Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 123006 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #795 on: August 09, 2014, 01:50:27 pm »

Turn the earth.
Perform fertility ritual to aid in efforts. Make it very public, to increase relevance as shaman.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 09, 2014, 01:54:55 pm »

Go oversee the meeting with the strangers.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 10, 2014, 04:24:11 am »

Spend some time with my wife, then prepare for a new journey. See if she wants to accompany me.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 10, 2014, 05:29:43 am »

give up and fall into alcoholism myself
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

blazing glory

« Reply #799 on: August 10, 2014, 05:41:37 am »

Offer a trade of food for medicine,make sure not to say anything about goat meat or such.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 10, 2014, 11:20:00 am »

Bow, as is the culture of our people, and speak politely in our language, asking if they can understand us. If the answer is obviously no, then quickly take a spare tool from our supplies that we do not need, and hand it to the tribe, as a gift.

[6] You hand out some of your bronze tools to the tribe, and this catches their attention most admirably. They seem to want more, however.

Go on the island carefully. ((Metagaming ho! That 6 makes me cautious.)) Bring any weapons if we have them, especially my old bow if we have it. Beach the ship.

[6] You land on the island without issue, beaching the ship and heading out into the woods - the island is very hospitable, you find, with lots of indigenous animals and interesting herbs. The trees are tall, and the area seems completely untouched by human activity up to this point. Or so it seems at first - a quick look up at the mountains reveals a bit of smoke coming from it, though why somebody would live there rather than in these woods eludes you.

Trade them my hair for the knife. I was planning to shave it anyways. Ask if I could have some cloth as well so I could make a new turban, as my old one was lost during my capture.

Afterwards, press northern onward with me and the goat.

[5] They provide you with actual cloth free of charge - hemp, you believe. You quickly make yourself a proper turban out of it, and head out north after thanking the tribesmen.

[2] Grasslands eventually turn into woods, and you are fairly certain that your destination is, while closer than before, still incredibly far away.

Chantu performs a dance of gratitude to give thanks to the spirit of nature.  He blows through the skull as he does so, noticing that it is preferable to dance with the oddly pleasing noise than without.  He continues to blow through the skull as he dances to Lanku and gifts her the artifact.

[1] Lanku looks at the artifact, accepts it without saying much, then goes off to help Clangbunk.

Turn the earth.

[5] With Lanku's help you turn over the earth along the entirety of the island over the week's period as well as topple any trees in the area, creating a nearly cleared bit of land in the middle of the river.

Prepare for any raids from the enemy's war party

[5] You fortify your camp and position, and prepare men and women alike for battle with the best weapons and words of encouragement you can muster.

Meet with the strangers, seeing if they speak any of the various trade languages known to us. If not, use gestures.

[6] They do not speak any of the trade languages, but they do seem to very much understand that you want their things, and seem vaguely intimidated by the interest as well.

Turn the earth.
Perform fertility ritual to aid in efforts. Make it very public, to increase relevance as shaman.

[4] You publicly go to Clangbunk and Lanku's little death island and perform a protracted ritual of spiritual agitation, calling the spirits to behave in a warlike fashion within the ground while spraying water along it with a gourd. Lanku seems to enjoy the show, and the other tribe watches as well. You're not sure how impressed they are, but you think it was a worthwhile gesture nevertheless.

Go oversee the meeting with the strangers.

[2] You're not really sure what's happening there. If they want the foreigners' stuff, why not just kill them already and take it?

Spend some time with my wife, then prepare for a new journey. See if she wants to accompany me.

[2] You realize that you do not really enjoy spending time with your wife all that much, considering you have little to talk about.

[6] She does seem very enthusiastic about going on a journey with you, as she hopes that will be more interesting than the rather boring home life you two seem to have.

give up and fall into alcoholism myself

[2] You would, but you do not seem to have enough alcohol, and Conrak does not wish to share his stash.

Offer a trade of food for medicine,make sure not to say anything about goat meat or such.

[3] They seem to have enough food, and you have enough food. They have enough medicine, and you have none. You need to come up with a more equal bargain, you feel.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 10, 2014, 11:27:17 am »

Get all my men back on the boat, and push off as quickly as possible. This meeting seems to be getting a bit heated. If we hand out more, we'll have nothing left. Keep up the pretense of staying, until we suddenly leave and head downstream as quickly as possible, to truly untouched lands for farming.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 10, 2014, 11:44:16 am »

Sigh and press onwards towards the homelands with Goat. Look for anything of interest, and examine the knife I received for my trade.

Resist the wiles and lusty provocations of Goat. I have a woman at home, but Goat seems intent on claiming me. Not that there's anything against laying with animals, but human/goat offspring results in Saytrs, and I will not help in the creation of any more of those devils!

[The latter is a bit of insight into the religion/culture of the Desert Civilization, which is often quite strange.]
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 10, 2014, 11:49:44 am »

Begin planting.

Nunzillor

« Reply #804 on: August 10, 2014, 12:04:53 pm »

Chantutututu, somewhat confused by Lanku's unemotional reaction, considers her state of mind while sticking around to assist in this "planting" process.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 10, 2014, 12:09:38 pm »

My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 10, 2014, 12:23:15 pm »

Find out how to make better weapons

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 10, 2014, 12:24:21 pm »

"Tuktu, these strangers bring more of the strange material, yet they seem less skilled at violence, and thus less likely to try it. However, they have come in such a large boat, I do not believe we would be able to defeat them if they retreated to it. But perhaps, if we could convince them to stay among us, we could learn more of this material."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 10, 2014, 04:02:30 pm »

Make camp next to the village, and begin the world's first siege, do not leave until I can speak to the leader. Send a scout back to the Union to tell them the current situation
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 10, 2014, 04:06:08 pm »

Teach Yun some more, and treat any more who are sick.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77