Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43558 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2014, 06:27:44 pm »

Some useful info I have gathered about spell level mechanics.

Spells are not limited by level, but rather by experience.
You get enough experience to keep 6 spells at level cap
If you have more than 1/3 of your experience(more than 2 spells) invested in one element, further leveling costs twice as much in that tree
This means you could either get 6 spells by getting 2 from each of the 3 elements, 5 spells if you get 3 in one element and 2 from one or two other elements, or only 4 if all your spell experience is in one element.

Spell level boosts your damage and resistance to that element, here is the formula:
(1st highest spell LV * 0.30)+(2nd highest spell LV * 0.35)+(3rd highest spell LV * 0.05)+(4th highest spell LV * 0.01)+(5th highest spell LV * 0.02)= Elemental Mastery LV/elemental damage and resist boost.

From this info you can see that you get greatly diminishing returns on investing in more than two spells per element. This allows tri-element builds to be viable while keeping single-element builds' power in check.

It is usually a better idea to have 3 spells from you main element and 2 spells from a single other element to get the most out of a build that will be able to deal with enemies with a high resistance to an element. Your 4th spell in a single element has to be a a major game-changer to make up for the loss of two spells and all that lost elemental damage and resistance. Single-element builds are viable, just much more limited in their usefulness and versatility.

I know spells are limited by the character's level because I have repeatedly used spells at my current level for them to go nowhere whatsoever.

Other stuff is interesting though. dunno if it's true, but it would certainly explain the prevalence of multi-element builds! Where'd ya find this stuff, outta curiosity?

(also, afstgrl66, I've linked your ecaflip guide in the OP, thanks!)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:29:24 pm by Seriyu »

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 27, 2014, 06:31:02 pm »

Alright, I don't really know what's going on in this game.
I get some wood for some guy, I guess? Is the whole game like this? Do I get to do some actual combat soon?
Where are you guys?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2014, 07:20:52 pm »

Post your username and I'll getcha invited!

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2014, 07:25:19 pm »

My log-in name is Leadpainter, if that's what you mean.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2014, 07:31:47 pm »

Gonna need the character name you are currently logged into.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2014, 07:44:29 pm »

Gonna need the character name you are currently logged into.

DingDonger  :P

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 28, 2014, 06:28:13 am »

Some useful info I have gathered about spell level mechanics.

Spells are not limited by level, but rather by experience.
You get enough experience to keep 6 spells at level cap
If you have more than 1/3 of your experience(more than 2 spells) invested in one element, further leveling costs twice as much in that tree
This means you could either get 6 spells by getting 2 from each of the 3 elements, 5 spells if you get 3 in one element and 2 from one or two other elements, or only 4 if all your spell experience is in one element.

Spell level boosts your damage and resistance to that element, here is the formula:
(1st highest spell LV * 0.30)+(2nd highest spell LV * 0.35)+(3rd highest spell LV * 0.05)+(4th highest spell LV * 0.01)+(5th highest spell LV * 0.02)= Elemental Mastery LV/elemental damage and resist boost.

From this info you can see that you get greatly diminishing returns on investing in more than two spells per element. This allows tri-element builds to be viable while keeping single-element builds' power in check.

It is usually a better idea to have 3 spells from you main element and 2 spells from a single other element to get the most out of a build that will be able to deal with enemies with a high resistance to an element. Your 4th spell in a single element has to be a a major game-changer to make up for the loss of two spells and all that lost elemental damage and resistance. Single-element builds are viable, just much more limited in their usefulness and versatility.

I know spells are limited by the character's level because I have repeatedly used spells at my current level for them to go nowhere whatsoever.

Other stuff is interesting though. dunno if it's true, but it would certainly explain the prevalence of multi-element builds! Where'd ya find this stuff, outta curiosity?

(also, afstgrl66, I've linked your ecaflip guide in the OP, thanks!)

When i said "not limited by level but by experience" I was referring to the total spell levels available, not the highest a single spell will go, that is indeed capped at your level. I have gotten this info from the english wiki and some other locations and thoroughly tested it all to make sure it was right.

Some people even forgo one or two spells to spread out all that experience accross various spells on all the elements to boost their resistances. Since the exp requirements go up drastically at higher spell levels, you can actually get a lot of spells at mid-level with that exp.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:31:21 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 28, 2014, 01:12:07 pm »

playing in the spanish server, steamer lvl 24-25 with omnispec resistance...gosh, leveling leatherworking is morbidly hard..

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #309 on: July 28, 2014, 07:57:01 pm »

I'll add ya to the OP, but I don't know the spanish server name, which I'd say is the bare minimum. A character name would help a lot too. :P

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 28, 2014, 08:59:23 pm »

Elbor? Can't remember perfectly off the top of my head.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #311 on: July 29, 2014, 06:26:25 pm »

Note for anyone using earth skills - Carnivore set is great for that element, and is a fine upgrade from gobball.

It also gives a level to water skills so if you're subbing water there ya go. drops from the boss of sureberry fields.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 29, 2014, 09:58:49 pm »

Seems pretty nifty.
My guy's name is Bronco Bojax and I'm on Nox. I'm the healer dudes, the watchamacallits.
Don't have more time to play today, though, prolly tomorrow I'll play some more.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 30, 2014, 02:42:29 am »

Hey Seriyu, I have a character in need of an invite, name is Marrona, lv20-something sadida. Also, I suggest we get more people capable of inviting, I doubt any of us would use that power to harm the guild.

Edit: logging out for now, will be back on later.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:13:06 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 30, 2014, 08:59:35 am »

Elbor? Can't remember perfectly off the top of my head.

yeah its called like that...

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28