Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30298 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Dream Wizards Edition
« Reply #270 on: October 18, 2014, 07:28:40 pm »

Are you sure it's not just you remembering your dream better because you overslept? Because that always happens when I somehow disturb my sleeping pattern.

Unless you normally don't feel in control in your dreams, which sounds very unpleasant.
I'm quite sure wishing for the Black Mastadon Ranger to appear holding his helmet in right hand and Axe in left hand while blinking and it then happens, in that order(wish then happen) counts as Lucid and not a simple remember clearly.

And Every time I've lucid dreamt I've overslept, it's concerning.

Also I usually don't have any control at all over anything in my dreams, they're like IRL tv shows, but without channels unless i lucid, and one simple channel flip makes me oversleep for about an hour per channel flip.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #271 on: October 18, 2014, 08:28:45 pm »

I usually get caught up in the stories or certain, sometimes redacted, activities of the dreamscapes. That usually is a good cause for oversleep in my case. That, or exploration of environments like I were playing Myst. I can spend hours admiring the scenery, and seeing if there are any puzzles hidden within some of them. I find perspective puzzles to be the coolest, because one time I had to line up the scenery to make what appeared like a stained glass window with a key inside it, and only from that perspective, could I nab the key from the design, and all scenery elements related to the key changed once it was removed. What the key was to, I am not sure, but it would've been neat if the void left behind by the key made up another perspective puzzle where you can apply said key, and lead elsewhere.

I have some pretty bizarre, yet awesome, dreams. If anything, they really put my lateral thinking skills to the test.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:34:04 pm by Itnetlolor »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 18, 2014, 11:51:11 pm »

I'm going to try the WILD technique tonight

As am I. I keep losing the will though and go back to sleep. >.>
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2014, 11:55:15 pm »

I'm going to try the WILD technique tonight

As am I. I keep losing the will though and go back to sleep. >.>

Actually never mind
I'm doing it tomorrow
I'm too tired and I'm watching a movie that has some scary stufs in it
I'll try again tomorrow
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 23, 2014, 07:05:49 am »

Critical succsess!!!

I just managed to finally have a Lucid Dream, even though it most definitely was not a WILD. I was laying in bed this morning sort of dreading waking up and I went back to sleep before my alarm was primed to go off. Pretty soon, the  dream begins. I don't remember the first bits of action, but I'm taken by some guy to go dial a red panic phone inside some alienesque dome bunker beneath the earth. The man disappears and I am alone. I look around the room after I dial the phone in the middle of the wall and look around. There is no tone. A projector and some other crap are set up throughout the room and I start to recognize a color scheme. Red and Gold.

Communists.

My eyes gaze at their sickening sickle and hammer business. They've got a small restroom set up down here and a projector with some unidentifiable words in Russian. The towels are red and gold. The words on the projector are red and gold. I start inspecting it eagerly, walking over to a nearby computer and scrolling through their information. Then suddenly, a hand grabs my mouth and hits me with chloroform. I go down like a sack of potatoes during Oktoberfest and I am dragged into the elevator and back up to the surface. A voice says to me that I'm going to be buried now, presumably because I know too much.

Then reality kicks in because everything prior to this made no sense. I realize that I'm dreaming and I do a reality check on my hands. Everything was fuzzy, so I new I was in a dream. So I said screw this and thought I had super speed and ran off. That was a lame idea and I knew it. I turn around and start attacking the guys. Combat is initiated. They try to attack me, and I counter them with manly fists of skinny breakable fury. All at once the dream becomes clear, far clearer than it has ever been in the past. I dance around them a bit and we scuffle with me getting the better end of it because screw you reality, this my dream.

Then an emaciated Latino girl shows up. I stop mid-punch because I'm about to hit her and that would be bad. Instead, I wrap my arms around hers and we segue into some kind of combat dance maneuver that some part of brain thought it would make her not emaciated. Using her as a weapon, I attack them with her. To some extent, my mind succeeded in making her not emaciated. But then she turned into a he. Crap. He stares at me.

I look away sharply and get ready to look back again to change her back and my alarm starts blaring in the background. But I don't really care about the alarm now. That was a good dream.
BIRDS.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 23, 2014, 07:10:12 am »

.-.
I tried this morning for WILD with no success
Good to know someone else had some form of success though, even though it wasn't wild but still cool

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 23, 2014, 09:55:42 am »

I think WILDs just take a lot of mental fortitude and relaxation to succeed. I've been in the hypnagonic state before when attempting a WILD but it hasn't quite worked...
BIRDS.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 23, 2014, 10:03:38 am »

Honestly (and judging by loads of personal experience)...I don't find WILDS or the other methods working when...I.. :-\
When I can actively lucid dream without the rest of that. Though there's a process that occurs when I do it--just not akin to what the procedures that exist in this thread are similar to. (It's nothing bad really, just...simple, but I am unsure how to explain it)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 23, 2014, 10:15:42 am »

Honestly (and judging by loads of personal experience)...I don't find WILDS or the other methods working when...I.. :-\
When I can actively lucid dream without the rest of that. Though there's a process that occurs when I do it--just not akin to what the procedures that exist in this thread are similar to. (It's nothing bad really, just...simple, but I am unsure how to explain it)
I doubt the methods described in the thread are the only way of triggering lucid dreams. If you have another way that works for you, you can use that.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 23, 2014, 11:26:08 am »

I doubt this fits into lucid dreaming so im ploping it in a spoiler
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 23, 2014, 11:28:52 am »

I think it is less that the methods don't work and more that certain people have an affinity for Lucid Dreams. I have to try to remember my dreams. But a friend of mine will remember dreams with relatively high accuracy. It's a people thing.
BIRDS.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 23, 2014, 08:02:20 pm »

I wonder if trying to lucid dream yourself into a nightmare would throw off the balance and make you lose control of it

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2014, 08:03:58 pm »

People with nightmares tend to develop natural lucid dreaming ability.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2014, 08:07:32 pm »

And on that note I will now be sleeping on my left side from now on

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2014, 09:35:58 pm »

People with nightmares tend to develop natural lucid dreaming ability.
Hohoo! No wonder I can lucid dream pretty much great :3 (also I believe you mean knowing how to handle those nightmares, right?)
I'll be detailing my dream I had early this morn. T'was funny, because the last occurrence I ever had in dealing with what the media, and more specifically folklore, talk about 'ghosts' was...many years ago. Was pretty vivid, and focused on that idea.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21