Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Last Stand: Dead Zone  (Read 8879 times)

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Stand: Dead Zone
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 02:22:19 pm »

It shouldn't matter which website we're on, isn't it all on the same server?
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 02:31:00 pm »

Con says that Kongregate is separated from the others, and is not fully up to date. I'm not sure that's still true, but it's possible.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 02:39:01 pm »

I just started a new ArmorGames account, and started playing again. I guess whichever one of us gets to lvl15 first will start the clan (or whatever it's called)?
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 02:40:45 pm »

This will take awhile, shame it takes so long to start a group. Pretty fun looting though, it is pretty easy to use guns most of the time.

Edit:

How reluctantly should I use fuel?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:11:43 pm by Cheedows »

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 03:20:57 pm »

Unless you like paying real cash to get more, don't use it. Period. You can speed things that are under 5 minutes up for free, anything above that you may as well wait in real time. This is why I don't usually play online MMO's.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 03:29:32 pm »

Eh, save up for a white flag book, then go crazy. You can find fuel while scavenging, so it's not too bad.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 12:22:40 am »

So, I still got 4 days to prepare for raids and raid defense from all these compounds around me. Is there anything I should know?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 12:32:04 am »

I'll hop back on ArmorGames if people are playing.  I might do it anyways just to check out the updates.

The experience I had with defense, was to abuse vision angles.  Long rifles are GREAT for taking out zombies, and if you've got the pure range to reach across the map, a guard tower with a sniper can hit raiders.  Otherwise, position your guys in tight quarters with shotguns or something, so that the enemy is forced to round a corner into a faceful of lead.

In other words, whoever has the most range advantage is going to win.  Build things in such a way that the enemy cannot engage you at long range.  At short range, you can win more easily.

Start raiding other people.  Whatever defeats you, build your base like that!

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 02:21:03 pm »

Is the weapon/gear bench worth it? Haven't made one yet, seeing that I can scavenge decent dear well enough.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 05:01:37 pm »

Joining on armorgames aswell. Same name as here!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 05:45:42 pm »

Is the weapon/gear bench worth it? Haven't made one yet, seeing that I can scavenge decent dear well enough.
Maybe not immediately, but later, yes.

Warmed up my account, ArmorGames has kept my account active and at its previous level.  17 with REALLY tight defense, several LMGs and M-24's.

It's all coming back to me too...  What you want?  Go for LMG ASAP.  My standard team is 3-4 assault soldiers with LMG if possible (gear for ammo or accuracy if possible), 0-2 recon with long rifles (pure sniper power, single-hit damage type), and 0-1 scavengers (purely for looting).  More the assault in, leapfrogging over each other, with the sniper moving with them.  You want to be able to be stationary and lay down enormous fire for maximum security.  I usually locate the position that has the most spawn points, and set my soldiers in the middle, standing there stationary covering as many firing angles for as many spawns as possible.  Usually this means the scavenger is rather far away from the soldiers, but still within their fire range, so while your scavenger might be directly adjacent to a spawn point, the sheer volume of fire should keep them safe.

For defense, I've taken the opposite of what I said previously.  My resource storage structures are all surrounded by barriers, with a gate on one side.  Two guard towers are inside, both on the same corner positioned as close to the interior of the map as possible - the long range of the long rifles keeps most of the map covered anyways.  The gate that leads into the storage ring has guards on the outside (with another layer of barricades for them) so that zombies will go towards them and not break down the edge barricades.  Positioned in the front of the defensive line is a tower with LMG, which does a fantastic job mowing down everything.  Any zombies that try to attack the LMG tower get picked apart by the SMG/LMG soldiers on foot nearby.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 06:25:55 pm by Girlinhat »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 07:09:42 pm »

Well, that sounds a lot more badass than my makeshift shanty. I'm slightly confused, if all noobs start in the same area why is it just me in Riverside North? I see a bunch of other compounds in areas around me though, just not in the noob area. Hoping to get more hunting compacts for raiding, since they have ENORMOUS range. Only got 1 for my leader so far, does killing other survivors give EXP?

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 09:19:05 pm »

So, I havent played this in a year, but I still have my old stuff. Currently level 10, almost 11. I'm up to join in with you guys, but it might take a few days to get the hang of the game again.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 10:43:58 pm »

Well, that sounds a lot more badass than my makeshift shanty. I'm slightly confused, if all noobs start in the same area why is it just me in Riverside North? I see a bunch of other compounds in areas around me though, just not in the noob area. Hoping to get more hunting compacts for raiding, since they have ENORMOUS range. Only got 1 for my leader so far, does killing other survivors give EXP?
The map is per-player.  The actual location of people on the map doesn't matter.  Every player has the same map and the same start.  The other 'compounds' you see on the map are dummy locations that house a player, not their actual location, which is a bit abstract.  It just pulls several players in the similar range to yours and puts them in the city.

Raiding does give EXP, and is the best way to obtain raw resources.  You can raid an active player's metal stockpile for ENORMOUS gains, but will never gain fuel or equipment.  It's a fantastic way to prepare for building something large.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 11:49:09 pm »

Ah, is there any way to tell whether someone is inactive or not? Some of these guys have not been leveling for a few days, I'm not sure if they are just slow or they stopped playing. Also, is it worth it to give up my beginner protection to raid or wait until it is over?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5