Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 123020 times)

blazing glory

Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #810 on: August 10, 2014, 06:25:40 pm »

Ask if they are having trouble with anything.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 10, 2014, 06:43:09 pm »

[In the interest of keeping track of stuff, the known groups at the moment are:

The Tribe - Original player group.
Painted Tribe - Painted people in the forest, cannibals?
Head/Fish/Spear (Or something) - Coalition of three groups, constantly fighting.
Coolrune's Party - Foreigners from across the sea, like to trade.
Forest People - Tough, strong, keep to themselves.
Plain/Goat People - Nomadic goat herders.
Desert Civilization - Advanced bronze-age civ.

I think I'm leaving out a couple....]
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 10, 2014, 07:05:46 pm »

Head/Fish/Spear (Or something) - Coalition of three groups, constantly fighting.

handy list thanks tcm
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 10, 2014, 07:28:02 pm »

Coolrune's Party - Foreigners from across the sea, are terrified of what might happen if they don't trade.

FTFY
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 10, 2014, 08:47:40 pm »

((Which one is poketwo?))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 10, 2014, 10:06:36 pm »

Pray to the fire spirits for the forest fire to die down. Set up a colony about .5km inland. Bring everything up, and start hunting, also trying the 'farming' that one of our tribesmen discovered.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 10, 2014, 10:52:32 pm »

"If you can convince them to do that, great. If not, we could always take what we want. But I suppose the water and wind spirits must have brought their boat here for a reason. They may set up camp nearby, so that we might keep an eye on them."

Continue overseeing first contact.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 10, 2014, 11:09:42 pm »

"I think your presence may be intimidating the strangers. You may need to appear less fearsome before they flee the meeting."

Try to lower the tension of this meeting.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 11, 2014, 12:23:47 pm »

Get all my men back on the boat, and push off as quickly as possible. This meeting seems to be getting a bit heated. If we hand out more, we'll have nothing left. Keep up the pretense of staying, until we suddenly leave and head downstream as quickly as possible, to truly untouched lands for farming.

[1] By the time doing this occurs to you, the tribesmen appear to have surrounded you and your crew completely. They look eager to find out more about you and your things.

Sigh and press onwards towards the homelands with Goat. Look for anything of interest, and examine the knife I received for my trade.

Resist the wiles and lusty provocations of Goat. I have a woman at home, but Goat seems intent on claiming me. Not that there's anything against laying with animals, but human/goat offspring results in Saytrs, and I will not help in the creation of any more of those devils!

The knife appears to be made chiefly of wood, but embedded with black shards of volcanic glass, forming a rather nicely-crafted blade through what looks like a lot of polishing work. Not fragile at all, and very sharp. Quite nice.

[4] Anyhow, you continue onward, and in but a few months of sustained travel you have reached the edge of the Great Desert, and at this point the trip is likely to get more difficult. You are more than halfway there, however!

And also in the interests of humanity it shall be assumed that you have enough basic willpower to keep your hands and other things to yourself, and not feel an overwhelming need to abuse poor Goat, who's quite grown in these past months, but is still very fragile in a developmental sense.

Begin planting.

[3] The planting goes slowly, but you do plant a few berry bushes, and so does Lanku. And you have further help, to boot.

Chantutututu, somewhat confused by Lanku's unemotional reaction, considers her state of mind while sticking around to assist in this "planting" process.

[5] You suppose she's a bit busy with this whole apprenticeship thing - while chiefhood for you didn't seem to work out ultimately, she does seem to love the whole part where she's setting fire to things. She's gotten quite serious about it, too! And you suppose you need to support her, just like she supported you!

[2] Unfortunately, you're not really that much help in lugging around heavy berry bushes, though you do try to dance helpfully while they carry them around.

Begin planting.
Help plant.

[6] Your feverish efforts in helping the planting attract a lot of other workers, who notice that the only people working the island are an old man, an old woman, a young woman who hasn't much experience in hard work and the village idiot, and together with them you all populate the island with parts of useful berry bushes and good roots. You make very persuasive plaintive remarks at the spirits during the process as well, hoping to increase strife, which the other workers find quite odd.

