Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 88081 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 1 - Slow Dancing for the Doge
« Reply #525 on: August 02, 2014, 08:41:13 pm »

Could scum make it look like they killed two people in one day? Look, what if their first kill actually fired today, but they had a partner with delayer who action-ed on their killer. They could then kill on Day 2 without a delay and make it look like two people were killed.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 02, 2014, 09:31:01 pm »

Could scum make it look like they killed two people in one day? Look, what if their first kill actually fired today, but they had a partner with delayer who action-ed on their killer. They could then kill on Day 2 without a delay and make it look like two people were killed.
huh.

On the other hand, Flabort doesn't have the points to buy prolific today, so he can't have fired off a kill (I think.  I seem to recall him mentioning something about using his changeling twice after the first one failed.  I could be wrong, in which case they could do that).  Which means that the scum would have somehow had to be colluding with Flabort and have another kill that they delayed in the eventuality of a plan like this, which would be really convenient and mean that I was also scum, because I would have to have told them about the plan to get us all to this state and would have to be completely lying about my role, other than unable to vote.

I grant you it's a possibility.  But not a likely one, in my opinion.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 02, 2014, 09:35:45 pm »

What about kill-immunity? Scum could lie (or be telling the truth) about having kill-immunity to prevent Flabort from proving their double kill on them. That would make the two people dying guaranteed town.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 02, 2014, 10:25:21 pm »

4mask:
Everyone: I have a possible plan.

Before he shoots twice, how do we know he's town?

In any case, Mask Swap wrecks your plan hard; we'd need some trustworthy Peek action going on as well.

Also, full mask claim now is bad because they can just block Flabort.  That said, if people would stop claiming their masks already...

It's an interesting plan, but I'm not sold on its merits.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 02, 2014, 11:17:48 pm »

I'm Scarlet, I'm currently unable to vote and someone did changeling deathsword and took his kill. And some santaed him a cleanse too.He seems to have been going for a vigilante role, but now I just have a bunch of flaws and an Inflate.
Ah. That would have been me that took that kill. I'm surprised you didn't see that during your read.
I'm also surprised that you are claiming that after not doing so for so long. We were openly plotting your demise, you know.

Does this mean you really are town, or does this mean that you're truthful scum? Or you could be lying about not reading the whole thread.
That sounds like an awful plan, and a lot of trouble for them to go through.
But with that possibility, and Persus's claim... I need to think now.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 02, 2014, 11:48:19 pm »

Hey guys, sorry about my lack of activity, as I've been busy with other stuff. Also I'm kind of confused by the setup and haven't managed to fully read through the thread. Is it still D1?

Anyway, since I don't want TolyK to hang for something wrong. I'm Scarlet, I'm currently unable to vote and someone did changeling deathsword and took his kill. And some santaed him a cleanse too.He seems to have been going for a vigilante role, but now I just have a bunch of flaws and an Inflate. So if TolyK is scum, it's not because he's scarlet.

Why is almost everyone out to get Varee?

>
- Deathsword Persus13
Well. That fixes it...

pfp

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 03, 2014, 05:04:53 am »

Well ain't that a turn of events...

Time to make an information-web...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 03, 2014, 06:31:43 am »

I'm Scarlet, I'm currently unable to vote and someone did changeling deathsword and took his kill. And some santaed him a cleanse too.He seems to have been going for a vigilante role, but now I just have a bunch of flaws and an Inflate.
Ah. That would have been me that took that kill. I'm surprised you didn't see that during your read.
I'm also surprised that you are claiming that after not doing so for so long. We were openly plotting your demise, you know.
I've read the thread since I joined, and saw the bit where you claimed and were using it to try and lynch TolyK. I said someone, because I was having issues editing the post, and because you could be scum who claims changeling that your buddy actually has.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 03, 2014, 07:46:44 am »

Wow, yesterday was busy. With the new developments and pending consideration, I'll unvote and look things over.

