Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 88105 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 1 - Slow Dancing for the Doge
« Reply #510 on: August 02, 2014, 04:28:15 am »

Oh ffs, stupid deleted posts. Ugh.

I did not in any way mean to offend any of these players. I just meant that I've been spending too much time in mafia lately. And thanks.

Current full given claim.

I am Chrome. Have "blatant", targeted myself today. This will be seen at day end (though I initially thought it would be instantaneous, whatever). Thus, I could not have been changeling'd this day and know what is going on.  I have no vote.

In my eyes, Tiruin, I am completely right, while in your eyes I am wrong. This is what I was referencing.
I haven't even read the whole bible once, I'm currently in the midst of it.

Also of note, it will be proven today, but not before the lynch./

So leaving the rest of my questions for later...

Why did you claim your direct mask (unless someone else does :v)?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 02, 2014, 04:28:59 am »

Waitwha

Today? You said tomorrow -_-
What is this

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 02, 2014, 04:43:27 am »

It will be today, but effectively tomorrow as the result will be right at day end.

I claimed my mask as I don't feel enough danger today to outweigh the fact that I would have an easily verifiable claim. And I don't plan on doing tomorrow early either - there's the 24-hour lag.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 02, 2014, 08:53:40 am »

@tiruin I mean i just pick the longest word out of the list. It a habit i guess
this is too much for me right now .......
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 02, 2014, 12:45:08 pm »

@TolyK
Targeted yourself with what exactly?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - The First Dance Continues
« Reply #515 on: August 02, 2014, 01:07:02 pm »

Que?
Wait...Free Innate Changeling makes one copy that is free/innate, right?
So you can forever-ever-eeever~ changeling others?
Because
x/2 - Innate- (An innate power cannot be stolen, swapped, recycled or Changeling'd
is confusing in that context o_o

Also why're you targeting Ultramarine? Why target Scripten (unless I'm confusing this with his mask, rushing this post because arghh slept too long in lucid dream because tired to death yesterday :X)
It means that yeah, I keep changeling after using it. I'm not sure if the target gets a copy (I don't think they do), but I keep my copy.

I was going to hunt down a useful power set, and changeling that to scripten, un-crippling them.
Flabort again

I sent in my action on July 24, 10 AM.
It was processed on July 24, 11 AM, according to my PMs. It also had the slightly funny but momentarily alarming typo of NQT forgetting to copy-paste my Free-Innate-Changeling back into my ability list, which was apologized for and fixed.
The scum before being changeling'd was
Kill (-6), Cleanse (-2), Flexible (-2), Hardcore (+1), Intermittent (+2).

Cleanse was probably meant to interact with Magnetic so that it cleans Intermittent off, but it cleaned Magnetic off instead, I'm guessing.

We have four people who have or might have nonvoter as far as I know right now: TolyK, 4mask, Toaster, and Persus.
I still think it's TolyK. It could feasibly be Persus though, and possible either 4mask or Toaster is lying about something.
Que?
Before being changeling'd...I see no Nonvoter.
Why are you poking at nonvoters when you see the above?
Also you lost me a bit when you said the one you changeling'd is scum. It could very well be a vigilante also...
I mean, aye, the lack of someone speaking on that hypothetical behalf is concerning but...still. On a small note, it could be a vigilante ._.
I'm pretty sure a vigilante would have claimed being hit by my changeling attack.
Yeah, if you saw Nonvoter above, I'D be the nonvoter right now, and not be poking at them.
I GAVE nonvoter to my target, so they didn't have it before (in the above), they have it right now.
FLABORT ARGH writing posts post-by-post is x_x
I've already posted what I used to have and what I have now, and Blatant was nowhere in them.

Me BeforeMe now
Free Innate Changeling (10)Free Innate Changeling (10)
Inflate (1)Kill (6)
Afflicted (-2)Cleanse (2)
Hardcore (-1)Flexible (2)
Unable to vote (-2)Hardcore (-1)
Intermittent (-2)
-----------------------
Scarlet beforeScarlet now
Kill (6)Inflate (1)
Cleanse (2)Afflicted (-2)
Flexible (2)Hardcore (-1)
Hardcore (-1)Unable to Vote (-2)
Intermittent (-2)

I don't see how Blatant has anything to do with the current case?

PPE: Yeah, go to sleep. You're making less sense than usual.
...Why do you need a Free- upgrade to Changeling if you Innate'd it?

Does the free make you be able to use Changeling TWICE IN A DAY and never lose your changeling capability?
I am confus x_x
If I don't waste an action on a mask that doesn't exist and don't have intermittent at any point, yes.
Also if I don't have one-shot, if I don't have Mercenary, if I don't have generous, because Free and Innate are not immune to those flaws if I recall correctly.
Did I mention this role has the potential to be quite the jerk?

