Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix  (Read 25127 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Ephemeral Games: Game 2, the Fearsome Dominion of Radix
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2014, 08:47:57 am »

That setting is acceptable!

You have yourself a coffee with a touch of rum. It is hot, aromatic and mildly alcoholic, just the way you like it. Draining the entire thing easily, being a man of business and action, you feel rather high-strung and energized, and the edge of it is taken off by the rum, leaving you feeling altogether better in every way!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2014, 08:51:39 am »

Go up to a goop man and ask for a token of gray
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2014, 09:44:27 am »

Go up to a goop man and ask for a token of gray

You approach the least threatening, smallest goop person you can find, and a solitary one at that, and ask it to provide you with a token of gray. It trembles, it quivers, and it decides to fulfill your request, plunging a hand into its own face, and removing a betentacled, twitching, coin-like formation of gray - it does not even get through half the movement before its entire body loses cohesion, becoming a small, gray puddle less viscous than water, the token of gray swimming in it. You shrug and pick up the token, pocketing it safely.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2014, 09:52:09 am »

Inspect the goop men in this room. How many? And of what size?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2014, 11:10:46 am »

Search through the FACTS I now know to discover the secret to gaining psychic abilities.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2014, 12:06:02 pm »

Inspect the goop men in this room. How many? And of what size?

It seems that there are indeed many. Theoretically infinite, even, with the giant mounds of goop occasionally producing more. Right now, though, you can see twelve. The smallest is the size of a fat rottweiler, while the largest is a giant about twice your height. The rest are somewhere in between, with six being about your size, three being smaller and one being about 1.5 times your size. They seem to be gravitating to be in groups of three.

Search through the FACTS I now know to discover the secret to gaining psychic abilities.

The FACTS available inform you that psychic abilities, despite repeated indications to the contrary, do not actually exist.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2014, 12:30:36 pm »

To the Conduit of the Skies. If something should ask questions of me, I shall search through my FACTS for a spectacular answer.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2014, 01:57:20 pm »

Go up to a small goop man and see what he's doing. Does he speak?

blazing glory

« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2014, 05:24:18 pm »

Get up and shoot at it again.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2014, 05:43:27 pm »

"Why did you throw me? Why are you wearing that... thing? Your torturing yourself... Why?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nunzillor

« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2014, 07:32:20 pm »

Stargazer shouted in turn to ShTAN.  "Interesting INDEED, ShTAN!  Please, friend, call me Star G.  I imagine that that is what all my friends would call me!  I do not wish to make your task HARDER, so do go ahead and consider me most definitely ABJURED.  I look forward to talking to you more later, GREAT ONE, but now I must return to my task since you have so competently DISCOURAGED me from leaving.  Would you like to abjure here, at the TOP of the ziggurat?  It will make it much easier to speak with you and further absorb your WONDER!"

She then addressed the FBI agent.  "TORTURE myself?  I have made myself greater through this amazing gift!  Don't TOY with me, I know you have several of these suits hidden in Area 51 and know exactly what they do!"

Her compulsion to leave thus abjured, Stargazer turned to the Head of Listening and spoke.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:42:08 pm by Nunzillor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2014, 04:12:40 am »

To the Conduit of the Skies. If something should ask questions of me, I shall search through my FACTS for a spectacular answer.

You head to the Conduit of the Skies, and are approached by the Angel of Impregnability, and spoken to by the voice of Radix the Omniscient.

"HEAR THE WORDS OF RADIX THE OMNISCIENT! BE WELCOME TO THE CONDUIT OF THE SKIES! UPWARD LIE THE UNHOLY CHAMBERS OF SATIATION! AND BELOW IS THE FESTERING PIT OF SIN! ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE CONDUIT LIES THE PATH TO THE PARADISE OF FLESHY PLEASURES! AND TRAILING YOU IS THE ANGEL OF IMPREGNABILITY, READY TO SERVE IF YOU ANSWER AT LEAST ONE QUESTION OF TWO WITH MORE THAN A SLIGHT HINT OF TRUTH!"

"FIRSTLY, WHAT DOES THE MPD PORTEND?"

"SECONDLY, WHERE DOES RADIX END AND THE WORLD BEGIN?"

The FACTS of the matter are that the MPD in this case is the Miller-Piklo device, created by strapping a piece of buttered toast to the back of a cat, so that it may never land and fly off into the sky, blatantly ignoring any known laws of motion, including the restriction on faster-than-light travel once it reaches deep space. As to its implications, the FACTS are yet to be obtained on that matter, which you realize is why Radix the Omniscient seems to be asking you rather than figuring it out on his own. As for where Radix the Omniscient ends and the world begins, there is the FACT that Radix the Omniscient has no real power over the happenings in the Forbidden Hermitage aside from that exerted through his minions, which lends credibility to the idea that he does seem to end somewhere. He controls the Angels, and also many other things, but the reach of his being itself is something you would have to guess, though a FACT you also know is that the Throne of Radix the Omniscient is where you may find your kindly host. This is the most pertinent immediate information, and conclusions are ready to be drawn, you suppose. There is also the FACT that there used to be a third question on what is the pleasurable medium between life and death - the answer to that which was accepted seems to have been "the dream state".

Go up to a small goop man and see what he's doing. Does he speak?

He does not. He seems quite ornery, though, rising up on his toes while also raising his arms to appear bigger, which you suppose may work on less intelligent creatures, but probably not on you. Your lizard extends spikes from its body at the proximity of this creature.

Get up and shoot at it again.

[Your accuracy roll: 2]

You fire again, and it's a definite miss! One shot left!

[Flamehead vs. You: 3 vs. 2]

The creature draws closer to you, and wraps itself around your leg in preparation for some heavy-duty strangulation!

"Why did you throw me? Why are you wearing that... thing? Your torturing yourself... Why?

"Why, because you were trying to leave before you had done the necessary tasks! The Head of Listening is not quite sated yet, I'm afraid. Though your friend seems to be making very good progress on that!"

Stargazer shouted in turn to ShTAN.  "Interesting INDEED, ShTAN!  Please, friend, call me Star G.  I imagine that that is what all my friends would call me!  I do not wish to make your task HARDER, so do go ahead and consider me most definitely ABJURED.  I look forward to talking to you more later, GREAT ONE, but now I must return to my task since you have so competently DISCOURAGED me from leaving.  Would you like to abjure here, at the TOP of the ziggurat?  It will make it much easier to speak with you and further absorb your WONDER!"

She then addressed the FBI agent.  "TORTURE myself?  I have made myself greater through this amazing gift!  Don't TOY with me, I know you have several of these suits hidden in Area 51 and know exactly what they do!"

Her compulsion to leave thus abjured, Stargazer turned to the Head of Listening and spoke.

"I'd love to come closer, but abjuration duty is abjuration duty, unfortunately!"

After this, you go over to the Head of Listening and relate a brand new story. The Head of Listening seems to very much like it, and coughs out a relatively small item wrapped in yet another note before relaxing with a contented grin.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2014, 11:27:08 am »

Toss the lizard at goop man!

Nunzillor

« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2014, 11:30:55 am »

Stargazer approached the Head of Listening reverently and bowed low as she picked up the disgorged item.  She unwrapped it, read the note, and examined the item.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2014, 01:37:09 pm »

The MPD portends a new delicacy for galactic connoisseurs. Buttered cat toast must taste truly divine after some moonshine, and it can be delivered between planets faster than the speed of light. Soon everyone will be eating MPDs.

Radix ends at his throne, since his rear must stop in order for him to actually sit on it."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19