Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 87901 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - Just a little TRIPLE kill
« Reply #840 on: August 12, 2014, 01:10:07 pm »

why did we shoot Toaster before he used his free-cleanse

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 12, 2014, 01:11:10 pm »

Well, at least one scum died.  Now to find the last one...

TolyK: unfortunately for you, this leaves you as my current suspect for scum, since Reverie, Toaster, and Jiokuy all died and MOWE is, in my opinion, less likely to be scum than you due to the fortune teller thing.  At this point, I don't have a strong scum read on anyone, so it comes down to "who do I think is most likely to be scum", and you're the only person I don't have at least a slight town read on.

why did we shoot Toaster before he used his free-cleanse
Toaster had plenty of chances to, he just didn't.  He was on yesterday.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 12, 2014, 01:14:25 pm »

I think it's probably TolyK too.

It's not Flabort, 4mask, or Scripten. That leaves TolyK or Silthuri.

What do you think Silthuri?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 12, 2014, 01:15:27 pm »

It could maybe be Scripten now that we know Varee was town, but their initial build was pretty town-y.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 12, 2014, 01:33:11 pm »

Alright, I've graverobbed those folks.
Here is what I have:

5xp, Kill Immune, Free-Graverob, Prolific, Flexible, Minimalist, Blatant.

I am not scum, though that obviously wouldn't convince you.

Only confirmed town is Flabort.

Wait a minute there. JIOKUY DIDN'T HAVE BLESS ON HIM.

Let's examine.

Blatant x3
Bless (!!!!)
Cleanse (toaster)
Dense
Flexible x3 (toaster, jiokuy)
Free x2 (lots)
Grave-dig
Hardcore x2 (reverie, toaster)
Inflate
Innate
Intermittent ( )
Magnetic (jiokuy)
Minimalist
Scan (reverie)
Silent (??)
Unable to vote (Kinda sure this is TolyK because my action seems to have been processed before 4mask's)

Spoiler: NQT Post (click to show/hide)

Reverie, Inquistive PI, Ochre, TOWN
Count 2
Free-Patrol -4
Scan -1
Hardcore +1

Jiokuy, Self-Regarding Mime, White, 2xp, SCUM
Flexible 2
Free-Copy-Cat 4
Magnetic -2
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Thus 4mask's idea was not completely done with.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 12, 2014, 01:37:19 pm »

TolyK: An interesting objection, but hardly a pertinent one.  My guess is that Jiokuy bought the copycat at the last minute, when it looked like he would be killed, in order to try and take a townie down with him.  It seems counterproductive for him to have had copycat and magnetic before that.

And if he didn't have the bless, then who would you propose does have it on hand?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 12, 2014, 01:47:27 pm »

Someone other than Flabort.

I think now is a good time to reread the thread for everyone.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 12, 2014, 02:00:26 pm »

I'm thinking... Toony, when I changeling'd you by mistake, have you done anything since? Bought off anything? Sold anything?
Probably not, eh.

Wolf, I proposed earlier that you may have been scum leading me around by the nose; While I doubt that, it's a possibility to consider.

Silthuri is a possibilty, but with the fortune teller results, it seems unlikely; they could have been fabricated, with the bless thrown in to throw us off the trail. I'm not sure she'd do that, though.

Scripten couldn't have bought a new role yet, due to dense, but could be considered suspicious; What if he was playing the ultimate survival scum, and his role was made to blend in and appear town?

TolyK does seem the most likely to be scum right now, though. He's immune to vig, used to have blood-thirsty and unable to vote (At the same time? How would that have worked?), and somehow has way too much XP.

If we lynch TolyK and he's not scum, I'm thinking I'm going to kill Toony and Silthuri, leaving Scripten, 4mask, and I, and we'll have LYLO with a confirmed towny and two unknowns.

PPE:
Someone other than Flabort.

Well, yeah, it's not me. And yeah, rereading is a great idea.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 12, 2014, 02:08:15 pm »

TolyK did you get kill-immune after we devised the vig plan? That's dumb. Why would you do that.