Find out how to make better weapons

[1] You guess you need better materials. You don't have any better materials. And you cannot really afford to find any, since outside the camp a whole lot of hostile warriors await.

Make camp next to the village, and begin the world's first siege, do not leave until I can speak to the leader. Send a scout back to the Union to tell them the current situation

[3] You send one of your number back to tell the Three Tribes what you have found, and they go gladly. Meanwhile, you begin making camp, but it seems that the women of the Fisher Tribe are intent on pelting your warriors with rocks as soon as they step out of their tents. It quickly becomes very uncomfortable.

Teach Yun some more, and treat any more who are sick.

[6] Yun eagerly takes on more study, and you find his lust for knowledge increasing to the degree where he practically begins to do your job for you, testing out new herbs as cures for pains, fevers and similar things on the other tribesmen - they don't always seem to work, and there's one terrible incident with a plant similar to nightshade, but he's definitely learning much, and learning very quickly.

[2] This is good, of course, because there are sick to take care of, and he is of great help in that respect, although he does seem to revel in the profession to a degree that you do not. You wonder if that is a good thing.

Ask if they are having trouble with anything.

[4] They are, actually. They have a surplus of white goats this year - this is known to be a sign of bad luck, as white goats are much better in moderation. They are wondering if you would not take a few along with you. These goats eat anything, the tribesmen explain, and they tend to make good traveling companions in their experience. So they ask if you can take along three or so. Young ones.

Pray to the fire spirits for the forest fire to die down. Set up a colony about .5km inland. Bring everything up, and start hunting, also trying the 'farming' that one of our tribesmen discovered.

The fire seems to be on the mountain, not in the forest, but you pray for it to die down anyway, but it does not despite this.

[5] At any rate, you and your crew start a camp inland, and soon you feel very much at home on the island, until you realize that you've brought no women along. But that you can fix, and there is a lot of food to be had around here.

[4] You do start that whole strife thing Clangbunk was going on about, and soon things start growing better in areas you've worked up some strife in. Especially the ones smeared in feces.

"If you can convince them to do that, great. If not, we could always take what we want. But I suppose the water and wind spirits must have brought their boat here for a reason. They may set up camp nearby, so that we might keep an eye on them."

Continue overseeing first contact.

[2] You oversee the meeting and speak with Elto in a menacing tone, which happens to be your default tone of voice. The foreigners seem less than pleased, although by now they've been solidly encircled by the tribe and have no realistic path of escape. The fools.

"I think your presence may be intimidating the strangers. You may need to appear less fearsome before they flee the meeting."

Try to lower the tension of this meeting.

[2] You decide to speak slowly and sweetly to the foreigners to make them feel more welcome, but their inability to understand your words, mistrust of your motives and current cornered state appear to prevent you from being perceived as anything other than increasingly unsettling.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 11, 2014, 12:32:54 pm »

"I fear they may be about to lash out."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 11, 2014, 12:40:24 pm »

Rune ordered all of his men to crowd in a circle. He then stepped out, and pointed towards their boat, then made a walking in place motion, then made a rowing motion. He then made an imploring motion. AKA, Let us go, please.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 11, 2014, 12:46:24 pm »

Do some night raids on the enemy's camp

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 11, 2014, 12:48:49 pm »

Elto tries giving the strangers a gift, perhaps some of the bird claws he received along the journey.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 11, 2014, 12:59:17 pm »

"What?!" Gonjabet Uthon exclaims into the heavens. "Great Creator of the Universe! I would never dare to defile Goat, rather, it is she who seeks to defile me! Just listen to what she has to see."
"Bwwah. Bwwah." *Munch munch*
"Calm yourself, girl! There is no time for such tomfoolery, we must reach my homeland!"

Begin trek into the Desert. Travel from Dusk to Dawn, rest during the day in shelter away from the sun. Set a point to travel from oasis to oasis, stocking up on food and water while there. Harvest the occasional sweet plants that grow in the desert. Pray regularly.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 11, 2014, 01:27:15 pm »

Its been several days since we've stopped at the cairn; I think it's time to head forward once more.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 77