Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (WIP) Post-apocalypse overhaul  (Read 2599 times)

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(WIP) Post-apocalypse overhaul
« on: July 14, 2014, 09:35:20 pm »

Not sure where to put WIP mods, started a Post-apocalypse mod ages ago, then dropped it for a Last of Us mod, gave up on modding after my external harddrive got tired of NOT breaking when I drop it, lost both mods. SO since I can't play my favorite worlds, large, at all right now I've decided to pick through my old chemistry notes doodles and restart my mod till I can play DF without a 30fps

Story:
It has been centuries since the frozen age ended, as to what ended it depends on what lands you are from. The wolflanders claim it was when god grew tired of the excess and sins of the old world, it was then that he spared only the most morale and innocent among the rotten world. The eaglelanders claim it is when the bearlands grew tired of siting behind their wall and chose to wipe away what they could not take. The bearlanders say it was a star that fell from the skies and plunged the world in fire then ash. All that is known is it is now our time to reclaim the lands that belong to our forefathers and we shall rise from the back of the world that has sheltered us for all these years.

Factions:
The Reclamation (Reclaimer): The default playable faction. A militaristic society after centuries sheltered within mountain vaults these  humans have set out into the world to remove the weak and mutated and rebuild a stable modern society whether that is by the rifle or the pen.

The Northlands (Northerner): Of all the lands hit it was the already frozen northlands, the so called bearlands, that suffered the hardest. Over night many ancient cities become unlivable ice caked landmarks. These men and women are hearty and have become skilled at breaking the will of even the most wild of animals.

The Wasteland (Wastelander): Hailing from the land of the eagle, do to their sigil, these people have a strong belief of you are worth has hard as you work. While not as militaristic as the other lands, what they lack in military they make up in stubbornness.

The Wolfland (Wolf): Hailing from the temperate regions the Wolves are a feudalistic society that is rabidly militaristic. Despite their archaic system, feudalism, they hold many wonders including the most advanced armorments of the old world, power armor.

The Plague Children (Cultists): While typically fighting the Wolflanders they are seek to spread the will of their plague father through out the lands, any who dare stand in their way shall fester and die.

Raider Clans (Raiders): Humans that have abandoned the trappings of civilization and have devoted their lives to looting and pillaging.

[Done]
[Working]
[Not started]
To Do:
Entity Creatures
- Reclaimer
- Wolf
- Northerner
- Wastelander
- Cultist
- Raiders
-Underground (Late Stage)
fanciful 'creatures'
Creatures
-Mega
-Semi
-'Evil'
-'Good'
-Native

Weapons and Armors
-Melee
-Guns
-Non-guns
-Power armor
--Wolf
--Reclaimer
-Non-Power armor

Entity
Plants

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:42:46 pm by locustgate »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) Post-apocalypse overhaul
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 09:19:32 am »

Really loving the idea. The story reminds me of Fall from Heaven somewhat, you just need to justify the mutants which look a bit out of place, corrupted/twisted/fallen/chaos sounds more suitable. I am sure your mod will be awesome, if you need help with some creature tiles please let me know.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 04:59:13 pm »

I'm perfectly willing to do some playtesting and such once you post some RAWs to work with.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 05:57:12 pm »

I don't mind doing creatures or making the basis for them. If need any help let me know.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 08:50:37 pm »

I've got the entity creatures pretty much framed, just need to add their personalities. Except for the mutants, which I'm interested in how far I can push castes. The cultists I've got them in vanilla DF, I just need to change the caste names.

Really loving the idea. The story reminds me of Fall from Heaven somewhat, you just need to justify the mutants which look a bit out of place, corrupted/twisted/fallen/chaos sounds more suitable. I am sure your mod will be awesome, if you need help with some creature tiles please let me know.

Never heard of it, I think. Mutagenic properties of what caused the 'end of the world'
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:50:56 pm by locustgate »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 10:59:29 pm »

Fall from heaven 2 is the best mod for Civilization IV game out there. It justifies the start fromcscratch as the end of the Age of Ice, when a human hero slays the god of ice/stasis Mulcarn who previously came to power because of the Fall of his counterpart Bhall (the goddess of Fire/change) which allowed him to freeze the world over for centuries.

Btw in that mod mutations are feats of the Sheaim, the evil nation of cultists which want to let the hell into the world.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 01:17:07 pm »

PTW
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 05:18:05 pm »

Fall from heaven 2 is the best mod for Civilization IV game out there. It justifies the start fromcscratch as the end of the Age of Ice, when a human hero slays the god of ice/stasis Mulcarn who previously came to power because of the Fall of his counterpart Bhall (the goddess of Fire/change) which allowed him to freeze the world over for centuries.

Btw in that mod mutations are feats of the Sheaim, the evil nation of cultists which want to let the hell into the world.
so you never tried masters of mana mod (or mod-mod, it is fall from heaven based but much better ploished and divers) ?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 05:27:50 pm »

Did it come on one of the expansion packs?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 05:37:57 pm »

The prequel, Age of Ice, was included in Beyond the Sword; the mod itself requires BtS as well, I'm pretty sure.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 06:27:28 pm »

The prequel, Age of Ice, was included in Beyond the Sword; the mod itself requires BtS as well, I'm pretty sure.

Then I played it for a couple of turns then gave up after I saw the tech tree.

Good news and bad news....Good news I'm keeping the mutants.....bad news......I'm moving them to the underground. You know the old saying "SH@# flows underground".
Originally there would of been raiders, but they would of been and adventure only entity and posed NO threat to your fortress. Now they serve the same purpose that the mutants did. Thought what I originally had under ground will still be there.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:11:05 pm by locustgate »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 05:06:41 am »

so you never tried masters of mana mod (or mod-mod, it is fall from heaven based but much better ploished and divers) ?
Check the credits, I should be stuck in there as a co-creator somewhere, MoM is cool :)

I like the "caverns are !!FUN!!" approach.

@locustgate, are the mutants going to be cavern animals, or entity which makea camps in caves, or entity which sieges from underground?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 06:54:19 am »

I like the "caverns are !!FUN!!" approach.

@locustgate, are the mutants going to be cavern animals, or entity which makea camps in caves, or entity which sieges from underground?

Most will be cave entities. I'm working on making Behemoth mutants above ground megas[cough] giant/minotaur rip offs with different limb #, and maybe some FUN features WOO SYNDROME SPIT![/cough]. I really couldn't picture something the size of a giant fitting in a cavern, plus they wouldn't be fun. There are some mutants that have reverted to animalistic intelligence.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:42:36 am by locustgate »

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 12:57:57 pm »

What induced the mutations? Poison ice? Irate deities? Frozen planetary core generating a weaker magnetic field allowing more solar radiation into the atmosphere?

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 01:43:35 pm »

What induced the mutations? Poison ice? Irate deities? Frozen planetary core generating a weaker magnetic field allowing more solar radiation into the atmosphere?

For a hint read the Bears' version of what caused the end. Kinda space race. Also not the same universe as we are in.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:50:14 pm by locustgate »
Pages: [1] 2