Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.  (Read 43583 times)

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
Re: Wakfu - A very sad ogre. Now F2P! Sorta.
« Reply #240 on: July 21, 2014, 01:43:15 am »

I think you can still participate in politics for free, you just can't vote. You'd also probably have a harder time getting elected, not because of system restrictions, but just because people who pay are seen as more invested. I'm pretty sure that's just in place to stop people from starting scandals by making dozens of free accounts to commit voter fraud.

The whole design was based on their asian servers, according to the news post from Ankama. Supposedly the asian servers were making mad cash compared to the french/NA servers, so they'll probably be fine. I noticed that apart from name changes, boosters, emotes, and expedited restats, pretty much everything can be sold on the market (several luminos and bow wows for over a hundred thousand kamas each in Amakna last I checked). It's kinda refreshing compared to other games I've seen that both had pay-to-win and made a huge deal about people selling cash shop items for game money.

Probably the weirdest thing I've seen so far is just the enigma of what peopl are doing with their Lumino money. Seriously, excluding the market because those kamas go into another player's pocket, the only real sinks are zaaps, canoons, guilds, and politics. I really want to know what people are doing with two hundred and fifty thousand kamas in a game with no NPC shops to permanently drain the economy. Never mind, I guess Wakfu money is a lot like real money: Circulating a few dozen times as a medium of exchange and then mysteriously vanishing (ie. lost in storm drains in real life, used to invoke climate change in Wakfu).

Did anyone mention yet that climate change is kinda sorta a thing in Wakfu?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2014, 04:46:01 am »

I always thought wakfu did a very good job of making the world seem like it was held together with chewing gum and paper clips without making it all apocalypticey.

One day there's an ash forest there, the next day there's a ton of thistles, the world is just this giant writhing sea of plants and animals that has no rhyme or reason to it.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2014, 07:11:59 am »

So! Enutrofs. Enutrofs are normally thought of as those guys that make the items drop more good with the mine whatsits. Enutrofs, despite this, can actually be a rather hefty combat class! However, there are some... complications.

Minimum ranges abound. Wierd ranges abound even moreso. Linear ranges, AoEs, and mines all tying this together into a big wierd mess that in optimal circumstances can leave you doing tons of damage from very awkward positions, and in poor circumstances leaving you with nothing to do but flail with your weapon. It's that bad. Positioning is absolutely crucial for enutrofs, period.

Water tree: Probably the second easiest to use tree. Also the infamous bag tree. Bags let you get an extra drop, could be anything from that rare drop you've been coveting to a gobball skin. Min ranges are all over, but there's a melee spell so it's not too bad, ranges are wide, fairly usable. You'll rarely be found wanting, but it's entirely possible you'll have turns where you just don't put out as much damage as you could because you didn't position right. The drop hound tree.

Earth tree: Easiest to use tree. Min ranges aren't nearly as common, attacks do decent damage, few gimmicks to hold you up, generally sort've a boring, if consistantly effective, tree. I believe it synergizes well with the weremole form if you're interested in that. Also there's a weremole form. The old standby.

Fire tree: Now we're talkin. If you do it right with this tree, you will decimate hordes of motherfuckers without a care in the world. If you do it wrong you'll whack an enemy with your weapon, throw some embers in his face, and pass the turn. AoEs include the notable, reverse v, linear but in a diagonal fashion with a + AoE, linear but with a min range, and everyone's favorite, a ring around the enutrof two spaces away from it, no more, no less. Skills tend to interact with mines for additional "where the hell am I supposed to be" factor. The high risk, high reward tree.

Skills.

Phone a Friend: Your little mole buddy! He is anything but a combat unit, although he can swipe for some incredibly minimal damage. He can also swap places with you, dig up worms to heal himself/unearth a mine, fetch a dropped bag for you, all sorts of little handy things. Levels increase his size, cussedness, and AP/MP. He gets pretty speedy at later levels! He can also be used for...

Doctor Hellzerker: Yes, you read that right, this skill is called Dr. Hellzerker. You can fuse with your mole to become a melee beast for a single turn. Ranks reduce the AP cost (eventually lowering it to 0!) and range at which you can fuse with the fella.

Mine Mover: Moves mines. Mines are covered in more detail in the geology skill. It'll also improve the mine and loot any pouches that are on the tiles the mine moves to or from. It also gives you some turns of master miner which raises your fire damage for a bit depending on the grade of mine you moved.

Mass Clumsiness: Globally reduce movement points. Ranks reduce the chance for allies to be effected while increasing enemy effects, capping out at a 100% chance for enemies and 10% for allies, along with lowering the AP cost.

Prime of Life: Converts 1 WP and 2 AP into 2 MP. Also applies a buff that makes you UNABLE TO BE LOCKED. At rank 9 this always happens.

Passives.

Treasure Hunter: Raises attack by a portion of your prospecting. An enu standing on a mine attacking something has prospecting that constantly raises. This skill can really make an enu snowball in the right circumstances. Has a cap of 150% damage at rank 9.

