Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 87957 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - The First Dance Has Begun
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2014, 04:48:10 pm »

Scripten:
For most town, I feel like Chat is very useful. It gives some of the power the mafia has to town players.
Wait, you actually think Chat would be useful to a townie? I feel quite the opposite about it >.>
There aren't any guarantees that the person your sharing the chat with is who isn't what you thought they are, and I speak from experience. (I was once the lover of a third-party Jim).

A question: would you feel more comfortable speaking in a chat with someone of an uncomfirmed alignment or to the game at large?

There's a few ways to become confirmed town. Some more desirable than others. Either way, if you're town and you know the other person is town, that suddenly evens the odds significantly. Or, at least, I feel it would. I do feel that the scum-sides powers are much more telling than town-sided ones. I would be immediately suspicious of a town player that had gossip, for instance.

In most cases I would prefer the entire game, but I can see reasons for town players to want to cooperate privately.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2014, 06:27:03 pm »

@silthuri
It will definitely make it harder for people to believe me yas but that is just one of the cinsequences i am willing to accept
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2014, 07:51:50 pm »

Toonyman Please elaborate on why you are voting Scripten. Is it a RVS vote? I don't think you would FoS and do a RVS vote in the same post, so why do you suspect Scripten?
Why can't I FoS and RVS vote someone in the same post?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2014, 11:31:21 pm »

Toonyman Please elaborate on why you are voting Scripten. Is it a RVS vote? I don't think you would FoS and do a RVS vote in the same post, so why do you suspect Scripten?

Seeing as I've done this action before myself, I don't find it to be a problem. I am curious, though. I usually have a motivation behind all of my votes, including my RVS ones. Do you do the same thing, Toony?

And, if you do, what would you like to know of me?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2014, 09:18:51 am »

*boops Tiruin and 4maskwolf*
We haven't heard from either of you yet :V

Tiruin: Do you think the Scan power is useful? Which would be most useful to check: number of Powers, number of Autos, or number of Flaws?

4maskwolf: What would you think of a player who has the flaw 'Unable to vote'?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2014, 11:07:40 am »

The can-can, while choreographically completely unnecessary, afforded the participants little time to reflect on what horrors would soon befall them.

Masks
Lemon
Ochre
Scarlet
Ultramarine
Turquoise
Brown
White
Chrome
Black
Beige
Emerald
Puce

Guest List - Formal Requests For Unmasking
Reverie
Tiruin
Toaster
Deathsword
Varee - [1]
Wolf
Toony
Silthuri
Scripten - [1]
TolyK
Jiokuy
Flabort

Hammer is 7 votes. Day ends when the hammer falls, or Monday 4PM BST (GMT+1).

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2014, 03:42:16 pm »

TolyK What kind of music do you dance to the best?
What would you do if the tempo suddenly changed and you got changeling'd?
What would you do if someone used PowerSteal on you?
1) I don't dance particularly well, but I know how to waltz decently.
2) I'd probably try to go with the beat, but I'd likely mess up horribly. Changeling-ing would be a big change of pace.
3) I'd be surprised they guessed what I have and at the same time set back. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »

Right, so we just have the weekend and part of Monday left to discuss. OK, and this evening in most places.
But attempts to get the conversation ball rolling so far have mostly not resulted in much. So more posts!

*boops Tiruin and 4maskwolf*
We haven't heard from either of you yet :V
Technically, we have heard from Tiruin, hers was one of the earliest posts. However, she has yet to respond to any questions.
Wolf still needs to post, though, and I'd like answers from both.

TolyK What kind of music do you dance to the best?
What would you do if the tempo suddenly changed and you got changeling'd?
What would you do if someone used PowerSteal on you?
1) I don't dance particularly well, but I know how to waltz decently.
2) I'd probably try to go with the beat, but I'd likely mess up horribly. Changeling-ing would be a big change of pace.
3) I'd be surprised they guessed what I have and at the same time set back. :P
1) Right.
2) I see. What do you think of the mechanic of changeling in general? Would you be able roll with it, or would having your role completely change cause you to roll over helplessly?
3) Understandable. Which player profile do you think PowerSteal fits most? Which players would you guess to take it as either scum or town? Which players are more likely to take it as scum?

By FoSing, you imply that you have genuine suspicion of someone. By implying you suspect someone genuinely, you imply that you're ready to vote seriously. Therefor, you imply that you've moved past RVS into serious scum hunting, and that the person your voting is seriously suspicious, more so than the person you are FoSing.
So what motivation do you have to vote Scripten over me, if I warrant a FoS?

Everyone What are your feelings on the power modifiers? Which ones are most useful, and which are not worth their cost? What are your feelings on Hidden, specifically?

