Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Habit RPG  (Read 38103 times)

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
Re: Habit RPG
« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2015, 05:09:04 am »

I can see what you mean about the site being clunky in certain aspects. The site should more easily tell you what it thinks the time is, for instance.

Edit: Actually, how do you set your local time? I don't get it or it's not working (or both!).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:12:45 am by DG »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 18, 2015, 03:03:27 am »

My ID is 52a2163f-acfd-4f0b-ae2f-5252eac8d1eb
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 16, 2015, 12:32:35 am »

Is anyone still on this? I decided to start using it again for some extra motivation and would like to get re-added to the B12 Party if its still out there.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 16, 2015, 01:02:11 am »

Yeah, there's a bunch of us. What's you ID?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 16, 2015, 02:04:50 pm »

61762c52-afad-447b-b778-e7631ae026a8
It's FEF, not FEOF

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 18, 2017, 06:43:38 pm »

Anyone still using HabitRPG? It's a new summer, and after three days, it's sorely apparent that I need some outside motivation to be productive.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 18, 2017, 10:09:30 pm »

Anyone still using HabitRPG? It's a new summer, and after three days, it's sorely apparent that I need some outside motivation to be productive.
Not really. It's decent as a habit tracker, but absolutely godawful as an RPG.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 19, 2017, 05:34:47 am »

Uh, I'd be willing to start using it again

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 19, 2017, 02:26:19 pm »

That's definitely true, although I don't know if I'd put it as high as decent as a habit tracker. I know that I've written design documents for a better version of the concept more than once in the past, but actually finding the notebooks they're in is likely impossible. It seems to me that getting multiple "choose your own adventure" quality stories for the quests should be easy enough, but building a more in depth combat system might be iffy. Point isn't the rpg as much as the habitting, right?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 19, 2017, 02:27:35 pm »

I have never stopped using it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 19, 2017, 04:14:09 pm »

I've always thought that there is so, so much scope for an habit/productivity RPG type things. Gameification really, really works in my opinion, it's just that the 'game' bit is always rubbish.

Part of the problem is that they rely on you inputting stuff manually and it's often tempting to put down nearly completed stuff etc. I'd say it'd be much better if things were built in - a language learning bit which levelled up wisdom, built in step tracker for constitution etc. etc.

Combine that with a really good game bit, and you'd end up with some really, really big improvements.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 21, 2017, 09:56:26 am »

That's definitely true, although I don't know if I'd put it as high as decent as a habit tracker. I know that I've written design documents for a better version of the concept more than once in the past, but actually finding the notebooks they're in is likely impossible. It seems to me that getting multiple "choose your own adventure" quality stories for the quests should be easy enough, but building a more in depth combat system might be iffy. Point isn't the rpg as much as the habitting, right?

Yeah, in the end I got kind of fed up with how inflexible HabitRPG was. Also, i ended up with a ton of those eggs things and I spent ages hatching them, which kind of defeated the purpose of not having another time-wasting app to play with. A habit RPG shouldn't end up with a backlog of stuff that's not directly related to achieving habits, ya know?

I've always thought that there is so, so much scope for an habit/productivity RPG type things. Gameification really, really works in my opinion, it's just that the 'game' bit is always rubbish.

Part of the problem is that they rely on you inputting stuff manually and it's often tempting to put down nearly completed stuff etc. I'd say it'd be much better if things were built in - a language learning bit which levelled up wisdom, built in step tracker for constitution etc. etc.

Combine that with a really good game bit, and you'd end up with some really, really big improvements.

Actually those aren't bad ideas, because they encourage that "balance of life" thing. Languages might be related to raising charisma however, it would be better to let the player decide which activities to raise which stats I think.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:06:44 am by Reelya »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 27, 2017, 11:14:34 am »

I definitely think that more user control would be nice. I mean, there's basically an infinite depth of recording and rewards I'd like to set for myself (in particular, being able to set a dozen different exercise requirements, then tracking what days I did each exercise and not making me lie when I take a needed rest day).

Anyway, I've started playing it again semi-hardcore (it's nice when I'm giving myself a daily whenever I finish a chapter of my summer reading). Any particular party or guild that everyone is using these days?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 27, 2017, 11:41:43 am »

There's plenty of guilds posting their challenges out publically on the Tavern. The Samurais of Philomathy is one.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 11, 2017, 03:29:32 pm »

So, uh, should we get totgether or something?

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31