Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Elf sites are beautiful! Well done.  (Read 7325 times)

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
Re: Elf sites are beautiful! Well done.
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2014, 05:19:44 pm »

I explored some of the elf sites, and the new trees really add a great deal to the ambiance. Elf sites have these huge, named, glorious trees! It's weird craning up to talk to people in trees from the ground, but entirely appropriate in this case.

Agreed seriously amazing. The color and number of trees is great the whole idea is great and the world just looks so much fuller and better with them outside my fort.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2014, 05:24:20 pm »

I explored some of the elf sites, and the new trees really add a great deal to the ambiance. Elf sites have these huge, named, glorious trees! It's weird craning up to talk to people in trees from the ground, but entirely appropriate in this case.

Agreed seriously amazing. The color and number of trees is great the whole idea is great and the world just looks so much fuller and better with them outside my fort.
And flowers during spring, and the autumn colors.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2014, 05:52:57 am »

And flowers during spring, and the autumn colors.

Agreed the colors are just great. ASCII has never looked so beautiful.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Gukag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2014, 06:23:34 am »

In the last version I tried clear cutting a heavily forested embark repeteadly leaving only cherry trees (they have a unique color for molting flowers/leaves),  I think I gave up after the 4th or 5th clear cutting, would just put a restricted path tile on every cherry tree to get an idea of what to cut down and what to spare but trees still grew way too quickly. There was apparently a bug with saplings growing 10x faster than they should though. May try it again with this version.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]