the Q'ran, but apparently the protection for "People of the book" (Christians, Jews, Sabians etc) is part of sharia instead.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 10, 2014, 12:48:38 pm »

As for the blowing up the mosques, it's that whole problem of "Well, of course, you shouldn't kill fellow Muslims. But apostate Muslims and heretics are fair game."

Same logic behind "Thou shalt not kill. Unless they're Cathars/Manicheans/Hussites/pagans/idolators/Jews/etc"

And when you're a fairly narrow literalist sect of Wahhabis, pretty much EVERYONE in the Ummah is an apostate.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 10, 2014, 12:53:42 pm »

Yeah, they turn the No True Scotsman knob right up to 11. Then cut it off, so to speak.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 136