Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Teaching An Apprentice -A Suggestion Game  (Read 11424 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Teaching An Apprentice -A Suggestion Game
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2014, 07:47:03 pm »

I just had the thought that we're talking with an elf, we should probably ask her how old she is, and what she already knows of magic.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2014, 07:48:06 pm »

I just had the thought that we're talking with an elf, we should probably ask her how old she is, and what she already knows of magic.
+1
Might as well.
She's a liar, so we can test her on it later to hilarious effect.
Take a closer look at this text!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2014, 02:28:08 am »

Now I'm off to the beach for a couple of hours, when I'm back I'll update but, if you have any more questions, merely add them before I come back.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2014, 06:55:43 am »

On the carriage

"So," you say as you raise an eyebrow in her direction, once the carriage starts on its voyage towards your house. "Miss Shuu?"
"Y-Yes," your Apprentice stammers out, before steeling her face and looking back at you with a prepared and firm gaze.
"Are you trying to imitate Necrobella or Trixmortis with that fashion style?" you ask her, calmly, gazing at her attire.
Her cheeks blush lightly and she shakes her head. "N-No, I just thought," she starts, and then clamps up, before snarling. "It's my business how I dress up, isn't it?"
She winces after the outburst, and shakes her head. "Sorry," she says.
You hum quietly, a knowing smile on your lips.
There are plenty of female necromancers -it's a job that doesn't really bother to care if you're male or female after all. You just need to have good shoulders to dig up corpses, or a good head to buy someone's else silence and the ability to dig up corpses.
Or be rich and bored enough to have a cemetery and a Necromancy For Dummies book.
Of course, only few truly excel.
Many don't go further than making a limb twitch.

"So, Miss Shuu, how old are you?"
Shuu grips the hem of her gown tightly for a moment, and then snaps. "You don't ask a lady her age!" she says hotly, before mollifying a bit and muttering, "b-but I'm a-at my twen-twenty-eth spring."
Uh, you would have given her fifteen years, give or take.
"Uhm," you raise an eyebrow. "Aren't you a bit old to be an Apprentice? I thought all Apprentices started at fifteen."
She looks sideways. "E-Elves count years differently from humans!" she exclaims next.
"Oh?"
"E-Each four years, we add one!"
"And why is that?" you ask, curious.
"B-because reasons! Elf reasons!"
"So you'd be sixteen years old, by human standards," you reply. Strange, because you never heard of elves having the 'add one year each four' thing.
Actually, you don't even think she's telling the truth to begin with.

"Just kill me now," she meekly whimpers, her hands covering her face as her shoulders tremble lightly.
"What do you know of magic already?" you ask next, trying to change the argument.
Shuu's shoulders stop trembling, and she takes a deep breath.
"I...I know how to conjure the basic elements and how to make single limbs of a body twitch, and I can...I can speak with the spirits of nature, b-but I also know how to throw fireballs!" she says the last part with a bit of emphasis. "And I'm immune to poisons, and I learn things quickly, and I've got a great head on my shoulders, and I'm pretty and-"
You raise both eyebrows, and she turns crimson in the midst of her babbling, before again, returning with her hands to cover her face and her shoulders trembling.

"Uhm," you say calmly.

Well...it would be fun to tease her until she starts contemplating suicide -jokingly of course.
Or maybe there are more questions you'd like to ask on what she answered?

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2014, 08:03:34 am »

It may be time for the very first lesson for Miss Shuu. More of an instruction than a proper lesson, but still.

The first thing to remember is that a wizard has only a modicum of shame, for the laws of physics and society mean little to them, though they must still value respect. An adventurer needs no shame, as they perform deeds that make all other eccentricities acceptable with time. And a necromancer cannot afford shame, for then they cannot even begin to learn the wonderful art. As such, shamelessness is an art worth mastering for any awn-in-training, and one of the most valuable attributes one can have in life.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2014, 10:12:36 pm »

It may be time for the very first lesson for Miss Shuu. More of an instruction than a proper lesson, but still.

The first thing to remember is that a wizard has only a modicum of shame, for the laws of physics and society mean little to them, though they must still value respect. An adventurer needs no shame, as they perform deeds that make all other eccentricities acceptable with time. And a necromancer cannot afford shame, for then they cannot even begin to learn the wonderful art. As such, shamelessness is an art worth mastering for any awn-in-training, and one of the most valuable attributes one can have in life.

+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2014, 10:14:32 pm »

+1
+1

EDIT: Why do we bother with the 1? What other numbers would be acceptable? Why not just +?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2014, 10:14:58 pm »

+1

Fancy +1

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2014, 10:16:22 pm »

+1
+1

EDIT: Why do we bother with the 1? What other numbers would be acceptable? Why not just +?
+Lyeos' Lucky 777
Take a closer look at this text!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2014, 10:18:57 pm »

+1
+1

+Lyeos' Lucky 777
+

And shouldn't 'change the argument' be 'change the topic/conversation'?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2014, 10:21:46 pm »

Fancy was in reference to what baldwin was saying. Not the +1.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2014, 10:22:21 pm »

+1
+1

+Lyeos' Lucky 777
+
+ One googolplex

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2014, 10:49:38 pm »

It's just tradition to +1.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9