Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Life of an Alteran Citizen - SG/RtD - Week 1  (Read 5122 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Life of an Alteran Citizen - SG/RtD - Week 1
« on: July 07, 2014, 12:42:08 pm »

Life of an Alteran Citizen

Spoiler: Gameplay Information (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brief Background (click to show/hide)

Two hundred years has passed since The Founding and the Altera Valley was making the turn of this century. There were feasts in every city, town, and village. Playful melodies drifted lightly in the air, encouraging hearts to do the same. Feet stomped in raucous dance in the rural areas, balls were held in the urban. Nobody understood The Founding, but all celebrated its anniversary.

Where are you celebrating? (Select Name, Gender, Age, and Location. Keep in mind: a young character will allow more development. Read about locations in the OP for the other game, linked above. Any city, town, or village can be chosen.)

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:58:33 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Life of an Alteran Citizen - Suggestion RtD - Character Creation
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 04:58:20 pm »

Camilyn Odiile, Female, 24, Korinscove.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 05:59:07 pm »

((How paradoxy can we get here? Seventy years is defiantly long enough ago to significantly change the past.))
Joseph Miller, Male, 16 (middle aged for that time), Varisport

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 06:00:13 pm »

((How paradoxy can we get here? Seventy years is defiantly long enough ago to significantly change the past.))
I'd change it to 20. Anyway, not really middle aged overall. Sure, infant mortality rates were horrifying, but past that, people would probably make it to a decent age, excluding war or plague.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 06:08:27 pm »

I'd change it to 20. Anyway, not really middle aged overall. Sure, infant mortality rates were horrifying, but past that, people would probably make it to a decent age, excluding war or plague.
Well the point is he would legally be a man and likely just out of an apprenticeship which will make for an interesting story as well as the time to start your own business which will give us the best chance and paradoxing or at least affecting as of yet unwritten history.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 06:25:37 pm »

((As paradoxy as you like. Might be hard, I've left out as many details as possible to allow for games in the past. For example, I've only named one Guildmaster so far. :)

Some things, like the war happening and all of the guilds surviving, are guaranteed. If you try to rewrite those bits I may have to write some very creative turns. ))
My Area

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 07:20:07 pm »

I meant more sparking the industrial revolution, befriending and/or discovering a race, discovering new crystal types etc.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 07:35:36 pm »

((We'll see. For now, get a character sheet with the votes. ))
My Area

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 09:08:52 pm »

Like this one and logic behind it. +1
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 12:50:51 am »

Considering the world has no less than three guilds whose (semi-) magical products make people better off, I'm pretty sure the life expectancy is higher than 30-40 years. Malnutrition? Herbal supplement. Disease or plague? Ask a Marichemist. Hypothermia? Get an insulated house and firewood from the Carpenters. Many of the causes for the medieval low life expectancy rate simply don't exist.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 07:27:54 am »

Considering the world has no less than three guilds whose (semi-) magical products make people better off, I'm pretty sure the life expectancy is higher than 30-40 years. Malnutrition? Herbal supplement. Disease or plague? Ask a Marichemist. Hypothermia? Get an insulated house and firewood from the Carpenters. Many of the causes for the medieval low life expectancy rate simply don't exist.
Because there is such a large population devoted to fighting diseases, and there is plenty of food, Altera is better off than your average medieval kingdom.
My Area

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 08:49:22 am »

That doesn't change the fact that Joseph is now a young man just out of his apprenticeship.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 09:03:33 am »

That doesn't change the fact that Joseph is now a young man just out of his apprenticeship.
Also true. One vote away...
My Area

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

((Since it seems one vote may take a while, and the difference between 16 and 20 will be negligible really, we'll move forward.))

Varisport was no exception. There were dazzling displays of magical prowess, ranging from mages flying into the air before diving into the water to duels of dancing knives between two mages. Young novices competed to demonstrate strength and endurance. That and who could drink the most. Then came dinner. Near the cove there were great stands set up for inns and home cooks to present their chowders, containing every manner of fish imaginable. The soup flowed freely, the Mages Guild had paid a hefty price to have Korinscove's finest fish imported for the event. In the private parties held by the rich and influential shark fin soup was the entree of choice, prized for its effect on the health and strength of those rich enough to consume it, and for the fact that it denoted status.

Which soup did you drink? ((Decide if you are upper class or lower class.))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:06:07 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 06:17:41 pm »

((How did korinscove get chosen? My sheet had more votes and said Varisport. Not complaining just curious.))Shark fin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4