Naaaah

I'm thinking... Toony, when I changeling'd you by mistake, have you done anything since? Bought off anything? Sold anything?
Probably not, eh.
I bought scan and bloodthirsty with the 2xp I had. I can't even do anything this phase unless I buy off intermittent, but like hell I would waste xp on doing that, plus it confirms I didn't do shit this phase.

If we lynch TolyK and he's not scum, I'm thinking I'm going to kill Toony and Silthuri, leaving Scripten, 4mask, and I, and we'll have LYLO with a confirmed towny and two unknowns.
Absolutely fine with this. Heck, you could shoot everyone but yourself to net us the win.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 12, 2014, 02:09:18 pm »

I think that makes this game fundamentally broken. NQT, only allowing one mafia-kill allows town to create a super-vig for an easy win.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 12, 2014, 02:10:45 pm »

I can't even buy off intermittent can I? I forgot it's -2 so I'd need to pay 4 xp.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 12, 2014, 02:22:10 pm »

I, personally, am still fairly suspicious of TolyK for lying through his teeth about the unable to vote. Perhaps I missed the explanation of this, but he first lied about saving his vote and then he wouldn't say how many votes he has, then it was eventually revealed he couldn't vote. This has just been bugging me for a long time.

I can use Fortune Teller again tomorrow, yes? Flabort, you may kill me if you wish after I use Fortune Teller a second time and report my results. My flip upon death will confirm my role and town will have some solid information to go on.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 12, 2014, 02:25:53 pm »

Keeping in mind creating this super vig required stealing points from a scum and a fellow town or two scum, completely wiping away most of their powers and points. I'm currently using 26 points of power right now.

Minimal points to create a vig with two kills is 10; that's prolific and kill. If I hadn't eliminated every other kill, by LUCK, then people would argue that the kills had come from multiple sources. The minimal double-vig setup, which would cripple the vig in a big way, would be almost impossible to confirm as town and just as impossible to keep alive. The scum would have surely gone into high gear looking for a double killer if there had been one and killed him ASAP.

Although... Take prolific kill with blatant, minimalist, dense, and unable to vote. Kill as close to the lynch as you can, claim the kills and blatant, and I guess someone can protect you each day. Yeah, I guess town vig's can become a slight bit overpowered.

Absolutely fine with this. Heck, you could shoot everyone but yourself to net us the win.
OK, so after killing you and Silth, if the game's STILL not over, I convince 4mask to help me hammer a no-lynch, so that I can kill him and scripten?
Oh, but what if someone gets kill immune? And they're scum?

PPE: Yeash. Never thought I'd actually see so much willingness to die.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 12, 2014, 02:40:17 pm »

Keeping in mind creating this super vig required stealing points from a scum and a fellow town or two scum, completely wiping away most of their powers and points. I'm currently using 26 points of power right now.

Minimal points to create a vig with two kills is 10; that's prolific and kill. If I hadn't eliminated every other kill, by LUCK, then people would argue that the kills had come from multiple sources. The minimal double-vig setup, which would cripple the vig in a big way, would be almost impossible to confirm as town and just as impossible to keep alive. The scum would have surely gone into high gear looking for a double killer if there had been one and killed him ASAP.

Although... Take prolific kill with blatant, minimalist, dense, and unable to vote. Kill as close to the lynch as you can, claim the kills and blatant, and I guess someone can protect you each day. Yeah, I guess town vig's can become a slight bit overpowered.

OK, so after killing you and Silth, if the game's STILL not over, I convince 4mask to help me hammer a no-lynch, so that I can kill him and scripten?
Oh, but what if someone gets kill immune? And they're scum?

PPE: Yeash. Never thought I'd actually see so much willingness to die.
Hammering a no-lynch if they don't turn out to be scum is acceptable to me.  Scripten can't buy himself immune to kills, so I am willing to die to let the town win.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 12, 2014, 02:49:07 pm »

Wait, I'm at hammer-1 again? Seriously?

I obviously had kill-immune since the beginning of the game.
I JUST said that I graverobbed 12 points of powers, can't do anything else today.

Do not want to be hammered. Toony, why'd you do that?
Extend.
Pfp
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 64