Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 18  (Read 36106 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 3
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2014, 02:32:04 pm »

It looks like we have 8 actions. I've got some work to do before I can do the turn, though, so perhaps more people will have a chance to post in the meantime.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 3
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2014, 09:43:49 pm »

"Hrm."
Theodore stood in the guest room with hands on hips, staring absently out the window and pondering his next move.
It was time to make a start, even if a small one.

Take stock of just what kitchen appliances I have, checking if there are any expendable ones that I could fashion into a helmet, then look up places for rent in Gotham with my phone. Inspect photos of the interiors, and try to judge when their current tenants would be moving out.

Also, mentally assess where Pete's wife would land on the Babe-o-meter.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 4
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2014, 12:52:28 am »

Jeez, a lot more work than I thought before I could get to this. Also, someone linked me a webcomic. But nevertheless!

Well then! We've got the heroin, time to sell it to trustworthy people! People we know who would appreciate the magnificent gift that is good heroin. And this is going to be the good stuff, make no mistake. We don't give the weak shit to our more trustworthy customers.
(4) You begin finding customers, since miraculously no one has been selling heroine in the craphole that is your neighborhood. You start with some of the less happy students at your school and some homeless loners. Excellent...

Fuuuuuuucccckkkk.... 2 choices - run to the screams, or run from them. Well, I am gonna be blamed either way. At least running to them will allow me to do some good in helping.

Run to the screams - look to see if I can help with the dogs in any way
(1)You find your fellows and your boss cornered by several large dogs, screaming and cursing incessantly and barely holding them back with mop handles and steel yardsticks. You rush in and try to distract them somehow, but they all turn on you! (4) Fortunately, your intervention does allow your co-workers to grab collars and tranq darts, and they manage to subdue the dogs before you are completely torn to shreds.

Your left arm and shoulder are pretty torn up, but at least they didn't get any thing vital. Through the pain and, later, befuddlement at the local anesthetics from the first aid kit, you understand that you probably shouldn't come back here or expect your next paycheck. The next several minutes are a blur as they stitch you up one of your coworkers drives you home, and you'll probably have to sit and rest for a bit before you can think clearly about anything.

EXAMINE TRUCK CONTENTS

DRIVE TO DOCKS, SEEK UNUSED WAREHOUSE

(6) Aside from that sound station you picked up, there's a locked briefcase, some generators, and a shit ton of gascans. You're starting to wonder how heavily this will be missed. (4) After swinging by your place and hurriedly (well, as quick as you can with all that heavy electronic stuff) load up your entire collection before heading off to the waterfront district, where you have no trouble locating an abandoned warehouse, what with the economy the way it is.

You're done with this all this shit. You've got all your stuff and enough electricity for it all. ITS TIME FOR SOME YOU TIME.

"I don't think there is anything here you could use.  However, I saw another garage five blocks east.  It is larger than this one and I am recalling correctly, it was closed.  If you want one that is open, I had seen one seven blocks south of that.  Either of those would work better," Maddox said.

Wait for response.  Listen for sirens.
(6) You listen to his response, and allow him to search the place for tools. He promptly sets off the burglar alarm, which you could have sworn was disabled when you came in.

"I'll keep that in mind, but would you let me just take a quick look through here for some tools? It wouldn't take long at all."

"Agree to, and actually go through, with meeting me at Gilligan's Bar, on the north side of the warehouse districts in seven hours,"  Maddox replied, naming one of the areas that the members were allowed to go to get new 'converts'.  "Then I will allow you to search the garage."
Ed thinks it over for a moment.
"Eh, works for me."
Stopping off at a bar's easy enough, and it's not like he has to do much more than that. Might even get a free drink or two out of this.
Ed slips his club into the golfbag, and begins looking through the garage for the tools necessary to make his lovely golf club into a ridiculous implement of electrical death.
(1) You yank open a particularly stuck drawer, somehow managing to set off a burglar alarm which didn't trip when you broke in.

Drive to wherever I was driving.
"Come to think of it, where am I now, anyway?"
(2) You keep driving, but you won't be at the pawn shop for some time. You were headed to one to spend your last $900 on stuff that might help you steal manga.

Give a long speech about my plan to create a dwarven fortress, and explain I need fellow dwarves to assist me in my task.
(4) Though obviously insane, your speech is charismatic enough, and the other "dwarves" confused and disoriented enough, that they actually listen to you. They figure they'll play along for now, since they have no idea how to get out of here.

"Good sir, you are simply much too violent! If you cannot keep your temper, I'm afraid we cannot collaborate on making Gotham a better place. Please, try and calm down."

If they Belgian calms down, invite him with me. If he doesn't seem to calm down, leave our meeting.

Then go to the nearest fine cheese store and enter, examine the store.

(3) The Belgian, a woman of gargantuan stature, is more agreeable in person than her internet rage would have suggested, but sadly you do still think she might turn violent with slight provocation. However, you still think she would make a fine ally. You talk over light dinner and some horrifically substandard wine.

