Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 88190 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - The First Dance Continues
« Reply #420 on: August 01, 2014, 03:35:56 pm »

That was a typo. I quality meant to type in "fine"instead of "gone" - I'm using the swipe-to-write t9-like thing for windowsphone. Those are close in keyboard placement.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 01, 2014, 03:37:17 pm »

Gone with me - as far as you know, I don't have a self-cleanse to use.
TolyK, Persus13, and Scripten: You are the last three players with a vote who haven't used them.  Who do you think is a member of the scumteam?  Vote that person.  I know it's kind of hypocritical of me to say this, but remember that the vote is one of the town's most powerful weapons.  Use it wisely, but do not squander it.
Almost definitely at least one of Varee, you (4mask), flabort.
Nah. I'm not sure I want everyone to know how many votes I have so far, and I don't see it changing any outcome that I'm not against. So, I'm using it wisely and not squandering it.
The fu...
What the hell does this mean, TolyK?

4mask:
Speaking of which, Toaster, what drove you to defend me from ToonyMan?

I'm not.  I'm attacking crappy arguments, which I will do any time I damn well please.  Since he attacked me for the exact same reason, why would you think that?  Further, why is it okay when Tiruin defends Varee, even going so far as to extend to prevent his lynch?
Tiruin isn't off the hook either, but Tiruin has defended quite a few people, attacked a few unexpected targets, and I have my doubts about the Varee lynch myself, which all in all culminates to an inability to get a read on her.  I can explain more about what I mean if you want.

I'll be keeping an eye on you, but you've assuaged my immediate concerns and I've got bigger fish to fry.  Like TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 01, 2014, 03:38:09 pm »

Oh, and nearly all of my posts will be like this (from phone).

Ppe:
Oh, and would I really be just dumb enough to change my stance in the period of 10 minutes?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 01, 2014, 03:41:38 pm »

Oh, and nearly all of my posts will be like this (from phone).

Ppe:
Oh, and would I really be just dumb enough to change my stance in the period of 10 minutes?
You didn't answer the question.  The question was what it meant.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 01, 2014, 03:42:04 pm »

Nah. I'm not sure I want everyone to know how many votes I have so far, and I don't see it changing any outcome that I'm not against. So, I'm using it wisely and not squandering it.
...so if it's not zero votes it must be two, right? Why so secretive?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 01, 2014, 03:43:58 pm »

That was a typo. I quality meant to type in "fine"instead of "gone" - I'm using the swipe-to-write t9-like thing for windowsphone. Those are close in keyboard placement.

This the answer you were looking for, 4wolf?

No, it's anywhere from 0 to 2.
I don't feel that my not giving information will hamper anyone.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 01, 2014, 03:52:06 pm »

Wow, that's what I get for not proofreading - in context it made perfect sense in ask the wrong ways. Damn.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 01, 2014, 03:56:20 pm »

You need to fix your spellchecker.

However I am partly biased in that approach--I do remember, though not the exact game though, but the instance that you intentionally commit errors if semantic/grammatical situations arise :S
I remember it when you were scum before.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 01, 2014, 04:08:51 pm »

Silthuri: To me, it seems like you've put some effort into making your reads non-confrontational. Everyone besides Varee is either town or agreeably neutral in your list, and specifically for your read of me...
Reverie: Town; she proposed a decent strategy earlier, is very active.
...you have doted on my good activity where I can most certainly say that I have not been as active as I should be.

Do you think it's worth lynching Varee given his Resurrection? Do you have any suspicions on anyone else?

Firstly, no one's really standing out aside from Varee in scumminess ( PPE: although with recent happenings, TolyK is looking slightly scummy). That's how I feel.

Secondly, I think I have a different idea on what good activity is because I've had so much experience with so many lurkers. My expectations are a bit lower than most. In my opinion, you're active.

Thirdly, I do think that Varee needs to be lynched. Although I'm still teetering on the edge because of his revive and my desire for the lynch target to at least flip and give us some answers. I'm trying to find someone else suspicious because I kinda don't want to use the first lynch to basically be useless.

Extend: All those voting Varee; explain.
Contrast and compare to the rest of us.

