Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30247 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: This Stuff Really Works Edition
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2014, 08:24:58 am »

I, for one, lay in bed for maybe 2-3 hours before I go asleep, just staring at the celing, and if I don't think of anything, it is really fucking boring. Because of that, I have little stories that I continue night after night, going back and changing or adding stuff for maybe a week or so until I decide I've milked everything I could possibly get out of that plot, then I go to a new one. Not sure if 'daudreaming' like that before you sleep helps at all, though.
I do this. I usually have several concurrent plotlines that I project myself into on different nights depending on what I've been reading/watching during that day.
I absolutely do this too. Can't sleep without it. Sometimes if I'm lucky they'll segue into dreams (or I'll consciously continue a dream plotline when I wake up in the middle of the night and then fall back asleep and resume dreaming while incorporating the part I consciously added, though that's pretty rare and only works if I don't wake up all the way)

I tend to be quite good about remembering my dreams. The moment after you wake up is key though - I'm much more likely to forget if I'm woken up by an outside influence like an alarm and have to immediately interact with the real world. I've also found that I sometimes suddenly remember forgotten dreams when I go back to bed the following night. Just being physically in the same position in the same place is enough to trigger the memory by association, I guess.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2014, 09:19:10 am »

Well, I'm back.

Nothing, my alarm failed to wake me up. Shoot.

I got into the habit of reality checks though, so that's a plus.

Note: You'll have more luck remembering dreams if your not using an alarm clock (it can be a little jarring). If you need one to wake yourself up for work or school, try suggesting to your mind to wake up half an hour before the time set on the alarm clock before going to sleep. You can train your mind to wake yourself up at a certain time each morning. Of course this works best if you keep to a fairly regular sleep pattern.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2014, 11:04:34 am »

If you have a regular sleep pattern and know what time your alarm goes off, your circadian rhythm will generally wake up you up 5 minutes before your alarm anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2014, 12:04:39 pm »

Alarm failed. Again.

Gotta think up a way around this.

I did have a dream, though. Non-lucid and made no sense, as is typical.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2014, 12:07:46 pm »

I'll start this tonight, maybe. Edit: MILD, because my family would get pissed off at me if my alarm rang at 4 in the morning.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:22:56 pm by Alev »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2014, 02:06:15 pm »

I'm going to keep doing WILD until I have around two pages of dream journal material.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2014, 09:24:25 pm »

I was just going to do MILD last night, but then my dog was nice enough to wake me up at 6 am, so I attempted WILD. Success was had!

I decided that in my forum log, I will fully record all lucid dreams, and just quickly summarize all non-lucid dreams. All dreams will be fully detailed in a non-virtual journal.

Shadowhammer's log, day 2
After falling asleep the first time, I had a non-lucid dream about a school competition, which one teacher made me restart all my progress four times.

I woke up at 5:45, after falling asleep at around midnight. I got up, went to the bathroom, read for five minutes, and then went back to bed. I used the tapping fingers technique.

After a while, I felt my left hand fall asleep, despite my having put it in such a position that I thought it would not. I ignored the feeling, assuming it to be simply losing feeling, but then I started actually losing feeling in my leg. Realizing that it was a different feeling altogether, I very slowly moved my hand from my chest to my stomach, where it regained some, but not all, feeling.

My whole left leg went mostly numb, but my right leg did not; only the right foot did. After a while, I started having spasms in my left knee (not very often or severe), and the occasional spasm in my right knee. After a while, the numbness spread across the left half and lower right half of my chest. I did not experience any hallucinations.

After a total of an hour and a half, these were still the only numb body parts, and my fingers were getting tired from tapping. I decided to give up, so I checked the time, rolled over, and fell asleep.

I had a dream in which I appeared to be at least somewhat lucid for parts of it, but non-lucid for other parts.
Spoiler: dream (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: tl;dr (click to show/hide)
The only part of the dream that I am certain of my lucidity was the very beginning, where the kid disappeared and I was experimenting with magic. The rest of it may have involved imagined lucidity, incorrectly remembered lucidity, a dream about being lucid without actually being lucid, etc. I am especially skeptical of it since it was only my second attempt.

I will deliberately try WILD tonight, to see if it happens again.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2014, 09:29:54 pm »

I was just going to do MILD last night, but then my dog was nice enough to wake me up at 6 am, so I attempted WILD. Success was had!

