Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1566154 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: Thirty plumbers and poems about sewage
« Reply #3975 on: November 18, 2015, 03:42:19 am »

You ever use the Ethereal form shout to cliff-dive?
All the time. A big drawback of the open world design is it takes a frikkin long time to get anywhere by just walking normally.
fast travel
The hell's that?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3976 on: November 18, 2015, 03:48:10 am »

fast travel
The hell's that?
Some black magic witchery. Upstanding citizens like ourselves would never know how it works. It's only by chance that I know such a vile thing exists.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: November 18, 2015, 05:21:22 am »

I kind of wish Fallout New Vegas has some equivalent of Ethereal Form. Maybe a drug? There need to be more useful drugs in New Vegas apart from the meds and radiation drugs.
*cough*~tgm~*cough*

<.<          >.>

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: November 18, 2015, 01:35:30 pm »

So yesterday on the religion thread SirQuiamus linked a certain article that was very relevant to my previous comment on the thread. Said article was very eye opening and interesting.

The whole blog (in which said article was posted) seemed top notch, as a matter of fact. So I decided to read the first thing on the blog's index.

It included a bunch of supposedly hard ball questions to US presidential candidates, and the one about THE DONALD got a laugh out of me:

Quote from: Slate Star Codex
Mr. Trump:

You are famous both for your vast corporate empire and for your tendency to name the pieces of that corporate empire after yourself. By my count there are six buildings named “Trump Tower”, ten named some variation on “Trump Hotel”, a Trump Building, a Trump Palace, and a Trump Estate. You founded a financial services group called Trump Mortgage, a modeling agency called Trump Model Management, a bottled water brand called Trump Ice, and a magazine called Trump Magazine. You also started an airline called Trump Airlines, a TV company called Trump Productions, a book series called Trump Books, and your own radio talk show called Trumped!. There are also several Trump-themed games, like Donald Trump’s Real Estate Tycoon and Trump: The Game.

Mother Jones wrote a great article on this last one. Trump: The Game seems to be a tacky Monopoly clone. Players move around a board and bid on properties, and when one of them gets locked out of bidding for a property the other player gets to say “YOU’RE FIRED” the same way you do on your show. The only way to get back in to a property once you’ve been fired is to use the game’s most powerful card, which has a picture of your face on it and is called “The Donald”.

My question for you is: WHY DIDN’T YOU CALL IT THE TRUMP CARD?!?!!!!111111111asdfdf
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: November 18, 2015, 01:40:19 pm »

apparently the donald trump plugin only makes one random seed per paragraph:
You are famous both for your vast corporate empire and for your tendency to name the pieces of that corporate empire after yourself. By my count there are six buildings named “Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump Tower”, ten named some variation on “Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump Hotel”, a Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump Building, a Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump Palace, and a Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump Estate. You founded a financial services group called Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump Mortgage, a modeling agency called Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump Model Management, a bottled water brand called Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump Ice, and a magazine called Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump Magazine. You also started an airline called Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump Airlines, a TV company called Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump Productions, a book series called Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump Books, and your own radio talk show called Trumped!. There are also several Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump-themed games, like Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump’s Real Estate Tycoon and Donald "My net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney" Trump: The Game.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: November 18, 2015, 01:46:51 pm »

I'm completely ok with that one particular example.

EDIT: Wait, does it mean that, if the quote happens to mention his name, does it mean the plugin will suffer a runaway reaction and infinitely apply a Trump quote to every Trump quote?

I wonder if we'll live to the day a Trump Fractal comes into being. Imagine Trump creating a cloning lab named Trump clones, which creates several Trump clones, which in turn create more Trump Labs which create more Trumps and more Trump labs and more Trumps and Trump labs in an infinite sequence of Trumps that would collapse itself into a Trump hole eventualy amassing enough mass and energy to create a Trump universetm
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:52:19 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: November 18, 2015, 01:55:38 pm »

no idea tbh

it does make paragraphs with multiple references to him basically unreadable, tho

E:
another laugh: while I was looking through my mails I saw that some time ago a TF2 game had gone live. The matchup was "Stacked vs Fair Enough" :P
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:02:47 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3982 on: November 18, 2015, 02:31:22 pm »

I'm completely ok with that one particular example.

EDIT: Wait, does it mean that, if the quote happens to mention his name, does it mean the plugin will suffer a runaway reaction and infinitely apply a Trump quote to every Trump quote?

I wonder if we'll live to the day a Trump Fractal comes into being. Imagine Trump creating a cloning lab named Trump clones, which creates several Trump clones, which in turn create more Trump Labs which create more Trumps and more Trump labs and more Trumps and Trump labs in an infinite sequence of Trumps that would collapse itself into a Trump hole eventualy amassing enough mass and energy to create a Trump universetm

Unfortunately probably not. It'd be amazing, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: November 18, 2015, 05:12:43 pm »

Trump Physics aside, I'm trying to find out just what these ye olde comics were trying to say:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: November 18, 2015, 05:27:51 pm »

Dunno about the first picture, but boner used to mean gaffe.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: November 18, 2015, 05:29:46 pm »

Trump Physics aside, I'm trying to find out just what these ye olde comics were trying to say:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...What the hell. I'm reading that site right now.

O_o

In any case, the first one is a Photoshop job, while Teneb's advice is sound on the second.

The guy also has a collection of panels from a Batman comic about boners.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: November 18, 2015, 05:30:38 pm »

Spoiler: Like these (click to show/hide)

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: November 18, 2015, 05:33:13 pm »

[/spoiler]
I know it's just the choice of colors, but it looks like Batman is shirtless in this one.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: November 18, 2015, 05:38:36 pm »

[/spoiler]
I know it's just the choice of colors, but it looks like Batman is shirtless in this one.
How else would you study history's greatest boners?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 879