Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG III  (Read 13916 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG III
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2014, 11:38:55 am »

Slowing the spin of his chain slightly, Yozod moves closer to the group, keeping a close eye on the Mira.

"A mage who was about to give me a free head of goat. Speaking of which..."

Yozod heads to what's left of the freezer and grabs one of the goats, carrying it back to the group before twisting the head off and taking a bite out of the snout. He then offers the decapitated carcass to the rest of the group.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2014, 11:51:06 am »

The swordswoman hesitated, then took her foot off Gunnar's neck. An odd expression came on her face. The sword dropped away, to be sheathed, but the axe remained in it's half ready position.
"You are right. The Saint would chastise me."

She crouched and relieved the ogre of any weapons, tossing them away onto the floor behind her.
"If it was not magic you attacked with, what was it? Some alchemist's vile substance?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2014, 11:56:06 am »

The Mira looks up in disgust, muttering ’Ogres’ under her breath, before looking back to Ketsuki.
 ’The alchemists vile substance. Or one of them, at least - a few tools to level the field.’ She starts to rise to her feet, arms held away from her sides, away from her blades.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2014, 12:02:04 pm »

"Kindly discard your blades." Ketsuki said, nodding towards the weapons on the mira's side.
"And I still have no answers. Why are you trying to kill this mage? Runic magic is a distasteful but acceptable, and divine and chaos magic are the tools of gods and demons. That dwarf is neither of those. Why?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2014, 12:07:24 pm »

I do believe she is being evasive! And I do not like what she is saying thus far.

So, unless this changes and she actually manages to provide a reason for pursuing the dwarf aside from him having magical powers in her very next sentence (and I do mean her very next sentence), execute her at once. Axe to the back of the head, the back of the neck and to the face, preferably. Also, step out of her field of view to build tension.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:09:34 pm by Harry Baldman »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2014, 12:09:19 pm »

((I think I now know what the plot premise is. ;D))

Chance looks thoughtful for a moment, or would, if it wasn't so dark. "I...understand. Magic is a powerful force, one of worth being afraid of. It could easily be used for evil. However, you shouldn't attack anyone on just those grounds. Can you say, has the dwarf actually done anything bad to you, or anyone?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2014, 12:09:29 pm »

The Mira unbuckles her sheaths and throws them down. The first lands at Ketsuki’s feet, and the second atop Gunnar, smearing the bloody rune on his chest.
 ’Look around you, and tell me this is acceptable.’ She waves a hand, gesturing at the torn open room. ’Tell me girl, have you ever seen a warmage? Have you ever seen a dragon? Have you ever watched hundreds of men burn at the whim of a single being? And you tell me magic is acceptable.’
 ‘As for the dwarf? He was the student of a Varden archmage. An exiled one, at that. And the Varden would not exile his like lightly.’

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:15:13 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2014, 12:10:13 pm »

Ah! Bigotry! How charming.

Execute her at once in the manner specified.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2014, 12:13:25 pm »

With a savage growl she leapt forwards and swung her axe to crash into that [Baldman's character I have forgotten the name of].

Block that axe!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2014, 12:15:47 pm »

With a savage growl she leapt forwards and swung her axe to crash into that [Baldman's character I have forgotten the name of].

((Spooner be his name, and ye better call him that!))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2014, 12:16:22 pm »

"Right now, it's irrelevant what the others have done. Has this particular mage done anything, tell me? Do you know, for example, why he was exiled? Perhaps the archmage was one of the bad ones and got rid of him for not accepting his morals?"

Pull out my dagger and assist in blocking Spooner's attack. "Don't." ((Remember my bonus to parrying.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2014, 12:27:06 pm »

(12+3v22) As the others move to block the Drow, an armoured hand closes around his ankle, and off balance he is pulled to the ground, his axe landing just out of easy reach. The hand moves to the floor, and Gunnar pushes himself up, putting himself between the Mira and the drow.
 ’I would not advise that.’ His voice is a low growl, and sounds strained. The blood on his chest is smeared away where the Mira’s blade fell, at least aiding in breaking the effect. ’Now stay there, and I won’t have to break you again.’
 The Mira reaches up and lays her hand on his shoulder. ’Now, let’s not be hasty.’ She turns round, glancing between Ketsuki and Chance.
 ’Now, I believe we were having a discussion? This mage has done nothing. We only intended to ask him a few questions. Suffice to say, he would not have come willingly.’

Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2014, 12:32:46 pm »

"Ask 'im questions here, then. Else there's gonna be problems."

Crawl over to my axe and get up. Free myself if necessary - other heel to the wrist, perhaps?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:34:33 pm by Harry Baldman »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2014, 12:34:42 pm »

"If you wanted to talk, why come in with your weapons out? And why take him away?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2014, 12:53:14 pm »

Her boot scuffed the floor as Ketsuki skidded to a halt. Her sword whistled out her scabbard again.

"With no weapons, ogre, I would not be belligerent. Else I will not seal your movement, but take your head."

She spoke to the mira again.

"Without a crime, you have no right to take the dwarf, mage or no. And I doubt your questions would be gently put to him." The next line she spoke sounded like one she had memorised, not one that came naturally to her, and her words lacked some conviction. "It is the duty of the strong to protect those weaker."

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36