Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix  (Read 25131 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2014, 04:16:32 am »

Toss the lizard at goop man!

[Your accuracy roll: 1-->6]

You manage to throw your poor lizard right past the goop man, despite said goop man being about two meters away at best. It lands right behind the man, and looks none too pleased, instantly pressing the attack!

[Lizard vs. Goop Man: 6-->1+1 vs. 1-->3]

It plunges into the goop man's back, burying itself deep as the humanoid emits a piercing shriek, grabbing at its back, but the lizard is far too fast, having buried itself inside the man quite deeply, disappearing within its torso. The goop man trembles a moment as it gets a bad feeling.

Then, in a sudden explosion of spikes, limbs and screeching, goop goes flying every which way, including at you. Covered in gunge, you stand there a moment, pondering why your lizard just exploded. It seems quite alright now, you notice as it crawls up your leg and reaches your shoulder, where it stays, idly chewing on a token of gray.

Stargazer approached the Head of Listening reverently and bowed low as she picked up the disgorged item.  She unwrapped it, read the note, and examined the item.

The note seems to cover up a small glass carafe filled with a transparent liquid. There is a skull and crossbones embossed on the surface, along with a heartrending picture of a test tube spilling a single drop of something on a hand, seemingly making a hole. The note reads:

READ THE WORDS OF RADIX THE OMNISCIENT
THE HEAD OF LISTENING IS SATED FOR NOW
YOU MAY LEAVE, OR USE THE TWIN PODS OF MIRACLES WITH ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL
OR REVEAL THE MYSTERIES OF THE OTHER DATES IF YOU ARE UP TO IT AND WANT MORE REWARDS

The MPD portends a new delicacy for galactic connoisseurs. Buttered cat toast must taste truly divine after some moonshine, and it can be delivered between planets faster than the speed of light. Soon everyone will be eating MPDs.

Radix ends at his throne, since his rear must stop in order for him to actually sit on it."

"RADIX MAY INDEED END AT HIS THRONE," the voice of Radix the Omniscient says thoughtfully, and the Angel of Impregnability opens up in the way you have predicted from the FACTS available, and out comes a little red creature, a goblin-like individual with curly blond hair about half your height wearing what you know to be an authentic security uniform of the Transgalactic Physical Guardian Group, and this creature you know to be one of its members. Her name is Nberi, and she is your new Transgalactic Physical Guardian, as a matter of FACT!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2014, 07:31:32 am »

PET LIZARD, GET TOKEN
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2014, 07:57:32 am »

PET LIZARD, GET TOKEN

You pet the lizard. It swallows the token reflexively.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2014, 07:58:47 am »

Go up to a solitary goop man and punch him in the face

Nunzillor

« Reply #229 on: August 25, 2014, 09:41:11 am »

Stargazer turns to ShTAN. "SO, would you say you are FINISHED abjuring US?"

If he indicates that he is, Stargazer shall grab and take with her the carafe and the plates and head back through the exit to the Forbidden Hermitage.

((Are the plates glass?))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:04:57 am by Nunzillor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2014, 12:52:44 pm »

No! They are made of porcelain, actually.

Nunzillor

« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2014, 12:48:44 am »

((Ah, well I'm sure something can be figured out.  However, I feel like we've lost a lot of players...))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:50:29 am by Nunzillor »

blazing glory

« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2014, 01:09:35 am »

((However, I feel like we've lost a lot of players...))

((Sorry about that,I just don't really "feel" this RtD,I'll chalk it up to being too ridiculous/confusing.))

Try to shoot it off.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2014, 01:19:48 am »

To the Festering Pit of Sin!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2014, 02:05:11 pm »

Go up to a solitary goop man and punch him in the face

You walk up to a goop man 1.5 times your height, since he is the only solitary one here, and swing toward his face.

[You vs. Tall Goop Man: 6 vs. 3+1-1]

It takes a jump and an overhead swing, but you manage to bury your fist in his head, clutching at the token of gray held within, then yanking it out, feeling like a mighty warrior as you do so.

[Tall Goop Man's endurance roll: 2]

The goop man stumbles off, its topmost parts beginning to melt off. It sinks to its knees, at your mercy, which you find a little odd. Why didn't he fall apart? Does he have more tokens in him? You hope he has more tokens in him!

Current tokens of gray: 2!
Affluence rating: lucky peasant!

Stargazer turns to ShTAN. "SO, would you say you are FINISHED abjuring US?"

If he indicates that he is, Stargazer shall grab and take with her the carafe and the plates and head back through the exit to the Forbidden Hermitage.

"Quite so! If you wish to leave, feel free."

Feeling free indeed, you do so - you find yourself back on the original walkway. Since there is nothing to see here, you move on down to the Paradise of Fleshy Pleasures, which appears to be a strange fleshy, wobbly platform, upon which stands a glass sphere in an alien arm, a ruined grayish onion thing, a very comfortable armchair and a featureless mound with several indentations in the flesh around it. A nearby green gateway rotates around the platform at a very manageable speed.

"HEAR THE WORDS OF RADIX THE OMNISCIENT! KNOW THAT YOU ARE LATE TO THE FESTIVITIES! THE OTHERS HAVE TAKEN THEIR FILL AND MOVED ONWARD! BUT YOU MAY STILL ENJOY THE VISISPHERE AND THE ARMCHAIR BEFORE YOU GO ON TO THE CONDUIT OF THE SKIES!"

Try to shoot it off.

[Your accuracy roll: 3]

You fire your last shot at the snake-thing, and... you think you glanced something, but you can't really remember what it is. You seem to be in no more danger, though you are conspicuously out of ammo now. Wonder if you can get a refill.

To the Festering Pit of Sin!

You move on to the Festering Pit of Sin, which you notice to be a series of catwalks laid out in three connected floors, hanging above the Festering Pit of Sin while suspended by nothing at all, where you know for a FACT that the powers of unadulterated sin can be obtained. The top floor is currently occupied by you, Starn and Redshirt. Starn's standing in place looking absent-minded, while Redshirt appears to be flopping around like a fish.

Below this floor is another catwalk, that one occupied by a Mighty Teflon Slug, the creature that makes surfaces it crosses nearly frictionless! And you suspect it's crossed a certain proportion of the floor already.

And below even that is the Dreaded Smile, a smiling bouncy sphere of yellow that does not do much in particular except bounce into its friends. You know for a FACT that you are one of its best friends, simply because it has not seen you before.

((Sorry about that,I just don't really "feel" this RtD,I'll chalk it up to being too ridiculous/confusing.))

Well, I can certainly understand that. But the confusion is certainly an intended part of it, sadly.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:12:04 am by Harry Baldman »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2014, 02:07:06 pm »

Disembowel him!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2014, 02:12:27 pm »

Disembowel him!

[Your violence roll: 1-->4]

You plunge your hands into his belly, discovering disappointedly that he seems to have no bowels.

[Tall Goop Man's endurance roll: 3]

Alarmed, the goop man starts to flail weakly, but the fight seems to have largely gone out of him now.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2014, 02:20:47 pm »

Stick my hand out, then put the lizard in the gaping hole in the goop man

Nunzillor

« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2014, 03:46:14 pm »

Stargazer heads directly through the green gate.

blazing glory

« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2014, 05:07:10 pm »

((Eh,I'm quitting,I can't make heads or tails of this,I don't even know what I should try to do anymore.))
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19