Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 256082 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #945 on: August 27, 2014, 06:04:54 pm »

THere would be no disadvantages since If town , you ability would have likely affected scum too. If it didn't it would be completely useless save for screwing your teammates. So, if you are town and your ability affect scum, then the lockdown also remove the NK from the game and transform it in a day game exclusively, barring some scum being immune and whatnot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 27, 2014, 06:06:42 pm »

-_-
That's what it does. It affects everyone else but me.
THere would be no disadvantages since If town , you ability would have likely affected scum too. If it didn't it would be completely useless save for screwing your teammates. So, if you are town and your ability affect scum, then the lockdown also remove the NK from the game and transform it in a day game exclusively, barring some scum being immune and whatnot.
So isn't that a good thing? For everyone BUT SCUM!?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 27, 2014, 06:08:29 pm »

Yes. It's such a good thing that scum basically lose there and then.

Which means it'S not happening, because Wuba is not crazy.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 27, 2014, 06:18:04 pm »

MBP, do you honestly believe scum would so openly claim that they used such an ability?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 27, 2014, 06:18:20 pm »

But you don't know what scum have for that matter, unless you are arguing from the scum viewpoint, amongst many other possibilities. :I

And whoever said that it becomes complete lockdown? Either I've missed a post with that idea or I'm really missing it. Where was it mentioned that Toaster can /"complete lockdown"\. It's an Auto--knowing TOaster steals auto's, anyway.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 27, 2014, 06:24:34 pm »

NQT can control luck with his auto- wherever there is a random chance, he chooses the outcome of it. So a 50% chance of a player not being able to use their ability? He makes it 100%. Toaster confirmed with Webadict he could do this.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 27, 2014, 06:25:25 pm »

Cheeetar

Sure. The ability by itself is annoying, nothing more. It's the combo it opens that's OP. It's not a good idea to do, but assuming perfect play is not the way to win at mafia. Saves themselves over getting revealed by a cop, at the very least.

TIruin

That's why i asked you to read. It's been explained by Toaster. He can manipulate luck, and just say that panic has 100% chance of working and staying there. There you go, complete lockdown.  He could be lying about it, but his claim fits with my inspect from N2, so i'm inclined to believe him.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 27, 2014, 06:31:40 pm »

Tiruin, MBP: Toaster claims to have gotten this confirmed by Webadict. Shouldn't we at least give it a chance of a flawless town victory? And also lynch Toaster for his revive so he can't screw us over quite as badly if he so wishes?
I've played some mafia.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 27, 2014, 06:39:29 pm »

Holy crap at the amount of heat ......

MBP, i dont helieve you can tell poeple alignment from their power. Someone say that to me when i talked about mass claim. I dont think lockdown is a scummy power per say as if only scum got to act everynight then.... That op too. Also you ask why tirurin cant explain how her poer is town, would you want to try explain why flabort one shot is town as everyone seem to think it is scum also.

Toaster, I still only half believe you lockdown claim. It seem ridiculousely op. I dont think it is impossible that it is real but maybe i have it greater purpose. So how does redacted work? Do you choose the power if the dead guy have more than one auto? Also wold you be so nice and radom my power back at me *puppy face*

Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 27, 2014, 06:44:34 pm »

Tiruin, MBP: Toaster claims to have gotten this confirmed by Webadict. Shouldn't we at least give it a chance of a flawless town victory? And also lynch Toaster for his revive so he can't screw us over quite as badly if he so wishes?
I'd not go with lynching TOaster given MBP//TolyK's claims on him, meaning I'm against Toaster being killed in that manner, if he's non-scum. TolyK's claims as a {Town/Neutral} note.

So...yeah, why not? Block me though if you want to be skeptical, not that I mind. I'm able to full inspect (or...alignment inspect as a night action? Unsure what 'inspect' means though) if the # of players = 13. Below this, and I'm nominally useless.

Unvote.

Though let me get my facts straight.

Toaster. [Reference] He has probably stolen from four people:
> Has NQT's Auto which lets him 'control' "probability". To the extent of how it works, as well as how far the Auto power goes, is unknown however. (ie Is it personally controlled or can it, somehow, control others, given that its contextually an "Auto"). [NQT]
> Something from Persus13 (see above)
> Has a Revive. [Flabort]
> Something from Shakerag

General query: Can someone counter check what Flabort said here, however? Specifically this line:
Shakerag I'm going to get lynched today. I will revive. What is your emotional reaction to this? Also, who else do you suspect of being scum?
Err, as in, Flabort reviving and all.
It would be weird that a Survivor gets such a power as 'steal all autos' but -_- TolyK and Puppet.

Problem is, I'm unsure where it was stated (compared to the believability where everyone else is talking about) that TOaster can affect that 'lockdown' idea on everyone else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 27, 2014, 06:48:45 pm »

This being after Webadict was active and Toaster asked for clarifications on if lockdown was possible:

Clarification is in; we are go for lockdown.  I sent in the request to lock down everyone, pending further plans being made :).
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 27, 2014, 06:51:11 pm »

This being after Webadict was active and Toaster asked for clarifications on if lockdown was possible:

Clarification is in; we are go for lockdown.  I sent in the request to lock down everyone, pending further plans being made :).
\o/
So...this means? Given that tomorrow seems like massclaim day and the request is put in (if a bluff, it's a real tough one), anyone up for Massclaiming today as an idea?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 27, 2014, 06:52:18 pm »

Tirurin flabort revive when someone day kill him at d1 extend. He later say that his power work once per cycle

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 27, 2014, 06:52:48 pm »

Oh i i think we could us another extend

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 27, 2014, 06:53:45 pm »

I'm up for a mass claim on Day 4, if and only if Toaster's plan works. Given that he could screw us over, and as a survivor it'd just help his wincon, I think we should lynch him today so we can threaten him with a day 4 lynch if he doesn't go through with complete lockdown.

And yeah, extend.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 123