If it helps, I've already suspected Deathsword/Persus of being Scarlet after tracking them and spending all dance waiting for them to target someone. Their absence would explain this.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 03, 2014, 08:06:29 am »

Totally possible that the scum team took changelings to do the most damage possible.
Thus they could both be scum as well.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 03, 2014, 01:21:44 pm »

Totally possible that the scum team took changelings to do the most damage possible.
Thus they could both be scum as well.
But then they'd be counter-lynched quite quickly afterwards...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 03, 2014, 01:48:20 pm »

Not if played right, Toony - the newbie-like changlinging and then confession, taking a kill away from a vigilante and capitalizing on it as "obviously I hit scum". Obviously, they would have to be built differently in order for the plan to work. And it would be a plan made on the spot, obviously, since you couldn't predict who you hit. But hitting the absent Deathsword, who could've been checked for by the third member of the scum team, would've been even better - free abilities without the public dual-changeling mess.

And it would've great to have the person TolyK, who was acting suspicious enough that he could be accused of being scum even without having much evidence around him, be the person whose kill was stolen! Obviously, nobody would claim to be "Scarlet and thus scum" (which exactly is what Persus did - another oddity!), so unless he had a get-out-of-jail-free card (which is close to what I have) he would be screwed and scum would have a mislynch.

That's two theories. Nobody is confirmed town - nobody! Scripten could easily be a scumbuddy on an elaborate plot. Granted, not likely, but that's that.

Varee lynch seems best currently, of what I can make out. Precisely because it gives everyone more points and more time to find something out. Yes, no flip is bad, but I've figured this - we get 9 points at day end vs. scum's 3. The longer the game lasts, the more this point imbalance lasts and grows.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 03, 2014, 01:59:45 pm »

I can prove my towniness by being a super-vig, starting day 2. Obviously if I don't, I'm a lying scum and you would lynch me.

Yeah, Rev, the absence of DS/Persus does explain that much. It may also explain why I got my changeling off before the scum got their kill off, because their killer was absent.

Persus, you realize that unless you give me a good reason not to, you're probably going to be one of my Vig targets tomorrow? And I'm thinking TolyK, because I've been suspecting TolyK most of the game so far anyways.

You know what? Everyone, Put votes for the two colors each of you thinks I should Vig Day 2 in Cyan, since it's not given an official use in this game, so won't interfere with any GM Tools like Lurker Tracker or whatever. My own votes are for Scarlet, Chrome.

Obviously, nobody would claim to be "Scarlet and thus scum" (which exactly is what Persus did - another oddity!), so unless he had a get-out-of-jail-free card (which is close to what I have) he would be screwed and scum would have a mislynch.
Yeah, so I'm having doubts and second guessing myself as a result of his claim.

Persus Could you flavor claim? Your role name before and after being changeling'd, and the flavor of the event. We already know everything else about you.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 03, 2014, 03:19:05 pm »

I can prove my towniness by being a super-vig, starting day 2. Obviously if I don't, I'm a lying scum and you would lynch me.

Yeah, Rev, the absence of DS/Persus does explain that much. It may also explain why I got my changeling off before the scum got their kill off, because their killer was absent.

Persus, you realize that unless you give me a good reason not to, you're probably going to be one of my Vig targets tomorrow? And I'm thinking TolyK, because I've been suspecting TolyK most of the game so far anyways.

You know what? Everyone, Put votes for the two colors each of you thinks I should Vig Day 2 in Cyan, since it's not given an official use in this game, so won't interfere with any GM Tools like Lurker Tracker or whatever. My own votes are for Scarlet, Chrome.

Obviously, nobody would claim to be "Scarlet and thus scum" (which exactly is what Persus did - another oddity!), so unless he had a get-out-of-jail-free card (which is close to what I have) he would be screwed and scum would have a mislynch.
Yeah, so I'm having doubts and second guessing myself as a result of his claim.

Persus Could you flavor claim? Your role name before and after being changeling'd, and the flavor of the event. We already know everything else about you.

This plan makes me uncomfortable. I don't expect to be vig'd tomorrow, myself, but I'm not sure if I like the odds here. After all, we don't even know yet if the two major game-changing powers that have been set off have hit scum yet or not.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 03, 2014, 04:08:52 pm »

Hold on, massive problem with this plan.
Mask swap would kill this plan, as would redirects, protects, and immunities.
I just SEE this plan failing (at least one of the kills), then it turning out that flabort is scum anyways. Totally possible imo. Also, we know few masks of yet, and we could ourselves check for a mask-swap or just correspondence between masks and people right before shooting. This cyan-voting should still be for people, not masks.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 64