Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Thank You ToadyOne! Keep up the great work on those bug fixes!  (Read 3868 times)

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thank You ToadyOne! Keep up the great work on those bug fixes!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 04:25:36 pm »

Hospital zone does not respect cloth maximums-resolved

Wooo!

Do they still prefer adamantine cloth over any other cloth in the fort?
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 04:32:59 pm »

I cant find the bug report for that one.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 04:37:17 pm »

Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 04:41:38 pm »

Well, just wait, Toady got a bug killing mood.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 05:25:27 pm »

Well, it's his old-bug-fix-cycle time. It may be hard to remember, because 2012 is when this method started, to prevent both the bug tracker exploding and the player base from having a tantrum spiral :p

Speaking of which, he's tackling more ranged issues. Hopefully ranged combat will become more sensible soon :)
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 05:31:33 pm »

Well, it's his old-bug-fix-cycle time. It may be hard to remember, because 2012 is when this method started, to prevent both the bug tracker exploding and the player base from having a tantrum spiral :p

Speaking of which, he's tackling more ranged issues. Hopefully ranged combat will become more sensible soon :)

I have been here for all the bug fixes cycles. Now get off my lawn!

This next version is losing in bugs fixed only to 0.31.20 (that had 71 bugs fixed)

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 05:47:14 pm »

I'd love to see more of those old bugs cleared out, great job Toady!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 01:28:26 am »

Yep, I was quite happy to see so many old bugs fixed.  I wasn't expecting that for several releases yet, if at all in this major version, so I'm quite pleased.  I'm tempted to try a serious fort in the new version now, but I'm still kind of holding off for the release that makes it possible to gather fruit and nuts from trees.  Hopefully a few other things will get tweaked by then, like the rampant terror that runs through everyone.  :)
I feel like this too (but I have got a fort going) kinda feels hard to commit to anything with the constant threat of maybe having to delete it later hanging over you

Save compatibility hasn't been broken since 0.40.03 and there's no sign of it being broken in the future (until another major update, of course).

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 07:12:05 am »

Save compatibility hasn't been broken since 0.40.03 and there's no sign of it being broken in the future (until another major update, of course).

Eh, we've had two breaks and one non-break. I'd hold off on any major projects until he starts talking about new features on the dev logs.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Tryble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 09:36:48 am »

The projectile testing from this thread years ago has actually been utilized!
I've been using the fix from that threads ever since I found it.  It's so old by now I figured Toady never really took notice.

It's only been a few days and quite a few of the most annoying bugs are now dead.  Today is a good day.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 12:03:27 pm »

Eh, we've had two breaks and one non-break. I'd hold off on any major projects until he starts talking about new features on the dev logs.

Looking at history, breaks in bugfix releases are due to the particular kinds of bugs that corrupt saves, which have most likely all been quashed. I wouldn't worry about it.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2014, 12:25:26 pm »

I'm hoping that we won't lose save compatibility for a while yet, but more than anything I'm trying to hold off on learning all of the changes until things settle down a bit more.  In particular I'm hoping that the morale and combat stuff gets tweaked a bit more soon.  There's also a number of bugs that people still mention, like brewing being weird.

I certainly could go ahead and learn the new version, and have played it some while updating my personal mods to work in it, but I'm not really interested in playing serious forts until a few more things are fixed and the new trees are completed.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2014, 07:08:45 pm »

This next version is losing in bugs fixed only to 0.31.20 (that had 71 bugs fixed)

That has actually been exceeded now. (72 bugfixes and rising)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2014, 07:32:01 pm »

I'm ecstatic to see the bug fixed so that dwarves won't stand on spaces they're trying to build on.  I like to do lots of constructions, and that's going to be very much appreciated.  This upcoming release is going to be great.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2014, 11:55:57 am »

The hospital storage bugs and standing-in-the-construction bugs being fixed are really important to me. Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3