Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.24 with Dwarf Therapist/DFhack  (Read 164669 times)

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.13 with Dwarf Therapist
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2014, 08:33:43 am »

I just fired up the new PyLNP for linux, my first foray into DF with the new version.

My key bindings seem to be all screwed up though, there are duplicates for the main actions. Just take a look at this screenshot:

Obviously this makes doing basic things impossible. I've ensured the Vanilla DF keybindings are selected in LNP, and I loaded up vanilla DF, and the key bindings are fine. So its definitely some sort of LNP/dfhack issue.

Anyone know whats up?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:35:20 am by rmblr »

Beautato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Newb Pack Linux
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2014, 12:12:10 pm »

:P so my powersupply failed in my desktop on Friday, I've been waiting for a replacement and using a 7 year old dell laptop with ubuntu installed in the meantime. Sorry about the slow update. I am working today to get 40.14 on the website. Then I am waiting for the 40.15 dfhack :D

Just a heads-up, I'm getting untrusted connection errors with your site, Beautato. Seems like the certificate info is invalid.

thanks for the heads up, i was temp hosting on a dev-group website. I move the files, forgot to change the links.

http://www.lazynewbpack.com/linux/ is the main page for the linux version right now.

Do the downloads on Github work?

I believe they should. I am trying to keep them in sync with the ones on the website.
 I am posting the downloads to the github and then updating the DFFD link, and then i update the webpage last.

I just fired up the new PyLNP for linux, my first foray into DF with the new version.

My key bindings seem to be all screwed up though, there are duplicates for the main actions. Just take a look at this screenshot:

Obviously this makes doing basic things impossible. I've ensured the Vanilla DF keybindings are selected in LNP, and I loaded up vanilla DF, and the key bindings are fine. So its definitely some sort of LNP/dfhack issue.

Anyone know whats up?

The keybinding files /LNP/keybinds/Classic_LNP.txt is a little messed up, accidently turned it from UTF-16 to UTF-8. It had since been updated here You can also use the new LNP key-binding, or  default vanilla one here.

will post the download for 40.14 when its tested.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2014, 03:32:29 pm »

Problems with incorrect keybindings on Linux are often due to using an outdated version of libgraphics.so.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.14 with Dwarf Therapist
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2014, 08:13:25 am »

Alright. Got it solved, using the new 0.40.14 pack.

On Fedora 20 I had to remove df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6 and copy my own compiled libgraphics from svenstaro's repo and now its working. Huzzah!

blastrogath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2014, 01:09:08 am »

It seems that some all of the DL links on "http://www.lazynewbpack.com/linux/" are dead.

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2014, 06:48:40 am »

I got the PyLNB pack. I had a bit of trouble and had to copy settings from my normal installation in the DF folder to get my normal tileset and colours to work again. Now DF crashes in custom world-generation. Advice?

Acebulf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2014, 10:22:21 pm »

I'm having problems on openSUSE 13.1 / 13.2 (was on 13.1 up until 13.2 was released, but the problem occurred with both)

When I launch, it yells at me for not having getcap, which I have, and then it states No Protocol Specified, which I do believe is a problem with xorg.

Is there someone that managed to set it up under openSUSE that could give me a hand, cause I've tried pretty much everything to no avail in the last week.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2014, 07:18:31 am »

I'm not on opensuse, but a random guess, do you have the x86 versions of libcap and whatever package getcap is installed? You probably need them instead of the x86_64 versions.

Acebulf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.15 with Dwarf Therapist/DFhack
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2014, 08:05:15 pm »

Ok so apparently libcap-prngs was the library to install.

Nevertheless, I now get this error: (Note: My name is not michael, not is my user named michael, idk where that comes from)

Code: [Select]
Note: Failed to read JSON from PyLNP.user, ignoring data - error details follow
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.json_config", line 26, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'PyLNP.user'
  File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.lnp", line 74, in __init__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/tkgui.tkgui", line 110, in __init__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1748, in __init__
_tkinter.TclError: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:59:26 pm by Acebulf »

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2014, 04:37:39 am »

Ok so apparently libcap-prngs was the library to install.

Nevertheless, I now get this error: (Note: My name is not michael, not is my user named michael, idk where that comes from)

Note: Failed to read JSON from PyLNP.user, ignoring data - error details follow
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.json_config", line 26, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'PyLNP.user'
  File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.lnp", line 74, in __init__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/tkgui.tkgui", line 110, in __init__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1748, in __init__
_tkinter.TclError: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

That name comes from the path where I built the executable, so don't worry :)

The relevant error here is the last one; Tcl/Tk can't see how to talk to your X server because the $DISPLAY variable is missing on your system.

