Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Last Stand: Dead Zone  (Read 8871 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Stand: Dead Zone
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2014, 12:11:41 am »

This is great! I raided about 4-5 guys today, so many resources. I am bound to have repercussions though, but hey I want to see the flaws in my defence setup anyways.
If you can visit me (same name in-game) you can view my defenses.  It's worked well so far against zombies and humans.  Zombies are a complete wash, and humans... are more difficult because you can't view the battle, but I've not been raided in a while.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2014, 01:15:36 pm »

Hmm, no return raids so far. Also, I am now level 10, so I can join alliances. Seems I have to build some banner first though.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2014, 04:02:00 pm »

Hmm, no return raids so far. Also, I am now level 10, so I can join alliances. Seems I have to build some banner first though.
Yep.  I'm gathering fuel as steadily as I can!  I'll have an alliance up soon-ish-ish.  At like ~80 fuel so far, running a genny and requests as much as I can.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2014, 05:12:22 pm »

I just don't do raiding.
It's a pain in the ass to fix everything that someone else breaks so I don't intend to put anyone through that.
Unless it's a revenge raid.
In which my ass is kicked within seconds.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2014, 06:10:20 pm »

Finally returned to this game, and raided someone... guy had walled his 3 survivors into a barricade square near his dropoffs. Just walked in, stole all his stuff, and didn't bother killing the survivors.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2014, 06:34:12 pm »

Nah, I generally am not a dick to others and break all their shit. I just go in, loot everything, and kill any survivors preventing me from doing this. I leave their barricades and stuff still up though, if it isn't blockading me to their goods. I have so far not had a revenge raid, despite raiding a whole lot of people.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2014, 06:40:55 pm »

I always go for max destruction when I raid, just as personal preference. For example, my second raid on this account, I killed all his survivors, stole all his resources, and destroyed all his defenses. I'm coming back in a few days, too.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2014, 12:20:43 am »

I always go for max destruction when I raid, just as personal preference. For example, my second raid on this account, I killed all his survivors, stole all his resources, and destroyed all his defenses. I'm coming back in a few days, too.
I'm founding a guild in the next few days (up to like 91 fuel, need 100) and you sound perfect.

For those unaware, one thing the alliance does, is wars.  To gain war points, you raid any other alliance member (not your own alliance, obviously) and get to their standing flag and loot it, gaining you points.  You can also donate items like ammo and water into the guild to earn points.  So ruthless raiders are the real winners of alliance wars.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2014, 03:00:47 am »

you know i like doing that as well. any way my ign is iamcoppy (level 9)

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2014, 04:46:23 pm »

Just to what extent can a raid destroy my work? If it's just barricades, I don't have many can rebuild those. Losing survivors is bad, but the requirements for getting new ones should probably drop when you come in and kill my pistoleros and machete man from across the map,  but if you can just come in and destroy my benches and whatnot that I've put all my resources into then I'm going to end up dropping this like a kitten off a bridge. 

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2014, 04:49:43 pm »

You can destroy defenses, and some buildings. Killing survivors doesn't actually kill them, but it does injure them. Being constantly targeted can really suck, but eh.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2014, 05:09:54 pm »

Just to what extent can a raid destroy my work? If it's just barricades, I don't have many can rebuild those. Losing survivors is bad, but the requirements for getting new ones should probably drop when you come in and kill my pistoleros and machete man from across the map,  but if you can just come in and destroy my benches and whatnot that I've put all my resources into then I'm going to end up dropping this like a kitten off a bridge. 
If someone destroys a building, it's only a relatively small amount of repairwork instead of building the building up all over again.
My tumblr.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 01:43:52 am »

They can steal resources you have on hand, cannot steal items, can temporarily injure your survivors, can trigger traps, and can destroy any of your defensive structures which are repaired for cheap.  They cannot steal weapons, gear, components, or junk, cannot steal fuel from your account (though they can raid your FUEL genny), they cannot destroy workbenches, construction yards, showers, etc., and they cannot permanently remove a survivor.

Finally got the fuel for an alliance.  Anyone suggest flag options?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 01:49:13 am »

Something pickaxe-y?
My tumblr.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile