Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43568 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #270 on: July 25, 2014, 02:24:39 pm »

Welp, now that I have my full summoning power back after getting +8 control, I got myself two wild war chiefs and jesus christ they're powerful. If anyone wants help with a dungeon or anything like that now, make sure to call me :P

Also, I have found out that, sadly, you lose your astrub knight when you hit level 60. After that you have to either buy a sidekick if you want to use one or get the krosmoblob in a very high level quest involving defeating level 150 monsters, so dont grow too dependent on it. You can still use free trial sidekicks to help with dropping stuff and etc, though.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 25, 2014, 02:48:40 pm »

Lose as in lose for that character to access, or lose as in he vanishes entirely?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 25, 2014, 02:50:04 pm »

I think it just means that one character cannot access him anymore. I think your other lower level characters can still get him, altough it'll be a completely new, level 1 knight then.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 25, 2014, 02:52:36 pm »

I think it just means that one character cannot access him anymore. I think your other lower level characters can still get him, altough it'll be a completely new, level 1 knight then.
Other characters on the same account access the same knight. You can transfer armor and weapons withotu a friend this way, or just have a companion that scales with you up to the level it actually is before it starts getting xp again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2014, 03:09:03 pm »

Trying the game since i got more free time lately.
Got through tutorial, made Enutrof, now trying to figure out where to go and what the hell all these stats do.

Larvas are bad.
Astrub Knight is dealing more damage than me most of the time ;_; Maybe i should get some gear...
How do i level up/unlock the passive skills ? Seems like most of my skills do something with mines that i need passive to see..
The nation choice is a big deal or should i go with whatever has prettiest logo ?

Anyway : Hasebe on Nox
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:10:14 pm by Antur »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 25, 2014, 04:23:06 pm »

You have to level your passive "Geology" to see your mines. For some reason, if you do the tutorial, they lock away level your passives and other stats until some arbitrary point, which I don't recall.

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 25, 2014, 04:33:15 pm »

Ah, i had to do the respec quest. Wanted to keep it for later but it seems you have to do it. Oh well. At least my molebearpig is bigger now.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2014, 04:55:56 pm »

Nation used to minorly affect damage, but they've been all evened out as of a few days ago. Just pick whichever one you want/think you'll do the most harvesting of.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2014, 08:32:23 pm »

I'm on now, for inviting purposes! Hasebe doesn't seem to be on, so if you wanted in before you did much, now's the time.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:58:30 pm by Seriyu »

raalph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 26, 2014, 12:07:40 am »

Wish I could play with you guys, but my region is blocked from Nox. Any of you guys playing on Remington?

Astfgl66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 26, 2014, 02:26:53 am »

I wanted to join in the fun but europe is region locked... Not to mention the time frame issues. I had to bypass the french region lock (by asking my brother in germany to create an account) to try the F2P servers...

I'm playing on remington, currently a lvl 42 Eca (IG: Anzuki) if anyone is interested.

For raalph: You could ask someone from this thread to create an account for you, since accounts are region bound on creation and once created nothing prevents you from playing on Nox from another region. You would just have to provide an e-mail and change the password afterwards, but it should be feasible. If you don't mind starting over that is.
Or, ask support nicely to move your existing account which they will do only on accounts without any character on them anyway.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2014, 05:44:16 am »

I unfortunately don't know of anyone playing in remington. I'll go ahead and add ya to the player list so hopefully that'll pick up!

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 26, 2014, 09:49:38 am »

Did some questing around. Level 15 now. Went with Amakna as a nation. Crafting consumables (cooking/baking) seems a waste of time ? Selling stuff on the auction house is only way of getting rid of junk drops ?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 26, 2014, 10:03:37 am »

Low-level cooking, not great. Baking no. People always want bread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #284 on: July 26, 2014, 10:20:08 am »

Did some questing around. Level 15 now. Went with Amakna as a nation. Crafting consumables (cooking/baking) seems a waste of time ? Selling stuff on the auction house is only way of getting rid of junk drops ?

As Aklyon said, baking is amazing. Everybody wants bread. Cooking is... passable. Buffs are certainly helpful, although it's debateable by how much and the early levels will probably be fairly non profitable at the least. I make no guarentees on cooking being useful later, basically, but it seems sound just from looking at it. These things don't always pan out how I think though!

The other crafting professions, while more intensive, are fairly useful. Armorer/tailor can help fill out some important sets (notably gobball/tofu sets of all tiers), weapons have some amazing end game craftables (they're not quite end game raid boss drops but they're close, and bosses, as you might imagine, especially in late game, are a pain to farm for a potentially 0.1% drop), handyman is just awesome all around, frankly, and leathermaker makes bags which is nice too.

You can also destroy junk drops directly, click the item, then click the trash can icon in the description window thing. Also of note, the little hammer will tell you what professions use that item for crafting when you mouse over it.

Edit: Also of note, I won't be on for a good while, sorry. Several hours, at least. I'll try to get you in the guild later when I'm able.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28