Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Scum Victory)  (Read 45858 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away Day 2
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2014, 11:44:12 pm »

Anailater: My... Opinion? Hmm... Well, our situation is currently slightly shit, what with the losing of one of our own.
Everyone: How 'bout your opinions on our current situation?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2014, 02:30:35 am »

Well that couldn't have gone any worse....
We still have a cop or jailkeeper or maybe both, so it's definitely not as bad as it could be.

I'm actually a little unsure as to what to do now, can i ask for some IC advice?

Nerjin was town, okay. That sucks but i still can't think of who would've been a better lynch target. And right now there's still noone who really stands out to me.

And i don't get why Guiddom got killed. He hadn't posted much at all, and had only joined on with everyone else in voting Nerjin. That seems like he'd be way better for scum to keep alive. Is there even much i can read into that? Did they maybe just choose randomly?

Maybe we should all post general reads and/or thoughts? I'm still wondering about why posting reads is good but i have seen it done a lot. (If anyone could answer my previous question as to why it's good and not bad i'd be grateful. I looked on mafiascum but i didn't see anything about it).

(and Nerjin: as IC what do you think of us having lynched the IC >< is there anything specific we should do now?)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2014, 10:17:00 am »

It seems like he was punched because he wasn't very active, perhaps the scum just wish to keep the game interesting, also
Anailater: My... Opinion? Hmm... Well, our situation is currently slightly shit, what with the losing of one of our own.
It was two of our own actually, my opinion? That we should focus more on people that aren't posting a lot, rather than people who are, also I'd like to apologise to the people who's eeatys I caused.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2014, 10:46:27 am »

Blitz:
Like yobbo, I'm rather confused by this turn of events. Perhaps anailater is right, and the mafia went for Gulddom because his death probably wouldn't have a huge effect on who we target. Or maybe they just wanted to confuse us, and if so, that strategy's certainly working.
anailater:
That we should focus more on people that aren't posting a lot, rather than people who are
Why do you believe that we should focus on inactivity? I'm pretty sure Gulddom was the person with the least amount of posts (though I could be incorrect), and he's town.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2014, 11:10:10 am »

Gulddom was probably picked because he didn't particularly stand out in any way. He came in later in the day and seemed fairly quiet. The mafia probably suspected him of having a power role of some sort. That or they picked randomly. Regardless of the why, we're now down to a very interesting situation. Basically, we have anailater, Fronstmoon, yobbo, and myself, who are all actively scumhunting. Deathsword and Illgeo have been fairly quiet overall.

BlitzDungeoneer: You've been deflecting most of the questions that come your way. It may be your play style, but I want to hear more out of you. Could you go ahead and give your reads regarding those of us left alive? Also, how would you have played differently knowing what roles the two dead players have?

Deathsword: You've posted a lot less than many of us. While those posts have been asking questions, you haven't really been as active as you could be. Could you give your reads on the situation and of each of us? Why do you think Gulddom was stabbed and not one of us more active townies?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2014, 12:20:48 pm »

Scripten: Deflect questions? Mind giving me a list? Probably just didn't notice them.
Don't know nearly enough about the other players to get a reading, but I don't think Deathsword is scum. Take my word with a grain of salt, though.
Well, I would have thought a different person was scum presumably. Not much else to do.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2014, 01:41:53 pm »

Blitz, you completely ignored my questions. 

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2014, 01:43:25 pm »

Blitz, you completely ignored my questions. 

Which ones? Like I said, it's entirely possible I didn't notice them.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Signups closed)
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2014, 02:48:46 pm »

So, Blitz.
Nothing in particular, but some examples would be;
Not participating much without providing a good reason.
Asking suspicious questions.
You're showing everything you said is first day scumtell to you.
Also, you said some people suspicious for you, yet you aren't trying to pressure them.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2014, 03:33:18 pm »

So, Blitz.
Nothing in particular, but some examples would be;
Not participating much without providing a good reason.
Asking suspicious questions.
You're showing everything you said is first day scumtell to you.
Also, you said some people suspicious for you, yet you aren't trying to pressure them.
That's... Not a question. Still, I'll try to answer it.
1. I did provide a reason most of the time though. Namely, blackouts followed by a family gathering.
2. Which questions are suspicious to you?
3. Pressure them? How, exactly? I've literally only played 1 game and never read any, so not entirely certain how I'm supposed to do that.
On a side note, you seemed awfully quick to accuse me of deflecting questions without even telling me which ones. That seems strange, no?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2014, 03:48:24 pm »

Well, I'm  not sure. At least try to speak to them.
Well I  can't scumhunt if I ain't been answered

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2014, 03:52:11 pm »

It would be nice if people told me what questions I haven't answered then.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2014, 05:16:02 pm »

BlitzDungeoneer: It's not so much that you're avoiding answering questions outright. It's more that you give the absolute minimum amount of information just so you can say "Look, I've answered it!" For example, when I asked about your reads, you gave a single, weak read. Giving out as much information as you can without revealing roles is good town behavior. We want to know who you suspect and why. We want to know where you stand on the situation almost all the time so that we can work off of that. Right now, all I know is that you aren't sure if Deathsword is scum, or want us to think that. What you said could have just as easily been taken as you wanting to get people off of Deathsword's back because you two are a scumteam, want to create suspicion toward Deathsword by suggesting that you are trying to protect him, or that you are a detective role and investigated him. (Don't confirm or deny this, please. We do NOT want the scum to know any roles.) Basically, any which way, you've created a situation that does not help the town by not giving more information on your thought processes by withholding your train of thought. We don't want WIFOM situations. (That is, situations that tell us nothing because the motivations could be one of two completely conflicting sides.) Does that make sense?

All: We've got several players who've only posted a few times the entire game. Remember that only active towns become victorious.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2014, 05:21:52 pm »

Scripten: Well how do you suggest we deal with inactive members? Do we pm them, or do you threaten then with your vote/FoS?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away Day 1
« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2014, 05:37:07 pm »

Scripten:
Before day's end, I'd like to put up a quick list of other players and my basic read on them. I'll clarify why I've put anyone in the place I have if you all would like to know. Anyone else care to put up some reads before night comes?

-Most Scummy-
Nerjin
BlitzDungeoneer
Illgeo
anailater/Gulddom
Deathsword
yobbo
Frostmoon
-Most Town-

Do these reads still relate to what you believe now? (Excluding, of course, Nerjin and Gulddom because they're confirmed town.) If so, do you care to explain people's rankings?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24