Reverie What do you think of Santa? Has anyone targeted you with a gift or Santa style ability?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2014, 06:55:15 pm »

I'M HERE, EVERYONE!!!!!

Wolf, who are your friends??
Quite a few people you don't know, honestly.

4maskWolf: Heyo there :D
Only one thing on my mind about you Also also hugs
What is your personal opinion regarding your own playstyle in Mafia? Do you think, based on previous events, that self-deprecation in any form is helpful to the self?
My playstyle is crap, to be honest, since I can't play the new-guy card anymore.  I'm not sure if the second question is intended for real life or game?

4mask:  Do you prefer town or scum?  What lessons from Jack's BYOR will you apply here?
That Toaster hates third parties and fake-claims.  Also, scum.

Wolf : Last time i randomly vote in D1 and you said it is scummy, So between randomly vote and abstaining which one do you think is a better play?
I said random voting and never changing it was slightly scummy.  Random vote, by all means.

@4mask: Which bastard game did you play in? (as your second game)
Smstr W/ Love, by Wuba and Nerjin

4maskwolf: If a player report were to appear at the end of the day that looked bad for that player, would you sooner suspect the player in question, or a potential gossip?
Depends on the number of reports and how suspicious it looked.  If it was blatantly suspicious, I would have a few hard questions to ask about the nature of these reports and want a backup, because the scum should be smarter than to be so blatant with their actions (pun intended).

4maskwolf How well do you waltz?
Not well, but I know a few other dances.

4maskwolf: What would you think of a player who has the flaw 'Unable to vote'?
That they have a big power hidden behind the flaw.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2014, 07:05:44 pm »

4mask In your response to Reverie, you say that not being able to vote means you're hiding a big power. Do you think there might be some better way to achieve a big power? Does being unable to vote ALWAYS mean the player that took it has a big power?

Jiokuy Almost didn't notice you, whoops. What is your opinion on Intermittent? Is it a flaw that you considered? What would you think about players who took this flaw?

Toaster What are the odds of a third party in this set-up, in your opinion? What would your immediate reaction be to finding one (4mask says you dislike them)?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2014, 07:13:46 pm »

4mask In your response to Reverie, you say that not being able to vote means you're hiding a big power. Do you think there might be some better way to achieve a big power? Does being unable to vote ALWAYS mean the player that took it has a big power?
It doesn't ALWAYS mean they are hiding a big power.  It would be more accurate to say hiding a large number of points of abilities, since, unless you're me in the last CYOM, unable to vote isn't usually taken as a solo flaw, because it's a HUGE handicap to the town and a fairly large handicap to the scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2014, 08:55:18 pm »

Flabort:
I like it. I can only see it flopping if people have falsified information from certain powers. *Checks list* Mask swap could be used just before the claim to confuse the plan; this can be countered by letting us know if your mask was swapped.

For the record, you aren't told if your mask is swapped.  You only know your initial mask, not your current.  (I assume the doge has no mirrors.)

Puce

Quote from: Wikipedia
Puce is the French word for flea. The color is said to be the color of the bloodstains remaining on linen or bedsheets, even after being laundered, from a flea's droppings or after a flea has been crushed.

Reverie What do you think of Santa? Has anyone targeted you with a gift or Santa style ability?

Fish fish fish

Toaster What are the odds of a third party in this set-up, in your opinion? What would your immediate reaction be to finding one (4mask says you dislike them)?

Nil, because I asked NQT and he said there weren't any.  Therefore, my reaction would be to call immediate bullshit and vote them until they hung.

4mask:
4mask:  Do you prefer town or scum?  What lessons from Jack's BYOR will you apply here?
That Toaster hates third parties and fake-claims.  Also, scum.

I am indeed typically hostile to them!

NQT:
Varee
NQT: if someone change mask color will be be notify the next day? or is it a secret?
You have to have Self-Peek and target yourself to know for certain if your mask has been swapped.

Let's say I started with the Blue mask, but someone swapped the Blue and Green mask without me knowing.  If I Peeked on the Green mask, would I get a failure with an obvious reason of inability to target myself, or would it be a vague failure without Circumspect?  Even without Circumspect, is an action failure result obviously different from a block?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2014, 09:51:11 pm »

Fish fish fish
Something tells me that Toaster is going to roleflip "a fish" :P

Good job those of you who get that reference.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2014, 09:52:44 pm »

What do you call a fish with no eyes?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

it involves me and I don't get it

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2014, 09:55:31 pm »

What do you call a fish with no eyes?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

it involves me and I don't get it
Yep, heard that joke before.

Spoiler: reference origin (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 64