Geology: Time to talk about mines! Mines come in varying types. Tin mines are the worst, iron are middle, silver are second best, gold are best. They raise damage while enus stand on them, and raise prospecting if you do damage while standing on them. An enu basically always wants to be on a mine. Some fire skills power up if there's a mine in their AoE, and some really serious ones will actually eat mines. Mines basically function as enu's gimmick. Only the enu can see the mines, I'm fairly certain. Even if you can see them they offer no benefit. Ranks increase the quality, and amount of mines.

Faking it: A small chance on death to fake it and come back to life with 20% health. Ranks increase chance of it occuring, capping at 100%. I believe it only works once.

Not dead yet: A flat dodge boost, along with a chance to gain MP when using spells that use MP. Rank increases dodge and proc chance.

God enutrof's blessing: Gives a 10% chance at max level to get an extra item at the end of a fight, as well as a 10% chance for any attack period to knock a sack out of an enemy, giving yet another item. Ranks increase proc chances.

Never underestimate a dwarf enutrof.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2014, 09:34:48 am »

No more piggies, only rocks.

EDIT: JESUS CHRIST DECKHANDS HURT
ALSO BOOWOLVES
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 12:56:46 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2014, 09:23:35 pm »

So I glanced over the Sram revamp design document posted by the developers.

It did not exactly fill me with confidence. They seem to be hellbent on making sure that NO LONE WOLF SRAMS STALKING AROUND KILLING STUFF. Which is kind of the SRAMS ENTIRE RAISON D'ETRE.

... which brings up the question OF WHY THE BLOODY HELL DID THEY INVENT THE CLASS IN THE FIRST PLACE IF THEY DIDN'T ACTUALLY WANT IT IN THE GAME.

At this point it just feels like they're trying to make the Srams a completely different class, with hopefully doing it in such a way that nobody notices Srams no longer actually exist.

I was kind of thinking of making a Sram and gritting my teeth through it just for the Nostalgia, but with this... it just feels pointless.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:26:07 pm by Kaitol »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2014, 10:06:40 pm »

Iunno, it is kinda unbalancing if Srams are arbitrarily super powerful compared to other classes so they can lone wolf with no downsides to partying!

They're also incredibly terrible right now from what I understand.

In any case it's too early to be making any concrete judgements.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:28:41 pm by Seriyu »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2014, 10:32:53 pm »

Allow me to elucidate you with a quote from said design document.

Invisibility
At the end of
turn:
If the Sram
doesn’t have any
allies, he will lose
50% of his AP at
the next turn

If the Sram still
has alive allies, he
will gain 50% of
the unused AP
from the previous
turn

I rest my case.

Does any other class in the game have abilities that ACTIVELY PUNISH you for not being in a party? No. None. If that makes it into the actual revamp, Srams are dead unless they change it. "Oh, you were a good boy and are in a party at all times like we think you should be? Have this small bone and get back an AP or two you didn't use because. Oh wait, you're not in a party or they got themselves killed like dumbasses? ENJOY HALVED DAMAGE OUTPUT MR 'LONE WOLF' MUWAHAHAHAHAAA""

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2014, 12:24:35 am »

I saw the thing and it was made two months ago with a big note at the top saying "these values aren't final".

It also mentions alive allies in the second part, so they may be referring to allies being alive or not. So if there are no allies you're always operating at full steam. Or you're just not getting any benefit or negative. The english is kinda shoddy and randomly mixes french and english through the entire thing, in fact.

The sky isn't falling yet! Wait until it comes out! There's definitely room for interpretation.

And while I'm here the server will be down for four hours. don't wait up for it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:27:23 am by Seriyu »

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2014, 05:10:20 am »

Allow me to elucidate you with a quote from said design document.

That document is outdated. Here's the actual change(well, thread for it) which is currently on the test server.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2014, 06:05:59 am »

And while I'm here the server will be down for four hours. don't wait up for it.
More than four hours, ha. Still down as of this point, harrum.

E: And the mount is ensconced behind yet another devil gimmick. Damnit, game.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:58:35 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2014, 04:45:33 pm »

What gimmick is this then?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2014, 04:53:53 pm »

Chase the chicken before it gets pissed off enough to murder you and make you do the whole thing over again.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2014, 08:12:50 pm »

At least that one does not rely on such a broken ai that it prefers to target full health targets rather then the ones that are practically dead already.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2014, 10:50:28 pm »

Since I want cash, and there are more requests for items

If you have any questions, just contact me in Wakfu.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 23, 2014, 01:55:31 am »

Hey, nice to see this is now free, I played dofus ages ago and played the Wakfu alpha/beta to be disappointed by the limitations imposed on free players at launch. I'm hopping on right now on Nox.

Edit: As soon as I find a way to switch the language to french...

Edit2: Sorted it all out. Deleted my old characters, starting over starting with an Osamodas
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 02:13:13 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28