Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30287 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Dream Wizards Edition
« Reply #255 on: October 01, 2014, 02:15:49 am »

Well, that's why I usually use their environments or properties, but no longer make them feel so game-like. In a sense, I allow myself to get and utilize ideas or aspects, like getting inspired by them, rather than living the game. The game worlds and such are just part of a much larger universe I interact with.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 01, 2014, 08:18:30 am »

Still working on Lucidity. Woke up at 4 in the morning, fell back asleep almost immediately! But last night was good anyways, so I don't mind.

I did mind the night before that, as I started hearing things with the onset of the hypagonic state. But after about an hour I had to call it quits as I could not achieve anything barring a two soft metallicish sounds and a very relaxed body. I think my mind started getting perhaps a bit too alert at the onset of ghost noises and I essentially "woke up". There came a point where I knew that I was close, but something or other triggered and pressed cancel on my progress.

Perhaps I was trying a bit too hard again... I'll probably try again at a later date.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2014, 07:08:51 pm »

The problem about games to me is that I end up taking things in stride because I am in a game.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2014, 07:39:16 pm »

It's hard to imagine myself into a game world.

My imagination in that respect is a bit dim I'm afraid...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2014, 10:47:46 pm »

It's hard to imagine myself into a game world.

My imagination in that respect is a bit dim I'm afraid...
Then find yourself games you can immerse yourself in (immersion overall, is key), find books and other media that can do the same. If not that, try to develop your own, ignoring what others would think about it (like my avatar; "Screw physics", or better yet in general, screw realism or being realistic overall); no need to publish anything (unless you truly want to), this is purely for yourself. Have fun, and your imagination would soon follow. Ideas and such could be lame in one sense, but then again, another look at it at a later time can always change things.

A good example of that could be like me watching One Piece before I took an interest in anime in general (late bloomer there, started in my mid-20s). I found it too silly, and some concepts and characters dumb and inexplicably silly; then I took an interest in anime a fair/far time later, grew up a bit, and re-watched the show again, and this time, also from the beginning. As it turns out, in hindsight, they're reputably badass enough in-universe to get away with being that silly, at least, until Luffy and crew comes in and humbles them one way or another; with or without fighting them. Just as well, when you actually come and think of it, it's like an endless faucet of imagination set to full with these things throughout the series; kinda reminds me of how my mind used to operate, except with a sea pirate theme. Kinda made me wish I was a fan of it when it first came out. But all that aside, use your imagination, no matter how dumb others may think the end result may be.

Who knows, you could live in a One Piece-like universe inside your mind. In a sense, the most recurring world always was like One Piece, except with a space pirate theme, with a hint of Lovecraft, Dr. Seuss, The Far Side, and Calvin & Hobbes in the mix, some Biblical referencing here and there, and the right mix of practical and zeerust styles with some extra-dimensional existential horror for flavor, looking like a bastard child of Star Wars, Star Trek, Lexx, Doctor Who, and Farscape, with a dash of Stargate, Alien, Land of the Lost, Twilight Zone, and Space Dandy, colliding and blending in with Our Earth (via at least my conscious) being relevant in the whole mix one way or another, like Futurama.

In a realm where you are not amongst, nor judged by society, don't be discouraged or scared. You are essentially God here. Go fucking nuts.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:07:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2014, 07:14:02 am »

Despite obvious cues such as fires in my lawn that weren't burning grass, I wasn't able to turn last night's dream into a lucid dream.
But I can say I was very tired when going to bed and needed the rest, and given that lucid dreaming makes me oversleep, I'm guessing my mind just didn't have the energy for it.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2014, 02:49:15 pm »

Since some people here are lucid dreamers, here is a survey on lucid dreaming by a researcher you might want to help out on: http://blucid.de/survey
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2014, 09:10:44 pm »

Just found this thread
Don't know why I haven't seen it before

Due to my crappy sleeping habits I either
A) have no dreams whatso ever and just see darkness for a few hours straight until I wake up
B) sit there in sleep paralysis for an hour before I pass out into deep sleep
C) sleep on my left side and have an actually thrilling nightmare

I would love to learn to lucidly dream
Though sleep paralysis sucks, I'm kinda used to it and I've yet to have a night terror or anything like that appear with it

Ok maybe once but that was just absolutely horifying

Anybody know why if I sleep on my left side I have scary as crap night mares?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 17, 2014, 10:33:30 am »

The demon on your left shoulder is punishing you for laying on him.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 17, 2014, 03:23:05 pm »

Augh, I tried to do an FILD last night but it didn't work.

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 17, 2014, 05:40:08 pm »

Well I recently dreamed that I was travelling on a kind of tram which was part of a newly constructed collective traffic system.
I almost went lucid, but at some point, I seem to have convinced my dream-self that it was completely normal and also highly efficent to have this tram go along the sidewalk, through a shop, up the stairs of an apartment building and then through the air.

This lucidity thing is tricky...

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 17, 2014, 06:08:05 pm »

Now that I think of it
I don't remember too many far fetched dreams I had

Besides when I was like 7

I think the craziest one I've had within the past 10 years (and that's disclosing nightmares, this one is just a normal dream)
Was a turtle that kept changing colors, was wearing a bandana that changed between red and blue.
I was looking down at the turtle from the sky but progressively tilted down till I was eye level with it at the end (I was behind it though)
And the whole dream was it walking up a hill and then when it got to the freshly planted sapling at the top it looked out from the hill onto a city filled with burning skyscrapers and plums of smoke
Then I woke up .-.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 18, 2014, 04:07:41 pm »

Had some minor luck with Lucid Dreaming last night.
Had a dream about Disney Products where my nephew asked me who my favorite Disney Character was...I told him that it was actually Several and the dream began spawning them, thing is I could Influence mental how they appeared and where, as if I were bending reality.
Finally i put on a Blue Wig that made me look like Aqua from KHBBS...

Bizarre but at least I had control over the dream's flow.
The bad thing is I overslept by a huge amount...this makes me concerned that Lucid dreaming might not be a good idea for me if I'm on a schedule
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2014, 05:49:05 pm »

Are you sure it's not just you remembering your dream better because you overslept? Because that always happens when I somehow disturb my sleeping pattern.

Unless you normally don't feel in control in your dreams, which sounds very unpleasant.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2014, 07:20:15 pm »

I'm going to try the WILD technique tonight
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21