Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: The Fell Peak [Community Fortress] - platinum blunt weapons for everyone!  (Read 12734 times)

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fell Peak [Community Fortress]
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2014, 10:56:36 pm »

Not to be a downer but the dwarf race cant take losses like this. The loss of these 2 lives cost the race 0.00003 percent of its population while the goblins only lost 0.000026 of theirs. On the upside we can say we at least sent a message not to mess with our fort and the two dwarfs died free if that's any consolation. Welp time to put aside the grand idea of an underground metropolitan area in the cavern and start working on tombs.

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2014, 10:09:40 am »

Tombs are always a good idea.

left eye

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2014, 12:03:30 pm »

And actually, with a decent strength, punching (40.03 at least) is quite overpowered.

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2014, 03:02:35 pm »

The Log of Idek
16th Hematite 661
Litast is walking the halls again. Some time during the battle, he left his workshop and started to slowly walk around aimlessly. He isn't talking to anyone and is just staring hollowly at anyone who blocks his path until they leave. Doktor Skull is still busy to threat the wounded and had no time yet to have a look at his state.
Sometimes he even wanders outside and stares down from the mountain on the sheer infinite tundra below. I fear that it is to late to help him anymore.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Speaking of the wounded, they will all make full recovery. Still, it shows that our soldiers are far to vulnerable. The copper armor is insufficient.
We suspended the work on the housing project and are redoubling our efforts to locate iron ore. The long time of quietness made us complacent and Alev and Lòr paid the price for that.

24th Hematite 661
Another group of visitors has found us and we nearly managed to shoot them on arrival. The militia is still on the edge and seeing four heavily armored figures marching towards our settlement set them off. However, some shouted explanations could sort the missunderstanding out and they where ushered inside.
The group consisted of four humans, all of them fighters by the look of it, and a group of nine dwarves. The dwarves where overjoyed to be here, just like the last group of arrivals. I haven't spoken to any of them directly. Fontestro, Walrus and Tasrak where taking care of them.
In the meantime, I had a short meeting with the leader of the humans.

He told me that he was part of a bandit group that got by, by raiding goblin caravans in the area. During their last rais, they had freed the nine dwarves that came with them and the former slaves told them about us. Unlike the dwarven slaves, they didn't buy the tall tales about Igrishilrom, but still decided to send a few men and some goods along with the refugees to try and trade with us. They mainly hoped to get some food from us, since their supplies from raiding where few and far in between. I had to dissapoint them since with the latest surge in population, our own supplies don't look much better. We still managed to strike a deal about some wood and cloth against far less bulky gems again.

Back before the escape of the seven of us, I would never have guessed how busy this tundra could be. It seems there is an entire network of people who live outside of goblin rule.
On a whim, I decided to write a letter to the ruler of the Earthen Defenses. It is the last free dwarven kingdom and far to the north, on the other end of the continent. I asked the bandit to take the letter with him and pass it along to a trustworthy person to bring it farther north, with the instructions to do so again and again until it reached the dwarven king. Along with the letter, I gave him another small bag of gems that should travel with the letter, to pay everyone involved. He was very surprised that I trusted him that much, but as I told him, it didn't matter.
Despite being outlaws, these people seemed to be of the decent sort and if I wrote and send that letter often enough, it would ultimately reach the dwarven king.
I just hoped there would be someone left to receive his response when it did.

24th Hematite 661
Finally something happy to report. Torg had a baby today. A lovely little girl that was named Dumed for now, but apparently the parents havent yet settled on a name.
Some say that she sadly lokes a lot like her farther. Mafiawhale thought that wasn't a very funny joke and yelled at some people because of it. Naturally, everyone is making the same joke over and over now.

25th Hematite 661
It seems Hematit is a good month for bearing mothers. Either its that or Limestone is good month to go somewhere private.
One way or the other, a second baby was born today. Fishybang had another girl and we where treated to the rather odd sight of the hulking form of Vorus walking around in full armour with his daughter in his arms and speaking to her in cute baby speak. I think I haven't heard more then five whole sentences from the man since he joined us so its rather creepy to behold.

26th Hematite 661
Somewhere, a god is probably laughing about this joke on us.
Misting Walrus had a son today, which makes three babys in just as many days. Considering that the armor production rests until we locate iron, she has at least some time to take care of her son.
Her husband Lokum is rather busy in the farms as far as I know.

27th Hematite 661
No babys today. I was nearly expecting someone having triplets.

4th Malachite 661
With the attack of the goblins binding our attention to the surface and the mines, we had decided to block off the access to the caverns for the time being.
It seems this was a good call because Castor heard some strange sounds from the bottom of our shafts today. We have no idea what causes the buzzing but it sounds large and im rather glad we dont have to find out what exactly it is.

Notes: The migrant wave was mostly much needed skilled farmes so I refrained from drafting any of them to dwarf you again Alev, but you will definitely get one from the fall wave.
Feel free to request nicknames for your offspring.

That was my whole preplayed stuff during 40.03 and im now upgrading to 40.04.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:39:57 pm by Lord Braindead »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2014, 03:06:58 pm »

Ok. It's fine.

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2014, 03:10:51 pm »

Is there a reason you omit the 'e' in the months?
left eye

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2014, 03:20:29 pm »

Ok call me a crazy dorf but we got an FB that shoots webs. I say we trick it into becoming our fortress' s silk producer. We can lead it up a special shaft and use two controlled cave ins to trap it then we set up some poor animal to be constantly webbed and Presto we have ourselves all the clothing we will ever need. Also FB webs have high value so fancy clothing at that. Or you know we can just shoot it out of the sky with marksdorfs either way is fine by me.

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2014, 03:28:59 pm »

FBs actually don't have high value as I remember.
left eye

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2014, 03:42:48 pm »

Is there a reason you omit the 'e' in the months?

Nope, just good old misspelling. Now fixed.

Ok call me a crazy dorf but we got an FB that shoots webs. I say we trick it into becoming our fortress' s silk producer. We can lead it up a special shaft and use two controlled cave ins to trap it then we set up some poor animal to be constantly webbed and Presto we have ourselves all the clothing we will ever need. Also FB webs have high value so fancy clothing at that. Or you know we can just shoot it out of the sky with marksdorfs either way is fine by me.

Probably going to go with the marksdwarf one. So far, all my attempts to catch and weaponize FBs ended with loads of !!FUN!! and usually a reclaim.

Lobotomite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2014, 04:00:07 pm »

WAY! I HAD A BABY!

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2014, 04:22:23 pm »

FBs actually don't have high value as I remember.

Really? I thought they had x2 more than regular webs. My mistake then.

Probably going to go with the marksdwarf one. So far, all my attempts to catch and weaponize FBs ended with loads of !!FUN!! and usually a reclaim.

Probably for the best, just remember that all the excess limbs from it being an insectoid will mean it will probably take alot of shots to take down.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2014, 04:59:05 pm »

How.. Unexpected, Vorus will make a good protector nonetheless.

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2014, 09:57:31 am »

If we go this route, we still probably need some melee dwarves to defend the marksdwarves, right?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lobotomite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2014, 10:33:54 am »

Can we see how many Dwarfs entered so far please?

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2014, 11:28:37 am »

Here is the current population list:

When I started the game back up to take these screens, I noticed a combat report.
The FB is dead. Got hit by a falling giant cave swallow and died on impact.
Mind you, thats the complete combat report.

And lastly, both of our esteemed squads.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11