Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Thank You ToadyOne! Keep up the great work on those bug fixes!  (Read 3862 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wanna say thank you ToadyOne for taking time and working on bug fixes. Looking at the changelog (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/changelog_page.php) and I am seeing some really annoying and old bugs being fixed. Seeing these bug fixes makes me as excited as if it was another huge yearly release. Honestly. Please don't stop anytime soon.

This is like having another birthday present after getting your Christmas gifts already. Go TOADYONE GO! *showers ToadyOne with money*
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Thank You ToadyOne! Keep up the great work on those bug fixes!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 05:07:23 pm »

yay
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

imlovinit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 05:19:18 pm »

It's always nice to have people just stop and say thanks for all the hard work Toady does
I mean you can today reasonably expect a dwarf not to put themselves on the wrong side of a flood-gate, or run through fire. That's progress.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 05:27:36 pm »

It's always nice to have people just stop and say thanks for all the hard work Toady does

Well that, and he IS genuinely fixing a couple of gamebreakers.

No more instant bad thoughts from 'long patrol duties', where there were none. Also tons of typos being fixed.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:57:45 pm by therahedwig »
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 07:00:10 pm »

Great list of bugs squashed there, well done Toady and thanks to the people who found them and helped out with how to fix them!
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 07:53:07 pm »

Yep, I was quite happy to see so many old bugs fixed.  I wasn't expecting that for several releases yet, if at all in this major version, so I'm quite pleased.  I'm tempted to try a serious fort in the new version now, but I'm still kind of holding off for the release that makes it possible to gather fruit and nuts from trees.  Hopefully a few other things will get tweaked by then, like the rampant terror that runs through everyone.  :)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 08:34:50 pm »

Toady's doing great work. :) I have been ecstatic lately.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 10:03:12 pm »

Yep, I was quite happy to see so many old bugs fixed.  I wasn't expecting that for several releases yet, if at all in this major version, so I'm quite pleased.  I'm tempted to try a serious fort in the new version now, but I'm still kind of holding off for the release that makes it possible to gather fruit and nuts from trees.  Hopefully a few other things will get tweaked by then, like the rampant terror that runs through everyone.  :)
I feel like this too (but I have got a fort going) kinda feels hard to commit to anything with the constant threat of maybe having to delete it later hanging over you
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 10:06:30 pm »

I figured just having this game from Toady is a huge reason why I give thanks to him. He LET us play for FREE on something that is his. I absolutely love it with the world being live. I just wish I had faster ram to utilize it better. Or just a more powerful computer to fully run DF.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Extreme Boyheat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 10:21:29 pm »

This truly is a labor of love. Ever since the release of .40 it's been like an early christmas with each path.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 10:29:03 pm »

Quote from: ToadyOne
removed pet/petvalue from tigerpeople

NOOOOOO!

Well, it's very easy to mod back in anyway.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 02:41:03 pm »

Heres hoping he fixes hospitals.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 03:25:29 pm »

Hospitals completely work. There are a couple of bugs that can be dealt with workarounds, and I hope he fixes them too, but apart from that, it has been working since the DF 2012.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 04:17:31 pm »

Hospitals completely work. There are a couple of bugs that can be dealt with workarounds, and I hope he fixes them too, but apart from that, it has been working since the DF 2012.

Are you sure about that? One the bad ones is that some dwarves suddenly decide they aren't injured when they are. For example, when the alert state changes wounded soldiers will jump out of bed, cancel all treatment and then die of infection. I haven't personally seen this for a couple of years since I played a serious fort, but it's still red in the tracker.

Another horrible issue is that all doctors eventually become unskilled peasants, because you can't injure enough dwarves to keep their skills from decaying. Skill gain has obviously been changed in this version so this one may have gone away, but those are two bad examples of hospital bugs.

Not to just come here and complain, I have to say it's very exciting to see all these years old bugs turn green!
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 04:21:27 pm »

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!

Hospital zone does not respect cloth maximums-resolved

MUAHAUAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3