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 02, 2014, 01:20:57 pm »

Everyone: I have a possible plan.

Tomorrow, everyone claims their masks.  If we have anyone with a reflect, go ahead and use it on Flabort, since he'll need the protection.  Flabort does what he has said: sell stuff to get prolific and an innate kill.  He can then shoot the two people he finds the most suspicious.  Additionally, if we have any cleansers other than me, they can hit him with a cleanse (if there isn't a reflect) to get rid of intermittent.

Since both of Flabort's powers are innate, the only way to eliminate him would be to kill him.  While he is still alive, however, he can basically serve as two additional lynches for the town, assuming we give him the protection he needs.

It's certainly an insane plan, but it could give us a confirmed townie (him) and an almost-confirmed townie (Scripten, due to his almost confirmed role).

As such, I propose that we lynch Varee, since at the end of the day we can see if TolyK is lying.  If he is, then we hit him with some neutralization abilities.  This would also free me up to cleanse Flabort of intermittent, since I would have nothing to graverob.

So, everyone, shall we try the plan?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 02, 2014, 01:51:16 pm »

@TolyK
It won't say exactly. If this is something people would like to know as well, I can claim.

I like 4mask's plan - currently I don't see any problem with it, except cleansing might not be the best best idea for flabort if he turns out scum...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 02, 2014, 01:57:37 pm »

@TolyK
It won't say exactly. If this is something people would like to know as well, I can claim.

I like 4mask's plan - currently I don't see any problem with it, except cleansing might not be the best best idea for flabort if he turns out scum...
I would wait until after two kills are confirmed to cleanse him.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 02, 2014, 02:08:59 pm »

@TolyK

I'd like to know exactly what.

I guess I'm OK with 4mask's plan. He can hold off on cleansing for a bit until I get off my second kill, which would confirm that I can't be scum, although the protection part of the plan will fail as I have Hardcore, too. Well, I'm not sure if Reflects count for Hardcore. Oh, keeping in mind there is a 24 hour buffer each day that kills can't happen in, so my buying and selling is queued up and will happen right away, but my kills will take a tad bit longer.

If the reflect weren't part of the plan, I'd be apprehensive about revealing my mask, because I'd bet my bottom dollar that I've ticked the scum off big time.

If this plan goes off like expected, then not only would that leave me confirmed town, but 4mask, as you're the one who suggested it, wouldn't it relieve you of suspicion? Even if that's not enough, I could confirm that you'd have cleansed me of Intermittent.

So, since we can wait to kill TolyK for now, and I guess he has that revive, Varee.

PPE: Exactly.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 02, 2014, 02:17:54 pm »

Plan seems alright. Though not all of it anyway, requires further study. I'm alright with fullmaskclaim (dohoho I'm a hipster that way :^) but Reverie coined the idea before you did. :P

As such, I propose that we lynch Varee, since at the end of the day we can see if TolyK is lying.  If he is, then we hit him with some neutralization abilities.  This would also free me up to cleanse Flabort of intermittent, since I would have nothing to graverob.

Why Varee, again? TolyK lying about...what in particular?
If anyone has to ask, I seriously believe Varee is playing the newbie card sincerely, and I correlate his words and motives in turn, and not akin to a game of poker.

Since both of Flabort's powers are innate, the only way to eliminate him would be to kill him.  While he is still alive, however, he can basically serve as two additional lynches for the town, assuming we give him the protection he needs.
You mean if he gives out his mask, in that manner. :v
Also..lynches how? This whole paragraph assumes the presence of a protector though and only works if such equals the mas(k)claim (hey it rhymes!)

Hypothetical query: Why not a maskclaim now? What about Scarlet X? Given that nobody has picked up on that mask, is this akin to Edgar Allen Poe's story? [Reference]...as in, I don't see much talk about Scarlet there. What's your idea about that? I'm looking at Scarlet as...well its strange. They have Flexible for some reason yet Kill and Cleanse are not synchronized with each other--nor does it seem like whoever was marked cares to speak about it.
*checks list of people who've spoken since incident prior*
I sent in my action on July 24, 10 AM.
It was processed on July 24, 11 AM
, according to my PMs. It also had the slightly funny but momentarily alarming typo of NQT forgetting to copy-paste my Free-Innate-Changeling back into my ability list, which was apologized for and fixed.
The scum before being changeling'd was
Kill (-6), Cleanse (-2), Flexible (-2), Hardcore (+1), Intermittent (+2).

Cleanse was probably meant to interact with Magnetic so that it cleans Intermittent off, but it cleaned Magnetic off instead, I'm guessing.

