Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: MDF V.6.1 - Human Update + Hermit Update  (Read 16303 times)

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MDF V.6 - Human Update + So much stuff.
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2014, 09:07:16 pm »

I have been playing pretty steadily at 1/2 speed also with no issues of notice.

In my current dwarf for I just bumped it to normal after a year. Dwarves don't need much slowdown (if any) unlike humans or gnomes. A lot of above ground building means slow starts.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2014, 09:42:53 pm »

Lol, the dropbox link is down again... more than 10GB traffic in 24h is something they dont like. DffD is still up.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nuhaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2014, 11:02:31 pm »

Hotkeys for the workshop reactions such as 'sell X for Voucher'/'Buy X for Voucher' would be nice.
Before this mod, I never pitied the bad guys in any of the fantasy novels I'd read. The undead lich king always seemed like such an uber-menace, but now I know his secret pain of having morons for minions, a vampire doctor just waiting for him to go to sleep, and a constant feeling of anger and depression because he's one armor stand short in his bedroom suite.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2014, 04:37:04 am »

Meph, the limit on the drop box was already reached on the first day.
It proves that we want your mod that much.

On the calendar speed, 1/2 might not be enough to notice (even 1/4 didn't show it), which is why I said 1/8 speed.

I'll have a bit of time in a few hours to try again.

EDIT:
OK, I tested more, and it seems like my odd things were due to my computer acting weird yesterday, good to know.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:11:43 am by slay_mithos »
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2014, 06:29:26 am »

sorry for the double post (more that a day later should be ok, if not I'll edit).

Does the 'calendar speed' affect the crops?

From on of your posts, I was under the impression that setting the calendar to 1/8 would mean that the crops would take the same amount of 'tick', so seasonal crops could grow 8 times a season, and the tree farming could start netting results in the second or third season at most.

From my observations, above ground crops still take a full season to grow (and trees are not ripe after nearly a year at 1/8).
Same goes for animal growth, but birthing rates seem to be related to the passing ticks rather than days.

It does make sense that it works that way, but I embarked thinking that my main trade resource would be from dyed rope reed goods, and it clearly does not work that way.
Good for me that many things work "normally" even in 1/8 (hunting, fishing), and that there seem to be silk on the surface.

My point is, is it intended (and I misunderstood), or is it a resulting effect that happens to work like that?
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2014, 06:50:14 am »

You are correct. I misunderstood the system, IndigoFenix corrected me a while ago... crops do grow slower it seems.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2014, 06:55:14 am »

It's very nice though, it means that all the season/year related things keep their durations, while the living can do many more actions.

I like this time dilation approach way more that what I understood, because I need time to settle, but I wouldn't want it to overpower me by giving me two batches of steelwood per season.

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2014, 01:00:55 pm »

I'm having a bug with mousequery in V6:
If I "mousequery track enable" then I get weird bugs where the placement preview Xs are offset from the cursor, and hitting ESC to get out of placement or designation mode warps me to the center of the map at Z -4.

Without mousequery-track, of course, life is hateful.

WRT Dropbox, you could encourage people to use "copy to my Dropbox" instead of downloading. That doesn't use up bandwidth cap AFAIK, and Dropbox will just pull it down for them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2014, 01:31:48 pm »

I'm having a bug with mousequery in V6:
If I "mousequery track enable" then I get weird bugs where the placement preview Xs are offset from the cursor, and hitting ESC to get out of placement or designation mode warps me to the center of the map at Z -4.

Without mousequery-track, of course, life is hateful.

WRT Dropbox, you could encourage people to use "copy to my Dropbox" instead of downloading. That doesn't use up bandwidth cap AFAIK, and Dropbox will just pull it down for them.
For mousequery questions, you have to ask the mousequery author I am afraid. I cant do much about it.

The dropbox thing: I do have a second server now, just need to upload it. Havent installed any ftp programs yet. ^^

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2014, 01:45:07 pm »

For mousequery questions, you have to ask the mousequery author I am afraid. I cant do much about it.

OK. It seems like it works on a stock 34.11/dfhack r4, but I'll ask Falconne. Thank you!

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2014, 05:30:19 pm »

suggestion for an embark profile that was very fun for me

Challange

Shipwrecked Pirates:
5 - long iron daggers
50 - sewer brew
3 - cotton rope
2 - buckets

party skills:
5 members with 5p in knife user and 5 in dodging

the rest is up to you to survive off the land untill a caravan arrives

bonus points for sea embark with untamed wilds
----------
edit: evidently i didn't know you can buy a pick from the merchants but this is still a nice theme idea

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:21:21 pm by SharpKris »

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2014, 08:18:08 pm »

My mousequery problem turned out to be setting TWBT to 10 Z-levels instead of 15. What version of TWBT is MDF V6 using, so I can report it to mfiki properly?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2014, 09:44:39 pm »

This might be stupid be I just got the interweb back after a week since of power outages but I have been playing the crap out of the adventure mode of the last update. Here is a few strange thing that I saw or happened.

1.Werewolfs when being played you can't talk to any body since you know, you're a werewolf.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2.This forgotten beast is made of runes. Does that make it have the power of runes?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
3.And here is a tip...STAY AWAY FROM BANSHEE TOWNS!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:49:56 pm by danmanthedog »

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2014, 02:16:52 am »

Renamed short skirts to plain skirts, they are now common.

But.. but.. that ruins everything!

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2014, 08:35:19 am »

Renamed short skirts to plain skirts, they are now common.

But.. but.. that ruins everything!
NOOOOOOO.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6