I don't know enough about your system configuration to be able to tell you why that variable isn't being set (it should be, as long as X is running and using the display); some Googling suggests you may need to install a video driver, or if all else fails, set it yourself (export DISPLAY=:0.0 is usually correct).

Of course, if there isn't any X server running, that'd be the reason it doesn't work. The launcher doesn't have a text-mode interface (at least not yet).

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2014, 04:52:27 pm »

/bin/sh: symbol lookup error: /bin/sh: undefined symbol: rl_signal_event_hook
Exception in Tkinter callback
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1473, in __call__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 37, in run_df
Exception: Failed to launch a new terminal.

Help please. I did some searching but it didn't turn up anything. I'm on Arch Linux (x64) I tried putting the built lib from dwarf fortress unfuck in pylnp but that didn't help.

I can also play dwarf fortress from the arch repositories / packages just fine, however I don't know what's been done to those. Copying some stuff from that working DF copy to LNP also didn't help.

To be clear, pressing play results in the above error.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2014, 05:38:02 pm »

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1473, in __call__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 37, in run_df

Help please. I did some searching but it didn't turn up anything. I'm on Arch Linux (x64) I tried putting the built lib from dwarf fortress unfuck in pylnp but that didn't help.

I can also play dwarf fortress from the arch repositories / packages just fine, however I don't know what's been done to those. Copying some stuff from that working DF copy to LNP also didn't help.

Apparently there's a known incompatibility between Python 2.7 and readline 6.3; the pre-built executable is using a bundled Python 2.7 interpreter, so if you have the latter installed, that would cause it.

It looks like Python has been updated to fix it since then, so I'll try to get that version installed for the next build

A workaround until then is to either disable DFHack (which will also disable TWBT), launch DF manually, or you can grab the source code for PyLNP and run it from source (it should also work with Python 3, if you prefer that).

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2014, 05:56:59 am »

Apparently there's a known incompatibility between Python 2.7 and readline 6.3; the pre-built executable is using a bundled Python 2.7 interpreter, so if you have the latter installed, that would cause it.

It looks like Python has been updated to fix it since then, so I'll try to get that version installed for the next build

A workaround until then is to either disable DFHack (which will also disable TWBT), launch DF manually, or you can grab the source code for PyLNP and run it from source (it should also work with Python 3, if you prefer that).

Thanks Pidgeot. Wonder how you found that. I do indeed have readline 6.3. I'll try running from source. See if I can tinker the pack back together. Otherwise thanks trying to update the version next pack. DFHack is the only reason I'm not just running the package available in the arch repo's ;]

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2014, 12:12:24 pm »

Thanks Pidgeot. Wonder how you found that. I do indeed have readline 6.3. I'll try running from source. See if I can tinker the pack back together. Otherwise thanks trying to update the version next pack. DFHack is the only reason I'm not just running the package available in the arch repo's ;]

The source code can be placed directly next to the existing PyLNP binary, or in a subfolder of your choice - and as long as you copy/don't overwrite the PyLNP.json file from the pack, it'll behave exactly like the binary is supposed to (other than the handful of minor changes there have been since the last build, assuming you don't just grab the 0.7.1 source).

Ucarty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2014, 05:55:25 am »

The source code can be placed directly next to the existing PyLNP binary, or in a subfolder of your choice - and as long as you copy/don't overwrite the PyLNP.json file from the pack, it'll behave exactly like the binary is supposed to (other than the handful of minor changes there have been since the last build, assuming you don't just grab the 0.7.1 source).

I was a little confused. You mention copying the source, I assume that running 'launch.py' in what I then need to run, then you mention it would behave like the binary, that confused me but I just discovered the existence of that binary, downloading the launcher from bitbucket (not cloning the source), tried that as well. Both give me a different problem. With the source code and binary, things  look fine, the program identifies the utilities, knowns where the df folder is etc, so all seems to work. However launching gives different errors with both python 2.7 and 3 and the binary. Python3 talks about a type error for 's' in program_is_running, 2.7 talks about something with an unsupported buffer also citing various lines, the binary results in:
/bin/sh: symbol lookup error: /bin/sh: undefined symbol: rl_signal_event_hook You can find the full trace from python as well below, however I get the feeling I might be messing up somehow.

Should I maybe contact you in private or find you in some irc channel? I'm beginning to feel I'm spamming the this thread with information that'll only benefit me.

Python2.7
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Python3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks for all the help man! I tried reading your code and figuring things out myself, but it seems to be going nowhere. :/
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22