(5) She agrees to come with you to the nearest gourmet cheese shop, as it will prove the points he made earlier. And right she is! Phah! These "genuine cheeses" are nothing but Quebecoise and New England imitations! An insult to the culture!

"Hrm."
Theodore stood in the guest room with hands on hips, staring absently out the window and pondering his next move.
It was time to make a start, even if a small one.

Take stock of just what kitchen appliances I have, checking if there are any expendable ones that I could fashion into a helmet, then look up places for rent in Gotham with my phone. Inspect photos of the interiors, and try to judge when their current tenants would be moving out.

Also, mentally assess where Pete's wife would land on the Babe-o-meter.
(2) You don't really have anything you could spare to turn into apparel. A mixer, a blender, a toaster, a couple hand-cranked whisks, a medium-sized bin of spatulas and other utensils, and of course your precious complete set of pans, carefully squirreled away from the restaurant over the years. You really which you had a collander...

(5) You only have $600, but if you could get some income, and income flowing in, there's a relatively nice place with plenty of kitchen space you could afford to rent nearby.

(4) According to the scales given by that one magazine you read, Maxine would rate about a 7/10. You're glad neither her nor Pete seemed to notice you checking this.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2014, 01:02:12 am »

>[S­] SOUNDCLOWN: ENGAGE RESONATOR

what is stealth

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2014, 01:41:25 am »

"Well. Shit... Eh, I'm not leaving until I get something of use outta this 'hole."
Ed picks up the pace with his search.

(Also, are you reading one of the comics I linked? :V
Assuming that that bit about the webcomics was regarding that little discussion in the happy thread, of course. If not, feel free to ignore this~)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:55:58 am by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2014, 03:28:31 am »

Fuck man... I might have hated that job, but it was better than none. What am I going to do now? Its not as if any other bio lab in the city will touch me once word of this gets around. Maybe I could re-enroll in college or something, look to work towards a PhD...

Ah, there is no point worrying about it until I can think straight. Might as well try and get some sleep. My problems will still be there to solve when I wake up.
This is a blank sig.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2014, 03:35:22 am »

Hell yeah. You hear that? That's the income rolling in. Sell heroin, get money, count money, stash money in clandestine locations.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2014, 03:43:50 am »

"Of course, I remember now. Well then, let's go."
Continue driving to the pawn shop.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2014, 04:04:27 am »

Theodore thoughtfully and carefully paws through his kitchen collection, assessing his options.
He has a good place from which to find his feet, but he doesn't want to stay here too long- nice as Pete and Maxine are, it's kinda awkward being third wheel to a married couple, and besides... he has nefarious schemes to enact and a villainous laugh to perfect.

Check myself out. What am I wearing? Do I look presentable enough for a job interview or whatever?

Also, I was more interested in places I could burglarize, ones with the tenants (and their valuables) still inside.
Browse old listings, maybe? Either way I'll go out later on, catch a bus to another part of the city and scout potential targets.

Put the toaster on my bed and pull the insides out of it, hollowing it out until the shell can be used as a decorative hat.

"Sorry old girl, but we've got ta make a few changes around here," Theo mutters sadly as he regards the toaster in his hands, his expression deeply apologetic as he places it down on the bed, ready for surgery.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2014, 08:21:23 am »

Grab mask and put it in a pocket.  Hide gun on person.  Get out of here.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2014, 09:36:25 am »

Waitlist?

Villain Name: The Rat
Gimmick: Rats, Sewers.
Bio: The Rat was, as far as anyone knows, a simple sewer worker, until, one day, things went wrong. He went down into the sewers to fix something along with one of his coworkers, and they got separated. His flashlight broke, and, in the darkness, rats carried him into some deep corner of the sewer, where his mind broke completely. He eventually befriended the rats, and developed minor night-vision.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:47:14 am by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2014, 12:15:01 pm »

Waitlist?

Bio: The Rat was, as far as anyone knows, a simple sewer worker, until, one day, things went wrong. He went down into the sewers to fix something along with one of his coworkers, and they got separated. His flashlight broke, and, in the darkness, rats carried him into some deep corner of the sewer, where his mind broke completely. He eventually befriended the rats, and developed minor night-vision.
Sounds cool, but wasn't there something like this in Batman Beyond? I mean, I'll still take it but idk if I'm remembering correctly.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2014, 12:34:46 pm »

It seems vaguely reminiscent of the Penguin to me...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2014, 12:36:20 pm »

Oh. Huh. I'm not a batman person, so I just made it up on the spot.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2014, 12:37:36 pm »

Waitlist?

Sounds cool, but wasn't there something like this in Batman Beyond? I mean, I'll still take it but idk if I'm remembering correctly.
There's the Rat Catcher, who's basically got that shtick plus poison gas.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24