Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 88048 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 1 - Slow Dancing for the Doge
« Reply #600 on: August 05, 2014, 01:55:13 pm »

Someone power swapped their scan for my track. May I ask who it was?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 2 - The Hazards Of Love
« Reply #601 on: August 05, 2014, 02:34:17 pm »

Uh, NQT, did you recieve my later PMs? I had changed my queued actions in accordance with 4mask's and I's plan.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 05, 2014, 02:38:22 pm »

Someone just gave me Inflate through some power or another. That means I have one action I can use this round, I think. No need to reveal who it was, but does anyone have thoughts on which powers should be inflated?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 05, 2014, 02:49:35 pm »

Well, since it seems that it's too late to do what I was going to do now, I will have to revise the plan.
I'm going to sell the entire Free-innate-changeling power. I no longer have Flexible due to this mistake, so I only get 5 points. That's enough to buy Prolific still, and I still have the kill, so I can still kill two targets.
However, now I'm blatant and kill-immune from that mistake, so there's no need to protect me.

The mistake being that I accidentally changeling'd Puce. Because that had been the first action I'd queued up, and NQT didn't apparently receive my later PMs; I can, however, salvage the mistake.
The Cyan Menace

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 05, 2014, 03:04:06 pm »

Well, since it seems that it's too late to do what I was going to do now, I will have to revise the plan.
I'm going to sell the entire Free-innate-changeling power. I no longer have Flexible due to this mistake, so I only get 5 points. That's enough to buy Prolific still, and I still have the kill, so I can still kill two targets.
However, now I'm blatant and kill-immune from that mistake, so there's no need to protect me.

The mistake being that I accidentally changeling'd Puce. Because that had been the first action I'd queued up, and NQT didn't apparently receive my later PMs; I can, however, salvage the mistake.
Here's the thing.

You can't do that.

You used the free part of your changeling, so as far as I know the only part of that you can sell is the innate portion.  This means that you would have to sell your kill immune in order to operate the plan (at a cost of six, that'll give you three points, plus the one for innate off of changeling).  Which would leave you more vulnerable, but still able to use the plan.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 05, 2014, 03:07:48 pm »

Someone just gave me Inflate through some power or another. That means I have one action I can use this round, I think. No need to reveal who it was, but does anyone have thoughts on which powers should be inflated?
Bloodthirsty. It helps scum a lot by getting extra points.
Or changeling, to help stop more random people being changeling'd.

Also, much disappoint, huh, scum?)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 05, 2014, 03:20:34 pm »

Here's the thing.

You can't do that.

You used the free part of your changeling, so as far as I know the only part of that you can sell is the innate portion.  This means that you would have to sell your kill immune in order to operate the plan (at a cost of six, that'll give you three points, plus the one for innate off of changeling).  Which would leave you more vulnerable, but still able to use the plan.
Yup, just got the PM reminding me about that.
However, I have 1 XP, I could... uh... I'll figure out a way to buy prolific, don't worry.
The Cyan Menace

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 05, 2014, 03:24:08 pm »

Someone could gift you something to sell, it just points. But I'd be really wary to do that...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 05, 2014, 03:32:55 pm »

Nah. You couldn't due to Minimalist. Because I accidentally changeling'd (and NQT has apologized for not seeing my change of plans (and repeating that I seem to be the only one he's messing up with)), I have a power I can sell to buy Flexible, and I can sell Innate from the two powers I have (hopefully), and buy my Prolific. If that doesn't work, I could still sell Kill-immune, but I'd be wary of that.
I'm done changeling'ing everyone now anyways.

Oh, Puce was probably town. Blatant, Minimalist, Bloodthirsty, Kill-immune. Unless that was a anti-vig build for the scum. No actual powers, so blatant has no effect, minimalist because who would gift anything to them, obvious why bloodthirsty and kill-immune.

The Cyan Menace

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 05, 2014, 03:48:40 pm »

I'm going to hazard a guess that puce was Toonyman.  It wasn't Varee, you, Toaster, TolyK, Tiruin, Persus13, Reverie, Scripten, or myself.  This leaves Toony, Silthuri, and Jiokuy.  Toonyman made an offhanded reference earlier in the game about having a couple -1's that didn't hinder him much, so I'm going to guess that of the three, it was probably him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 05, 2014, 06:17:12 pm »

@Tiruin:
You deserved to die with that build, town my butt!

Someone power swapped their scan for my track. May I ask who it was?
Sounds like scum.

I'm going to hazard a guess that puce was Toonyman.  It wasn't Varee, you, Toaster, TolyK, Tiruin, Persus13, Reverie, Scripten, or myself.  This leaves Toony, Silthuri, and Jiokuy.  Toonyman made an offhanded reference earlier in the game about having a couple -1's that didn't hinder him much, so I'm going to guess that of the three, it was probably him.
I am Puce. I can confirm that Flabort changeling'd me (why did you do that). I have no powers (because of my minimalist?) and two flaws that Flabort used to have, hardcore and intermittent. Thanks for that bud.

I believe this means that non-minimalist players may have received Flabort's non-innate powers.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 05, 2014, 06:51:41 pm »

You should have received flexible... Oh, wait a second.
I had that action queued up since before Scripten even claimed anything. So before I knew anything about anyone. And NQT apparently didn't receive my change-of-plans when I sent it.
And that means that the buying-selling portion of that original plan went through, too. So anything that I could have given you had got sold to buy Innate for the Kill. Dang, sorry Toony.

Well, may as well let everyone know my mask, since that was part of the plan. I'm Turquoise, as long as I haven't been swapped.

So, masks that haven't been claimed yet, iirc:
Lemon, Ochre, Brown, White, Beige, Emerald
People who haven't claimed masks:
Reverie, Toaster, 4maskwolf, Silthuri, Jiokuy, Varee
Masks that belong to each person:
Scarlet: Persus13. Ultramarine: Scripten? Turquoise: Me! Chrome: TolyK. Puce: ToonyMan.

TolyK seems to not have been lying, but hasn't proved his innocence yet as far as I see, but neither is he for sure scum. Persus13... I still think that Scarlet had to have been scum, so...
Is everyone OK with my killing Scarlet and... Brown?
The Cyan Menace

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 05, 2014, 06:55:49 pm »

Well a few things. You want to make sure your kill targets aren't kill-immune, and you can't let the scum know who you're killing, or they may try to prevent or redirect a kill. This is one strategy where you can't be exactly honest with your target choices, if you want to be safe.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 05, 2014, 09:32:10 pm »

Apologies once again for my absence... It won't happen again. That post I promised is going to be a bit late, but it will happen.

TolyK seems to not have been lying, but hasn't proved his innocence yet as far as I see, but neither is he for sure scum. Persus13... I still think that Scarlet had to have been scum, so...

I would prefer you didn't kill brown. Unless I've been mask swapped, that's me.

Since I'm claiming my mask, I'll also say that someone stole my peek right after the 24 hour delay was up yesterday. I didn't claim this earlier because I was scared to death to have anyone know my mask. Especially if it was the scum that took it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 05, 2014, 09:34:27 pm »

Apologies once again for my absence... It won't happen again. That post I promised is going to be a bit late, but it will happen.

I would prefer you didn't kill brown. Unless I've been mask swapped, that's me.

Since I'm claiming my mask, I'll also say that someone stole my peek right after the 24 hour delay was up yesterday. I didn't claim this earlier because I was scared to death to have anyone know my mask. Especially if it was the scum that took it.
Was it replaced by anything?

I think someone is running an obnoxious free-powerswap, from the looks of things.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 64