Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1565765 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 5678 luaghs and counting
« Reply #5595 on: May 03, 2016, 03:42:13 am »

109 zombies... Wot Japan? Seriously? So few?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: May 03, 2016, 04:29:20 am »

Depends on the difficulty creating a zombie, as well as the actual power of said zombie. In most American fiction, zombies are portrayed as a rapidly spreading infection that can be killed fairly easily. However, if they're fairly difficult/expensive to make and have a Dwarf Fortress-level thrall/husk strength, then yes, you do have an elite force that actually poses a threat.

Plus, 109 actors playing zombies is not a small number, even if they are all extras.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: May 03, 2016, 04:33:17 am »

108 is an important number in Buddhism, and thus it turns up in Eastern media quite often. It's possible a movie with 109 zombies has the most, because everyone else decided to have 108 or less.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5598 on: May 03, 2016, 04:56:50 am »

Plus, 109 actors playing zombies is not a small number, even if they are all extras.
That's cute
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: May 03, 2016, 07:05:48 am »

That's cute
What's even the point of having that many extras? That's just pure extravagance or being too lazy to use any of the established tricks for making the most out of your extras unless you insist on the kind of massive, sweeping army shots that are done with CGI nowadays.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: May 03, 2016, 01:10:33 pm »

That's cute
Pfft.
They didn't have any actors playing zombies. Git gud scrubs.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: May 03, 2016, 02:40:49 pm »

This quote:
"As an existentialist I'm sort of obligated to pretend to think about death constantly, but mostly I'm just thinking about butts and stuff."
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5602 on: May 03, 2016, 03:12:07 pm »

What's even the point of having that many extras? That's just pure extravagance or being too lazy to use any of the established tricks for making the most out of your extras unless you insist on the kind of massive, sweeping army shots that are done with CGI nowadays.
>1970
>CGI

The goal was mostly to show the tactics and so on used in the battle, and the best way to do that was with lots of soldiers. Normally money would be an issue but it's the Soviet Union and they can do whatever they want.

Plus, it was the Red Army. Gotta do something when you run out of Germans to kill.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: May 03, 2016, 05:15:29 pm »

This quote:
"As an existentialist I'm sort of obligated to pretend to think about death constantly, but mostly I'm just thinking about butts and stuff."
Sounds like in vino veritas Sartre.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5608 on: May 04, 2016, 01:28:57 am »

The day science went too far.
Let's be honest, this is actually really useful.

E: Fug, doublepost

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: May 04, 2016, 12:49:16 pm »

The day science went too far.
Let's be honest, this is actually really useful.

E: Fug, doublepost

I would actually say that this is the culmination of the soft disciplines, in which they have finally achieved transcendental self-awareness sufficient to overcome their artificially imposed limitations and engage with the world in the creation of a new age of analytical, insightful information exchange intended to facilitate the production of a higher quality of scholarly work.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 879