Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 88224 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - The First Dance Continues
« Reply #405 on: August 01, 2014, 08:15:16 am »

Reverie, I'm not against a Varee lynch per se, but I don't see it being too useful. By d2 the scum team will probably be in killing position, and we will know exactly as much as we do today. This is my only argument against a Varee lynch.

Reads next post.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 01, 2014, 08:40:15 am »

Going off the voting list here...

Reverie - Not all that much in terms of content that I remember. Seemed to be trying to take a neutral approach.
Tiruin - Seems town to me so far, hadn't done anything I've seen that was suspicious.
Toaster - Unreadable as usual. Seems to be doing his usual, and there's nothing I see fishy about him. Sure must be kept on him
Persus13 -
Varee - Had created an interesting neutralizer role, used it on the first person to vote him (credit not to me), opened up after being called out (and you can't say that he had to!), then engaged in newbish activities. Really seems to me like he's playing the newbie card inconspicuously. Would be good to kill at least once, but DATA.
Wolf - Seems slightly scummy to me, hasn't dispelled that sense. Has claimed a lot of abilities and seemed certain that scum won't target him for the several days he's building up.
Toony - Self-confident and slightly ballsy, but nothing really scummy. Can't recall any logical ideas from him, though.
Silthuri - Not much content, but now catching up. Null read.
Scripten - Nearly confirmed town and basically a vanilla player. Nothing else really stands out.
TolyK - Uses alien tactics and is strange overall. Must be scum.
Jiokuy - Not much content that stands out, though fairly active. Not much of a read (
null)
Flabort - Very picky, but that's all I can really say.

@Toaster: I'd he's super-saint and revives... Uh. I'd say that seems unlikely, but that would be VERY scummy on his part and he should be vigilante meat. On the plus side, we will get a flip...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 01, 2014, 08:44:31 am »

Pfp
So one thing , i cant control whp am i hitting , masquarade did that for me
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 01, 2014, 08:45:58 am »

Ebwodp:

Toaster: sure-> eye
Persus: Nothing pops to mind. Deathsword's replacement, which doesn't tell much either.

@varee exactly, which I'd why the coincidence is so interesting. Your scum buddy could've mask-inspected (peeked?)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 01, 2014, 09:48:44 am »

Wolf - Seems slightly scummy to me, hasn't dispelled that sense. Has claimed a lot of abilities and seemed certain that scum won't target him for the several days he's building up.
Not what I said.  What I said was that I'm using the anonymity of masks to keep me from getting screwed over by the scum.  Also: if you were scum, would you try and find out who I was to kill me, or would you attempt to kill off information roles who have a better chance of unmasking you (hah, yes, I get it.  I'm the MASKED wolf.  Very funny.)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 01, 2014, 09:59:06 am »

Yes, but you seem certain that you won't get hit either way, but that's not quite...

Look. 3 scum out of 12 players. Chances of not getting hit are multiplied each night since math works.
Disregarding lynches and revives, we get this (chance of surviving 2 days): 8/9*7/8=7/9=77%
Which means a 23% chance of dying, disregarding any other factors.
23% is pretty high for that.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 01, 2014, 10:01:52 am »

Yes, but you seem certain that you won't get hit either way, but that's not quite...

Look. 3 scum out of 12 players. Chances of not getting hit are multiplied each night since math works.
Disregarding lynches and revives, we get this (chance of surviving 2 days): 8/9*7/8=7/9=77%
Which means a 23% chance of dying, disregarding any other factors.
23% is pretty high for that.
But that chance is the same whether I claim or not is the point I'm trying to make.  Any role that has to ramp up power in order to work properly runs the same risk, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Plus, I can start graverobbing tomorrow if there are any casualties, so...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 01, 2014, 10:27:37 am »

TolyK, Persus13, and Scripten: You are the last three players with a vote who haven't used them.  Who do you think is a member of the scumteam?  Vote that person.  I know it's kind of hypocritical of me to say this, but remember that the vote is one of the town's most powerful weapons.  Use it wisely, but do not squander it.

Speaking of which, Toaster, what drove you to defend me from ToonyMan?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 01, 2014, 01:14:11 pm »

TolyK, Persus13, and Scripten: You are the last three players with a vote who haven't used them.  Who do you think is a member of the scumteam?  Vote that person.  I know it's kind of hypocritical of me to say this, but remember that the vote is one of the town's most powerful weapons.  Use it wisely, but do not squander it.

I'm still trying to decide if it's worth lynching Varee when he's got a confirmed resurrect. I feel rather stupid now for not preparing for a changeling attack, for if I hadn't added that, it wouldn't take two days of work to lynch him and get a flip.

Varee: If your changeling play hadn't been brought into the open, would you have claimed?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 01, 2014, 02:49:22 pm »

TolyK:
@Toaster: I'd he's super-saint and revives... Uh. I'd say that seems unlikely, but that would be VERY scummy on his part and he should be vigilante meat. On the plus side, we will get a flip...

Oh, he's certainly scum if he has Super-Saint; there's no questioning it.  If there was any reason to believe he knew he would be getting a revive, I'd label him as scum straightaway.  Since it'd be rather hard for him to specifically target a revive, I can't label the Changeling Fiasco as anything other than a null tell.

I do have one question, though.

Varee:  Why did you target the Ultramarine mask?

4mask:

I'm not.  I'm attacking crappy arguments, which I will do any time I damn well please.  Since he attacked me for the exact same reason, why would you think that?  Further, why is it okay when Tiruin defends Varee, even going so far as to extend to prevent his lynch?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 01, 2014, 03:00:23 pm »

I was wondering when someone would get to me :v
Also PFP, caught up with latest pages--giving reads soon (in 5 or so hours)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 01, 2014, 03:19:00 pm »

Almost definitely at least one of Varee, you (4mask), flabort.
Nah. I'm not sure I want everyone to know how many votes I have so far, and I don't see it changing any outcome that I'm not against. So, I'm using it wisely and not squandering it.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 01, 2014, 03:21:10 pm »

PFP

If you don't vote I'm labeling you as nonvoter until proven otherwise. Covering it up now is only going to make you look even more scummy later.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 01, 2014, 03:29:08 pm »

Gone with me - as far as you know, I don't have a self-cleanse to use.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 01, 2014, 03:32:57 pm »

Gone with me - as far as you know, I don't have a self-cleanse to use.

Wait, you don't have a vote? Why didn't you just say this in the first place, Tolyk? You brushed aside your non-voting stance as just a personal decision earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 64