Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO IC  (Read 7715 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO IC
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2014, 11:23:37 am »

Seeing the boars come at him, he stopped and froze in fear. He looked out, and he saw that twelve of them came at him. He was going to need help for this quest. He looked at the chat for a quick second to see if there was anyone broadcasting a message about the boars.

No one was broadcasting about the boars. Shit. He started to quickly walk away when he saw a message pop up about joining a guild. Locating one of the people sending the message, he noticed that he was out of the Peaceful Meadows. Hopefully that was out of range from the boars.

He looked at the other person. He smiled at him, then he realized that he couldn't see his face beneath his helmet. "I hear that you have a guild?" He asked the player.
Umm...
This isn't open RP. While I appreciate the level if detail in your posts, and quite frankly would like if the rest of the players had it, I'm the one who decides what happens. For all you know, I might have decided that the boars were going to charge you.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2014, 11:27:54 am »

Sorry.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2014, 11:29:57 am »

Sorry.
Don't be. Just remember; I am GM in this world. What would the point of a GM be if this was an open RP?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2014, 02:01:24 pm »

((To provide overall plot and setting?))

Joe blinked, climbing shakily to his feet. So... this was VR. He guessed by the various icons sitting in his vision like high-definition eyeball floaters. It kind of broke the whole "reality" part, but the pain in his head and stomach was quite real enough. He blinked again, and rubbed his face, but he just couldn't seem to dislodge the perception of a face floating in the clouds above the alley.

"Joe..." whispered a voice from above.

"Wait... Uncle Jeb?" He rubbed his eyes again. Sure enough, the face of his deceased uncle was starting down at him from the sky. He wasn't sure if this was part of some mind-games mechanic, or just residual effects of whatever he'd done last night.

"Yes, Joe. It's me. I visited you last night, but you probably don't remember. That was some nasty stuff you took, son."

"Right... um...." Joe winced. It was a bit hard to form sentences with his head pounding incessantly. "Why you here, uncle? Why am I here?"

"Listen carefully, Joe. I brought you here to put you on the true path, the path you've been looking for your whole life but never found on your own."

"Is this some Sunday-school thing?"

"I'm talking about the path of METAL, son. You must go on a journey to discover your true self and open your true potential. And in doing so save the world from total destruction. Go forth, and find the one who will help you on your journey." The cloud began to dissolve.

"Wait! Don't go, Jeb! I'm confused here, man!"

The voice began to echo as it faded out. "You can do it. It's your destiny, Joe..."

"Uncle!" The face dissolved completely. "Fuck..." Well, this was all pretty weird, but he'd tripped weirder. Better just go with it, man. As he was wondering where to start looking for this helpful person, he heard a message. "New? Need help? Stop on by!"

Well, if that wasn't an obvious clue, he didn't know what was. And so Joe Farsey set off to find the source of the message.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:55:29 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2014, 02:05:35 pm »

((And, in a game with stats and a system, to control NPCs, roll to see what happens, and generally make decisions.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2014, 04:55:02 pm »

((Apparently finding her isn't really roll worthy))

Joe wove his way through the town, following the directions given by the message. It wasn't that big of a town, compared to what he was used to, but it was crowded enough. The people all looked real, but he guessed they weren't really other players, since they were dressed very plainly. The more interesting-looking folks all seemed to be making their way out of the town, except for a few hanging around in the central square, where the message said to look.

Though still somewhat bleary, not helped by all the noise, he managed to spot her. A woman of average height, decked out in some kind of all-covering armored bodysuit. Joe supposed it looked somewhat metal, so he figured she was the one he was looking for. "Um... 'sup."

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2014, 05:17:09 pm »

Cresenda looks over her shoulder briefly before smiling inside her helmet and continuing to work through a graceful dance with her blades forming a wall around her.

"Hey Bambi."
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2014, 05:41:20 pm »

"Yeah... I was told you could help me out here?"

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2014, 05:43:58 pm »

"Depends what you want help with."

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2014, 05:51:59 pm »

"For a start, which game is this?"

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2014, 05:58:20 pm »

"Heavell Online."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2014, 06:23:19 pm »

He racked his memory. Hadn't he seen a billboard for it the other day? Yes, now he remembered. Wasn't it launching today?

"Right... so... any idea what I'm supposed to do?"

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2014, 06:25:47 pm »

"Nothing your not supposed to do anything your meant to decide what you want to do and do it."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2014, 06:28:32 pm »

"So... you know anything about the righteous path of metal?"

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2014, 07:58:17 pm »

"You mean music?"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5