I decided that in my forum log, I will fully record all lucid dreams, and just quickly summarize all non-lucid dreams. All dreams will be fully detailed in a non-virtual journal.

Shadowhammer's log, day 2
After falling asleep the first time, I had a non-lucid dream about a school competition, which one teacher made me restart all my progress four times.

I woke up at 5:45, after falling asleep at around midnight. I got up, went to the bathroom, read for five minutes, and then went back to bed. I used the tapping fingers technique.

After a while, I felt my left hand fall asleep, despite my having put it in such a position that I thought it would not. I ignored the feeling, assuming it to be simply losing feeling, but then I started actually losing feeling in my leg. Realizing that it was a different feeling altogether, I very slowly moved my hand from my chest to my stomach, where it regained some, but not all, feeling.

My whole left leg went mostly numb, but my right leg did not; only the right foot did. After a while, I started having spasms in my left knee (not very often or severe), and the occasional spasm in my right knee. After a while, the numbness spread across the left half and lower right half of my chest. I did not experience any hallucinations.

After a total of an hour and a half, these were still the only numb body parts, and my fingers were getting tired from tapping. I decided to give up, so I checked the time, rolled over, and fell asleep.

I had a dream in which I appeared to be at least somewhat lucid for parts of it, but non-lucid for other parts.
Spoiler: dream (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: tl;dr (click to show/hide)
The only part of the dream that I am certain of my lucidity was the very beginning, where the kid disappeared and I was experimenting with magic. The rest of it may have involved imagined lucidity, incorrectly remembered lucidity, a dream about being lucid without actually being lucid, etc. I am especially skeptical of it since it was only my second attempt.

I will deliberately try WILD tonight, to see if it happens again.
Cool. Magic will be even cooler if you can focus and not get excited enough for it to work. 

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2014, 10:30:13 pm »

Gratz, ShadowHammer! Most people don't get lucid dreams that early. Destabilization is very common. You're the first person to have an LD and write about it here since the thread started. This means the wall of text wasn't a waste of time after all!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2014, 10:34:44 pm »

I'm going to attempt MILD tonight. I haven't been keeping a dream journal, so I doubt it'll work, but you never know.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2014, 10:36:39 pm »

I'm going to attempt MILD tonight. I haven't been keeping a dream journal, so I doubt it'll work, but you never know.
It's like we're connected. Anyways, I have a journal somehwere from when I first found this out, then I forgot about lucid dreaming.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2014, 11:03:41 pm »

Read about this stuff years and years ago; may as well give it a try. :P

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2014, 11:45:37 pm »

I'll just be posting to watch on this one. And I'll definitely be trying to get a lucid dream.
If only to be a wizard.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2014, 07:19:09 am »

Interesting stuff. Most control I have on my dreams is a escape mechanism in case of nightmares, which I had a bad case of :v

Might as well write what I remember of this night's last dream:
I remember it being in the style of San Andreas (which I had been playing yesterday) but I was more like Transporter's Jason Statham.
Can't remember the first part, only the last part, when I was escaling from the baddies in a motorcycle on a highway rigged to explode, so I sped towards the water. I swam to a pier where some workers were loading containers onto a ship, so I climbed exactly four containers and hid in the highest one until it loaded onto the ship, when I waved goodbye to the baddies and woke up.

One strange thing is that I slipped and fell down a lot, and I never do that in reality.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2014, 07:38:01 am »

Incidentally, I just remembered a dream I had that the guy saying he wanted to know what being a non-humanoid felt like.

It was after an inheritance cycle binge, which is why I imagine I had this dream.

Was a dragon, flew around, and couldn't get higher than about 5 feet off the ground. I felt human, though. Couldn't feel a tail, wings or anything, so I suspect it's our body's utter unfamiliarity with what having a tail would be like, or five tentacles or something that makes you feel like a larger human. After all, when was the last time you had a giant tentacle sticking out of your stomach and three eyeballs on your arse cheeks?
Interesting. Yeah, I used to think it was maybe just a limitation of how brains work, but then I had someone else inform me that they'd had dreams where they had full sensation and movement in e.g. four limbs and a tail, so I guess it's just a limitation of how my brain works. And some other people's, apparently.

Incidentally, flying by flapping your arms can still be awfully satisfying as long as you're getting the air resistance feedback like they have the surface area of wings. :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21