We have four people who have or might have nonvoter as far as I know right now: TolyK, 4mask, Toaster, and Persus.
I still think it's TolyK. It could feasibly be Persus though, and possible either 4mask or Toaster is lying about something.
Bloodfish. That's a very reasonable amount of time past this post.
>.> My brain is too tired to think on this other than may be reasonably scum due to not talking about it or being Changeling'd.

Also its 3 am and the thought of the [Poe's] story scared me -_-
More along its art.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 02, 2014, 02:25:05 pm »

I guess I'm OK with 4mask's plan. He can hold off on cleansing for a bit until I get off my second kill, which would confirm that I can't be scum, although the protection part of the plan will fail as I have Hardcore, too. Well, I'm not sure if Reflects count for Hardcore. Oh, keeping in mind there is a 24 hour buffer each day that kills can't happen in, so my buying and selling is queued up and will happen right away, but my kills will take a tad bit longer.

If the reflect weren't part of the plan, I'd be apprehensive about revealing my mask, because I'd bet my bottom dollar that I've ticked the scum off big time.
If the last CYOM is anything to go off of, then the scumteam is probably based around the guy you just changeling'd.  What I mean is: the other two scum are likely built to act as support members, and as such will have difficulty switching their powers around to buy up the kill necessary to off you, at least not tomorrow.  Once you have proven yourself to be a good and loyal townie, the town can clear your hardcore by day 3 start, at which point we can protect you.  If you're really worried about being nk'd, you can just buy immune to kills by selling innate changeling, which, because of flexible, is easy to switch in and out.  Being immune to kills means that the only way to take you out would be lynching you, which can't happen.

Actually, a better idea would likely be to buy ressurection, so that no matter what silliness the scum try to pull you will come back to life.  This will work better because if the scum try to take bomb, you can just say "nope" and come back to life after they try and kill you with bomb.

Hypothetical query: Why not a maskclaim now? What about Scarlet X? Given that nobody has picked up on that mask, is this akin to Edgar Allen Poe's story? [Reference]...as in, I don't see much talk about Scarlet there. What's your idea about that? I'm looking at Scarlet as...well its strange. They have Flexible for some reason yet Kill and Cleanse are not synchronized with each other--nor does it seem like whoever was marked cares to speak about it.
Why not maskclaim now?  On the off chance that the scum have some power waiting in the wings that can mess up Flabort before he can do his buying and selling.

If this plan goes off like expected, then not only would that leave me confirmed town, but 4mask, as you're the one who suggested it, wouldn't it relieve you of suspicion? Even if that's not enough, I could confirm that you'd have cleansed me of Intermittent.
Whether or not it relieves me of suspicion will depend on which person you ask: why don't you ask everyone else.  Me personally, I don't care one way or the other, I will just do anything I can to help my team win while I am alive.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 02, 2014, 02:56:20 pm »

[...]

Actually, a better idea would likely be to buy ressurection, so that no matter what silliness the scum try to pull you will come back to life.  This will work better because if the scum try to take bomb, you can just say "nope" and come back to life after they try and kill you with bomb.

Why not maskclaim now?  On the off chance that the scum have some power waiting in the wings that can mess up Flabort before he can do his buying and selling.
The problem I'm talking about is counter-changeling to the first idea :P
Yeah. Innate. But still. I'd rather like it if Flabort didn't claim his mask till later, assuming the context of a unified 3-man team.
There's always that Intermittent deal to be considered anyway--Scarlet must be a scumteam-member considering that the initial setup doesn't work at all unless planned for later. Well, ok, it works but knowing Changeling doesn't count points...
and flabort's note considers the point-buy (though Scarlet before is missing 2 points?), that removes any idea of the extra-pointcount
And that Scarlet didn't speak up until this time...it doesn't bode well, at all, if they're actually innocent. Considering this detail anyway. :/

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 02, 2014, 07:42:39 pm »

Hey guys, sorry about my lack of activity, as I've been busy with other stuff. Also I'm kind of confused by the setup and haven't managed to fully read through the thread. Is it still D1?

Anyway, since I don't want TolyK to hang for something wrong. I'm Scarlet, I'm currently unable to vote and someone did changeling deathsword and took his kill. And some santaed him a cleanse too.He seems to have been going for a vigilante role, but now I just have a bunch of flaws and an Inflate. So if TolyK is scum, it's not because he's scarlet.

Why is almost everyone out to get Varee?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 02, 2014, 07:44:23 pm »

EBWOP: Sorry about some of the grammar issues in that post. Somehow I activated Num Lock or something and it kept replacing stuff when I was editing things.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 64