Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Life of an Alteran Citizen - SG/RtD - Week 1  (Read 5120 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: Life of an Alteran Citizen - Suggestion RtD - Character Creation
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 06:26:34 pm »

((How did korinscove get chosen? My sheet had more votes and said Varisport. Not complaining just curious.))Shark fin.
((Because your GM screwed up. :P Should I fix it, or no?))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 06:40:27 pm »

Shark Fin.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 06:48:24 pm »

((How did korinscove get chosen? My sheet had more votes and said Varisport. Not complaining just curious.))Shark fin.
((It would be preferable yes.))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 07:07:05 pm »

((It would be preferable yes.))
((Error resolved, same question.))
My Area

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 07:44:45 pm »

Same answer.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 02:16:51 pm »

Joseph drank the delicately flavored soup alongside the city's elite. He had a sense of power, given both by his company and choice of nourishment. But also of danger. These were men and women of carefully crafted reputations. They protected their own positions while exposing the faults of others, they placed extreme emphasis on propriety, and they would do whatever was necessary with the same cool emotionless gaze as the predators they dined upon.

Tonight's festivities were being held in the dining hall of the Mage's Guild. Tables had been moved to make room for dancing, there was an open bar with vintages half as old as the Valley, and music emanated from a small ensemble at the edge of the dance floor. Guests were waited on by fledgling Guild members, who presently swept out en force to exchange empty soup bowls for trays of desserts, mostly pastries with cherry, strawberry, or apple fillings. The real variety came from the herbs, imported from Paludan. Any number of options were available, and choice mattered in more than just flavor. Not only could the herbs impact the health of those than consumed them, they also gave a show to other guests of the character of the consumer. Some were dangerous if prepared incorrectly, eaten only by the brave. Others had sweet tastes but painful aftereffects, eaten by those for whom immediate gratification outweighed tomorrow's well-being. There were bland herbs for the stoics, regenerative for those with falling health, and spicy for those with the will to ensure it.

What dessert do you take? ((Either describe an herb and see what trait I give or describe a trait and I'll give you an herb. Or do both yourself. Only one significant trait, others can be gained later.))
My Area

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

WE should consume a herb that is dangerous, proving our iron will, bravery (and stupidity). Preferably one that might instantly kill us, but which shall give us helluva high when we consume it. Is this a good choice? I have no idea.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Something indicating selflessness and aiding of those in need, somehow.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

Joseph's indecision was beginning to confuse the other guests at his table...
My Area

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

+1
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

+1
+1

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

After some thought Joseph grabbed a pastry which consisted of a square of flaky pastry with a half of a strawberry in the middle and a bright green herb dusted over it. The herb was called Nurse's Ivy, named for the fact that it was popular among individuals caring for the sick. It enhanced an individual's empathy, making them feel more acutely the suffering of others. It helped prevent those who watched patients die from getting jaded and losing connection with future patients. His choice was noted by those around him, and while he saw a number of appreciative looks he could also tell others had marked this as a weakness, and were likely deciding how to exploit it.

They weren't given much time to scheme. The desserts were quickly consumed and the music switched styles, indicating it was time to dance. Couples young and old hit the floor first, leaving single men and women to drift among each other in search of a partner. Joseph was admiring the flow of the dancers around the floor, their grace and elegance, when he was approached by an older woman. She explained her husband had passed, but they had loved to dance. Joseph had noted her being rejected by others earlier, and he felt her loss and loneliness as though it were his own. He walked her out to the floor, and they kept each other company to avoid the pangs of her sadness.

Character Trait Gained: Selfless ((Increased chance of Events related to helping others, to be explained later.))

Did you step on her feet? ((Pick a skill, which will give a bonus to related actions.))
My Area

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Nay.

I vote for skill Bargaining. Simple and efficient.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nay.
Invention/Innovation/Creativity/etc.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

No toe-stepping here, no sirree. How about the (not-so-)simple skill of Emotional Manipulation?

Invention/Innovation/Creativity/etc.
-1. We already have a sister game for that, no thanks.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4