Does Varee's methods speak of malevolent intent or scum backing up?

I do think he's scum although, like I said, I'm kinda teetering on the edge because I don't like him having the revive yet I want a flip on the D1 lynch. Since the day spans the weekend, I'll try to compile every single thought I've got on everyone's actions. On that note, unvote.

I kinda think they were of malevolent intent. He did hit the person to attacked him first, which is some very bad luck if he did actually choose randomly.

PPE
TolyK:
No, it's anywhere from 0 to 2.

Well if you're claiming to be saving your vote when you don't even have one... that's pretty bad IMO.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 01, 2014, 04:14:59 pm »

Extend: All those voting Varee; explain.
Contrast and compare to the rest of us.

Does Varee's methods speak of malevolent intent or scum backing up?

I do think he's scum although, like I said, I'm kinda teetering on the edge because I don't like him having the revive yet I want a flip on the D1 lynch. Since the day spans the weekend, I'll try to compile every single thought I've got on everyone's actions. On that note, unvote.

I kinda think they were of malevolent intent. He did hit the person to attacked him first, which is some very bad luck if he did actually choose randomly.
Mm, alright, let's get into the gritty details then.
What makes Varee a considerable target--sans any thought of his powers at the moment--due to his posts in this thread? My read on him is wavering on townie-type (aha rhymes!) due to how he claimed and when [it was more of the follow-up that prodded me]; his votes and pokes at 4mask however, speak more of a literal newbie card (analysis of the ongoings of his post as well as how they're worded and the perceived intent and continuous feeling of it all? Yeah.) than malevolent design.

That...and if Varee is actually in a team--then-wait, I'll wait for him to answer that one question of Script's before I continue
I'll append it on my read list.

Well if you're claiming to be saving your vote when you don't even have one... that's pretty bad IMO.
It feels like a general rule to me than an opinion :P
...It's an opinion there? :o

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 01, 2014, 04:22:02 pm »

As far as votecounts are concerned, yes, it will. Surprise hammers are not especially pleasant. You're being especially evasive, by the way.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 01, 2014, 04:31:56 pm »

You're making it seem that I'm lying, when in fact I'm just not telling any information. Unless I say directly how many votes I have, I can't be said to have claimed N votes. What is the problem with that?

Tiruin, I have no spellchecker, and I'm not making up bad grammar to cover anything up. -.-

Ppe. How can I hammer if there are 7 required to hammer and the most votes a player has on them is 3?
Yes, I am being especially evasive, since I see no solid reason to give out free information if I'm not planning to use my vote today anyways (at least for the time being). Even two votes couldn't change the situation if everyone agreed on who to lynch.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 01, 2014, 04:33:43 pm »

Also, me hammering someone would be insanely suspicious, wouldn't it?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 01, 2014, 04:49:38 pm »

TolyK: You're basically saying "I'm following the letter of avoiding looking like mafia, so I mustn't be suspicious." Why don't you explain why you aren't telling us rather than expecting us to tell you why you should be?

If nothing else, how about you tell us because not telling us makes us think you're scummy?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 01, 2014, 04:54:45 pm »

Also, me hammering someone would be insanely suspicious, wouldn't it?
You're making it seem that I'm lying, when in fact I'm just not telling any information. Unless I say directly how many votes I have, I can't be said to have claimed N votes. What is the problem with that?

Tiruin, I have no spellchecker, and I'm not making up bad grammar to cover anything up. -.-

Ppe. How can I hammer if there are 7 required to hammer and the most votes a player has on them is 3?
Yes, I am being especially evasive, since I see no solid reason to give out free information if I'm not planning to use my vote today anyways (at least for the time being). Even two votes couldn't change the situation if everyone agreed on who to lynch.
For the first question: not if done well.  I'm mainly worried about you surprising us with votestealer-doublevoter at the end of the game and hammering someone at the last minute for a scum victory.  And your evasiveness doesn't help one bit.  You seem so convinced that anyone who claims anything will be hunted down and eliminated by the scum, and you are WRONG.  You use all this math to show that any given person has a decent chance to die: which applies to everyone who isn't scum.  Cool, you can math, we get it, TolyK.  Use your vote.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 64